Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW8 - Fooouul!

Thumbs down HW8 - Fooouul!

WTH happened to that 'Of relevance to wing chun' thread? My only guess is that you deleted it, cos unless it got really silly suddenly I can't see why the mods would.

It had some nice little discussions about the differences in people's internal training, and I was just about to weigh in with mine. I don't get it: the thread wasn't going your way so you deleted it? YOU 'can't' discuss specifics of your training so no one else should!? YOU don't agree with other people's methods so no one else should be able to discuss them?

Foul play. You don't own the threads you know. This is a discussion forum, for... discussion. That's how people find common ground or at least cordially and civilly agree to disagree. It's a community here, however you may not like it.

Of course, if it was Dave (Sihing 73) I take it all back and apologise unreservedly with a big slice of humble pie, but then direct the questions at him!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I agree.

I think most on that thread were getting around to ignoring HW8 and having their own discussion, which I agree was an interesting one.

There are threads on this forum and other KFO forums where his behaviour (and much less often, that of others, though the racist prank was very low, not that I feel much sympathy for HW8 for some reason) was much worse than it was on that thread, and those threads are still here.

The only missing thread(s) seem to be those he started. Which means only he or a moderator could delete them.

If he did delete the thread, that's a pretty immature and cowardly act. If Dave, well I could understand but I'd wonder where the consistency was.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Yeah, I was ****ed off. I commented as such in the other HW8 thread (on the southern forum). I spent time on my comments and to have them swept away ... makes me want to not contribute at all. Arsehole.
    Last edited by Sihing73; 10-21-2008 at 05:34 AM.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

I agree

Plus its fairly ironic your street vernacular made it through too Toby LOL

Usually the stars appear.... classic !

Perhaps Headwork8's mum found him on the net after bedtime and made him delete his thread as punishment. Poor guy, hope he still gets his pocket money this week. LOL

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    Plus its fairly ironic your street vernacular made it through too Toby LOL

Usually the stars appear.... classic !
    I has tha real internal skillz.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

HELLO, HELLO, HELLO!

Before you guys make a bigger fool out of yourselves it was not me who deleted this thread and I was as surprised as you!

If you are in doubt, then please PM the moderator and find out for yourselves!

PS. Thank you Mr Punch for considering the possibility that it was not me who deleted my own thread. By the way, how does one delete his own thread? I did delete some posts on the day, but not my own thread.

I was looking forward to having a dare I say a "deeper" discussion on the subject of softness and I was going to recommend you to meet a master I know in London who can clarify some questions that you may have on the subject (I had this in my mind for a while). That is the next time you are in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Of course, if it was Dave (Sihing 73) I take it all back and apologise unreservedly with a big slice of humble pie, but then direct the questions at him!
    Apparently not HW8:

<edit>Beat me to it. HW8, if you delete your original first post that started the thread it will delete the whole thread IIRC. As I said, it's not advisable. I've done it very infrequently on other fora when I created a thread asking/commenting about stuff I didn't want public forever - get some quick info then hide it from prying eyes again.</edit>
    Last edited by Toby; 10-20-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post
    I answered your post in the other thread thinking your criticism was aimed at the moderator and not me!
    My criticism is aimed at whoever deleted the thread. If it's not you, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Apparently not HW8:

<edit>Beat me to it. HW8, if you delete your original first post that started the thread it will delete the whole thread IIRC. As I said, it's not advisable. I've done it very infrequently on other fora when I created a thread asking/commenting about stuff I didn't want public forever - get some quick info then hide it from prying eyes again.</edit>
    I don't understand your point here, BUT:

First of all I did not know that deleting my first post would delete the whole thread.

Secondly, I don't recall deleting the first post! I did delete 2 posts yesterday, but they were in another thread, unless it was a genuine mistake.

I will PM the moderator for clarification!

By deleting a first post you delete the thread title and the context-setter for the rest of the thread. So it makes sense to delete the whole thread. Even when people delete individual posts (again, I've been occasionally guilty of this if I've posted confidential stuff and later regretted it - bad form though) it puts the replies out of context and messes up the thread. You see that happening pretty often. Deleting a whole thread sucks though. I mean, personally I would've invested a good 30-60min in all my replies let alone the 4-5 pages of other peoples' posts.

If I intend to delete a thread for reasons mentioned earlier I'll tend to warn beforehand. E.g. on another forum I posted up pictures of a location I wanted to remain secret, said I'd delete them later, asked a few questions or made a few comments and (hopefully) deleted the pictures a week or two later (probably still forgot to do it now months later, have to take them off my ftp site).

As I stated in the other thread, I PMed the moderator to see wether he would clarify what happened one way or the other. Either he deleted the thread or I deleted it by mistake.

However, I will say again, there was nothing polemic happening in that particular thread to warrant anyone wanting to delete it. It was a relatively peacefull thread and it was evolving for the better, except for that last comment by unkokusai.

This was a comment to which I did not respond hoping that the moderator would take care of it.

Anyway, hopefully in a few hours we will know what happened for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I agree.

I think most on that thread were getting around to ignoring HW8 and having their own discussion, which I agree was an interesting one.
    Look, please don't invent stories, ok!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    There are threads on this forum and other KFO forums where his behaviour (and much less often, that of others, though the racist prank was very low, not that I feel much sympathy for HW8 for some reason) was much worse than it was on that thread, and those threads are still here.
    HELLO! It was not about MY behavior! There was nothing polemic in that thread for me to want to delete it.

If you blame my behavior, then that is because you have missed the point of the general threads, not to mentioning that you have probably missed a few of them altogether.

Generally what happens is that I put forward my point of view on training and then one of you ("externalist") lot comes out and ridicules me and tries to cut me down. I react and cut them down to shreds. Then you lot criticise my "behavior" and call me a troll.

The only missing thread(s) seem to be those he started. Which means only he or a moderator could delete them.
    I did not know that there were other missing threads

Which ones

If he did delete the thread, that's a pretty immature and cowardly act. If Dave, well I could understand but I'd wonder where the consistency was.
    Look! one more time, there was nothing of polemic happening there, no wars, no fights (didn't you know that nowadays, all the real fights happen in YouTube!), nothing that would justify deleting a whole thread that actually seemed to be going somewhere!!!!
    Last edited by HardWork8; 10-21-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Oh well, I take it all back. Thanks to Toby, I just tested deleting the 1st message in a replied-to thread and it deleted the whole thread.

Still, I think HW8 is "hard-faced" enough not to delete whole threads.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Keep up the "good work" HW8 : How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

FWIW, I don't think it was HW8.
    Thanks for your vote of confidence. There was nothing in that thread that warranted deleting and if I did it, then it would have been by mistake. I am waiting to hear from Sihing73.

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post
    Actually, I haven't made up my mind about Toby yet.
    I don't see the need to make up your mind about anybody. Everyone is on a journey, their posts don't necessarily represent an end product of their training.

It is good you have a zest for your training but to write people off just because they follow a different path is not fruitful to your own growth in the long term.