Thread: Xarm

Hybrid View

Xarm

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Cross-Arm underground fighting. Its all the rage. I like how they dress like retarded Power Rangers.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    that is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.
    They should hold these at diners.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

i just want to see a ko so i can see the guy hanging by his belt cord from that little ring.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Idiocracy anyone?

wtf, indeed.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    that is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.
    They should hold these at diners.

or at bars.

the bar could employ a brickhead and if you can drop him behind the bar, you get the beer for free.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This looks like a frat boy "sport" that came to fruition after one too many keggers while the Ultimat Figter was on. As you can't circle and dodge while chained to the table, the bear belly is a vital defence mechanism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    dang, where do I sign up?

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

More on XARM

The tournament is today. Anyone got access?
    UFC Creator and RipeTV Launch XARM, First Combat Sport for the Digital Age

Last update: 3:00 p.m. EST Nov. 18, 2008
    LOS ANGELES, Nov 18, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- RipeTV.com, the web's top destination for short-form video entertainment for men 18-34, teams with UFC creator Art Davie to debut an entirely new sport, created for the digital platform: the first-ever XARM Heavyweight Tournament on November 19, 2008.

The XARM tournament, consisting of 10 fighters, combines arm wrestling with contact sports like boxing and martial arts. The first competition takes place in San Bernardino, CA. The winner of the Heavyweight Tournament will earn the title of "XARM Heavyweight Champion" and the top prize of $10,000.

"In XARM, there's nowhere to run and nowhere to hide once you step up to the table. It's hard-core hand-to-hand combat." said Art Davie, CEO of XARM and creator of Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) (UFC). "The action is tremendous. This is the most intense 3 minutes in sports."

"It's action, it's entertaining, it's real," said Ryan Magnussen, CEO of Ripe Digital Entertainment. "We know our audience will love this show and advertisers will benefit from the viewer interest and expected viral pass through."

The fighters in this first-ever tournament come from a variety of fighting backgrounds including mixed-martial arts (MMA), arm wrestling, weightlifting, football and kickboxing. Athletes participating in the XARM Heavyweight Championships are: Bond Laupua, Rick Vardell, Homer Moore, Justin Del Mugnaio, Rick Cheek, Frederick Steen, Ivan Gatoloai, Steve Walston, James Cordrey and Andy Flennoy.

An XARM bout features 3 one-minute rounds with athletes tethered to the XARM table in a belted harness. The combatants' grip hands are strapped together and fighting gloves are worn on their free hands. Punching, striking, kicking, chokeholds, and submission moves are all part of the official XARM rules. The winner of the match is the first athlete to pin his opponent's arm, knock him out or make him submit.

In the event the bout goes the full three minutes and a decision is needed, three XARM-trained judges score the match on a special, "10-point must" system.
    Ripe Digital Entertainment ( www.ripetv.com) will also release XARM match video via VOD (Video On Demand) on Time Warner Cable and Comcast as well as via its mobile partners for view on handheld devices. XARM is optimized for the limited screen size of mobile digital delivery due to the small circumference of the tethered fighting area, bringing viewers as close to the action as they've ever been in combat sports.

About Ripe Digital ( www.ripedigital.com)
    Ripe Digital Entertainment was founded in 2004 as a multi-platform entertainment destination for men and has emerged as a leading digital media Company with distribution to 100 million screens across the Internet, Cable VOD and Mobile video enabled devises. Ripe is exclusively focused on producing, editorializing and monetizing entertaining short-form video programming around men's lifestyle, automotive enthusiasts and music.

About XARM ( www.xarm.com)
    XARM is a new combat sport wholly owned by Piranha Entertainment LLC. Working with Art Davie, the creator of the hugely successful Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) (UFC), Piranha has set plans to develop a live sports league with multiple revenue streams for the domestic and international marketplaces. Based in Seattle with offices in Los Angeles, Piranha Entertainment creates and produces concepts and content for all forms of broadcast media, with a focus on digital platforms.

SOURCE: Ripe Digital Entertainment
    MK - took the liberty of changing your thread title from 'wtf is this' to 'Xarm'. I'm curious now to see where this will go.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

utterly moronic, totally frat, typically american.

there's the advertising for it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.