Thread: Ufc 89

Ufc 89

Just got through watching the Bisbing/Leben fight and I must say I am disappointed with the decision...Bisbing fought a boxer's fight...taking pot shots and dancing away. Although Leben looked more battered I thought he controlled the pace, the aggression and he landed better kicks and strikes. I just can't see where Bisbing dominated any part of the fight, maybe the first round. Oh well...thats the second less than thrilling victory for Bisbing after the UF show...I liked him coming out of there but I wouldn't pay to see his fights...Leben on the other hand is a warrior and worthy of our respect. Anyone else catch it?

I couldn't agree more. I kept wondering if I saw the same fight as the judges. Another disappointment with judging. Maybe they judged by the blood-o-meter.

i remember thinking the same thing when he faught the deaf wrestler guy(been a while since that fight so i may be wrong) anyways, that was in the UK also. bisbing is from the UK so maybe home field advantage
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

I watched the fight and the whole time, I thought Leben was losing.

He was the aggressor, but he kept getting counter punched. He pressed the action and got nailed consistently.
    dazed and confused

I used to train under Matt Hume and I've worked with Leben a few times, he is a good guy and a tough guy, definitely was rooting for him.

I think he should have changed his game plan for that match, I know he is a brawler but imagine if he used an orthodox stance and threw constant stiff, left jabs (basically straights with his power).

That would have really threw Bisbing off.
    棋盘山上砍过树,故宫城里盗过墓,此生行尽天涯路,沈阳儿女就是酷.

I fell asleep before the Bispin V. Leben fight.
    I'll have to catch it on the highlights.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

www.watchtvsitcoms.com

They have UFC 89 on there.
    棋盘山上砍过树,故宫城里盗过墓,此生行尽天涯路,沈阳儿女就是酷.