Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW8 - Fooouul!

Sorry it was me

Hello,

It was not HW who deleted the thread, but me. I deleted it, cleaned it up some and have restored it. Please feel free to continue posting but try to keep it on topic. Unfortunately, I do not always have time to go through every post and I had been getting some complaints regarding some of the posts.

The easiest method to clean the thread up was to close it\delete it and then restore it when I was done. I appoligize for upsetting some of you, but consider that part of training One must learn to control ones emotions rather than let them lead you

Anyhow, some of the posts do appear to be very insightful and well worth reading. Oh, please watch the language

As always, feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this or any other matter.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    ... I had been getting some complaints regarding some of the posts.
    Whiners. I hate them almost as much as deleters. The only time I ever came close to being banned (or maybe I was temporarily) was when I called someone a b****** and he took offence and dobbed me in .

Oh, please watch the language
    Not my fault the engine lets my posts through (I know the hole in the Matrix). It's good to see it recognises proper English. Arse, arse, arse .
    Last edited by Sihing73; 10-21-2008 at 07:46 AM.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Hello,

It was not HW who deleted the thread, but me. I deleted it, cleaned it up some and have restored it. Please feel free to continue posting but try to keep it on topic. Unfortunately, I do not always have time to go through every post and I had been getting some complaints regarding some of the posts.

The easiest method to clean the thread up was to close it\delete it and then restore it when I was done. I appoligize for upsetting some of you, but consider that part of training One must learn to control ones emotions rather than let them lead you

Anyhow, some of the posts do appear to be very insightful and well worth reading. Oh, please watch the language

As always, feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this or any other matter.
    Thank you for your attention.
    For a while I thought I was going to attract a lot more negative attention than usual from the forum's kickboxers.

Take care!

You know, we can turn this entire forum off

I delete threads on a regular basis. A lot of it you don't see. I often get delete requests that are searched out of the depths of our archives, that haven't been ttt-ed in years. If you are attached to discussion threads, you need to seriously rethink what a web forum is. Remember that old saying "nowhere is it written in stone"? The web is written in 0's and 1's. This whole forum could go in the blink of an eye. Don't be attached.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I delete threads on a regular basis. A lot of it you don't see. I often get delete requests that are searched out of the depths of our archives, that haven't been ttt-ed in years. If you are attached to discussion threads, you need to seriously rethink what a web forum is. Remember that old saying "nowhere is it written in stone"? The web is written in 0's and 1's. This whole forum could go in the blink of an eye. Don't be attached.
    You've been saying that A LOT as of late, Herr General, how come?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Because I struggle to keep this forum going...

...and am often taken to task here having to justify the absurd rantings of y'all.

Can you imagine being at a meeting at your office and someone calls you on something written the forum? "Why do we pay for this? It only generates complaints!" You guys bust a lot of people's balls. Some of those people are our clients. Ever think about that? That being said, the sales produced by the forum aren't always enough to justify the hassle. So there is a contingent here that considers turning off the forum.

There's a certain self-righteousness here, as if forum members have certain rights, that threads can't be deleted because that infringes on their rights. Now I'm a staunch supporter of freedom of speech. After all, I'm a publisher. But funding for the forum could end if the bottom lines aren't met. While I work to defend this forum, if funding where to end, I wouldn't fund it personally.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well I for one hope the forum doesn't go. It's fun popping on here and chatting, whether it's for progressive discussion or just for verbal sparring.

And I admit I engage regularly in both.

Also the forum has helped my martial arts. When I'm having trouble countering a technique or executing a technique advice provided by other forum members has been insturmental in overcoming that obstacle.

And, Gene, please feel free to direct the PTBs to that comment next time they talk about shutting down the forum.

Seriously, if our bouts of mouth boxing has gotten out of hand perhaps some more strident forum rules (or more strident enforcement of the existing rules) would be in order rather than a shut-down. I'm sure you'll find plenty of volunteers for mod status.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

...and am often taken to task here having to justify the absurd rantings of y'all.

Can you imagine being at a meeting at your office and someone calls you on something written the forum? "Why do we pay for this? It only generates complaints!" You guys bust a lot of people's balls. Some of those people are our clients. Ever think about that? That being said, the sales produced by the forum aren't always enough to justify the hassle. So there is a contingent here that considers turning off the forum.

There's a certain self-righteousness here, as if forum members have certain rights, that threads can't be deleted because that infringes on their rights. Now I'm a staunch supporter of freedom of speech. After all, I'm a publisher. But funding for the forum could end if the bottom lines aren't met. While I work to defend this forum, if funding where to end, I wouldn't fund it personally.
    You know what Gene, you are right, absolutely right.
    I for one apologuise to you for causing any headaches.
    I mean, just because someone is an ASS and is being all the is wrong in the MA world, doesn't mean that isn't his right.
    This forum helps a lot but it also hurts a lot when the sad stereotypes are still perpetrated.
    Kung fu has a bit of a "black eye" in the MA comminuity and I know that some people don't care and they are happy in their "ignorance" but there are some that do care...

By the way Gene, have you ever considered a "supporting memeber" dive?
    I mean, have people put their money with their "internet fingers" are?

I agree, there certainly are some really opinionated, aggressive, abusive members on here!

HI GENE
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Everybody knows that Ross is never opinionated about annything. They call him Mr. Indecisive.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Everybody knows that Ross is never opinionated about annything. They call him Mr. Indecisive.
    are you sure about that?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Yes.....

No.....

Well...

Maybe?
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Well I for one hope the forum doesn't go. It's fun popping on here and chatting, whether it's for progressive discussion or just for verbal sparring.

And I admit I engage regularly in both.

Also the forum has helped my martial arts. When I'm having trouble countering a technique or executing a technique advice provided by other forum members has been insturmental in overcoming that obstacle.

And, Gene, please feel free to direct the PTBs to that comment next time they talk about shutting down the forum.

Seriously, if our bouts of mouth boxing has gotten out of hand perhaps some more strident forum rules (or more strident enforcement of the existing rules) would be in order rather than a shut-down. I'm sure you'll find plenty of volunteers for mod status.

Anyone who goes on and on and ignores basic decency and the rules should be forced to look under my kilt and have their eyeballs burst into flame...

Or maybe we can try and nip it in the bud with more mods.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Closing this thread

Hello,

I am closing this thread as it is obvious it has run its course. If you wish to banter on about personalities, etc then please return to the main forum. This forum is for the discussion of Wing Chun and the edification of that art. While some diversion is allowed, the rambling with no purpose is not desired.

Thank you!
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space