Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Of relevance to Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post
    It is funny how many "kung fu" people who don't think twice about crosstraining in a dozen other (sometimes irrelevant) MA's or "cross-fighting", don't take the time to research and understand the more subtle aspects of kung fu.
    "Cross-fighting" is just another name for beimo (competing/comparing martial arts). The history of kung fu is replete with beimo stories.

call it what you want. Its crap. You try to pretend that you know more then everyone else and you believe fairy tales . You insult people that are legends and proba why you and your teacher did vt in the first place. Its alot easier when you keep it a secret or say people just didnt learn it when you have nothing to back it up. I believe you are completely full of 'chi' and you need to either stop insulting your betters (i mean wong not me) and keep your internal crap to your boyfriend

my point warmt about how long you have trained. 7 years is a considerable time but some of the people that you have said have "missed' out on some thing have done alot more. The fact that a lineage doesnt have internal stuff was your point. Then you refer to mckwoons as to say that because i or my school dont beleive in chi that we dont do it right. Or did i misunderstand. Can u see how that is insulting. I have gone to hong kong and china and looked and felt others and do not feel that i an missing anything.. And as far as the weights go what do you think the sold and knives do. Heavy arent they. And with different equipment like medi calls. Kettle bells. Off set bars etc, you can nearly replicate an alive weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    "Cross-fighting" is just another name for beimo (competing/comparing martial arts). The history of kung fu is replete with beimo stories.
    <cough>Huo Yuenjia<cough>
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Thumbs up

HardWork8
    Banned
    Simon M, I know you're atheism's warrior, and I agree, but sometimes I think there is a God (or at least a decent moderator).
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Here’s an honest question.

Why should someone as truthful as he, ‘HW8’ get banned? Could you give me at least two honest answers, and please be careful on your approach, remember you took the horse around the barn many times (disrespect) including me.

And if ‘God’ was to make such a move, then we all should be banned, including you…

Be careful on what you ask for.

I remember a church that prayed for rain during a democratic convention, and during their convention (GOP) they got over three hurricanes…

Ali Rahim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Why should someone as truthful as he, ‘HW8’ get banned? Could you give me at least two honest answers, and please be careful on your approach, remember you took the horse around the barn many times (disrespect) including me.

And if ‘God’ was to make such a move, then we all should be banned, including you…

Be careful on what you ask for.

I remember a church that prayed for rain during a democratic convention, and during their convention (GOP) they got over three hurricanes…

Ali Rahim.
    IF you have to ask, you haven't been paying close enough attention.
    Now, I don't know WHY he was banned NOW, but I know WHY he should have been banned before:
    Making dubious claims about a WC lineage that he showed no proof of belonging to.
    Now, I say dubious simply because I think fradulent is too strong a word.
    He made simialr claims on another website, except on that one their were investiagted and shown to be false.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Slow down, that’s not enough, especially without proof within your post that deals with his character, and its many people that are here as we speak, are not trust worthy, and they shouldn’t be banned because of that fact…

Before or while making your claims of his character, please add proof…

Thanks, but no thanks… The question was not for you…

Ali Rahim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Slow down, that’s not enough, especially without proof within your post that deals with his character, and its many people that are here as we speak, are not trust worthy, and they shouldn’t be banned because of that fact…

Before or while making your claims of his character, please add proof…

Thanks, but no thanks… The question was not for you…

Ali Rahim.
    Proof?
    There was TONS, links and everything !
    This was months ago !
    Well, since as YOU said, the question wasn't for me and I have closed the chapter on HW8 a long time ago when I put him on ignore, I suggest you PM Gene, since HE banned him.

I’m reading all of his post (on this thread) and just cant figured it out…
    Well I’ll just drop the subject…

Ali Rahim.

Hello,

Please keep in mind that several of his (HW8) posts have been deleted so you are looking at what was not deleted.

Simply put, HW8 was given ample opportunity to change his manner of posting, yet failed to do so. He would often cite the failures of others without taking the time to consider his contributions to such behaviour. There were numerous instances where his abrasive manner of posting was inflamatory and could also be construed as insulting to others on this forum, many of whom would be considered his seniors. One of the biggest considerations was his personal flame war between himself and several others carrying over to this forum.

There were many reasons which would be used to "justify" banning someone. In all cases this is a last resort and one not desired by myself. However, when someone brings nothing but dissent to this forum then they need not be here. There are several who are close to this, but in almost every other instance when asked to reign it in a bit they do so, at least for a while. In this case the individual, and another, failed to do so and as a result were banned. Whether or not they return in the future will depend on their ability to learn from this instance.

As always anyone wishing to discuss this or any other matter is free to contact me directly. However, please do not continue to waste bandwidth discussing matters which have nothing to do with Wing Chun.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Thanks Dave,

Thanks for the informative information that sounds more believable… I got banned for using religious saying in my signature when asked not to, but did anyway, and I can point out one that still does…

When you get a letter from the Mod, just stop doing what you’re doing, because they will ban you , lets all just move on.

Ali Rahim.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Simon M, I know you're atheism's warrior, and I agree, but sometimes I think there is a God (or at least a decent moderator).
    Yea let us give thanks to the almighty Gene Ching who smiteth the troll, the flamer and the unworthy. May he hear our "aves" and let his countenance to shine down upon us.

And now, having just read Sihing73's request I will say no more on this matter.
    Last edited by SimonM; 10-23-2008 at 07:04 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    As always anyone wishing to discuss this or any other matter is free to contact me directly. However, please do not continue to waste bandwidth discussing matters which have nothing to do with Wing Chun.
    I think this statement was a statement meant for everyone, unless you’re a contributor or something…

What’s done is done, lets move on.

Ali Rahim.