Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thanks canada!!!

Talking thanks canada!!!

the future never looked brighter!!! http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=57228

don't worry, i won't return fire until fired upon...

I sincerely hope this is fake. I seriously doubt many Canadians would like this.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it's fake.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it's fake.
    yeah and once the earth was pretty sure to have been flat...

yeah and once the earth was pretty sure to have been flat...
    that is a misconception, Myth of the Flat Earth
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

It's not fake, it's true.

There are very close bonds between our two nations.
    The integration of our armed forces has been ongoing since the 50's and our battle group training is all designed around meshing with larger American units.

Infrastructure wise, Canada and the US are probably the tightest 2 countries on the planet and for sure we share the longest unprotected border in the world.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

And, that being said not all of us are too happy about it.

But then I didn't vote for that tool Harper, his actions do not represent me or my interests.

This represents just another tie to a dying behemoth that Canada should be working to disentangle from.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Harper has little if anything to do with these machinations.

This was started by William Lyon McKenzie King and the deal was sealed by Lester B. Pearson and the finishing touches by Deifenbaker. It was a deal that ensured that Canada would not have to spend itself to death on military expenditures and instead it came under the rules of UN peacekeeping forces and as a NATO member, we were not required to have a full spectrum armed forces.

Everyone after Deifenbaker is merely signing off on plans that stem from the end of WW2.

Most, if not the greater majority of both countries have no idea about the ties that bind our countries. That's why you read so many magnificently stupid things about us two on the internet.

If nations were people, Canada and the USA would be blood brothers and England would be our parents with France being the Uncle we always liked, but he drank and smoked too much. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I am painfully aware of the "ties that bind us". And I dislike it. I dislike the united states. I have not particularly enjoyed the time I spent there. Although I know many Americans who are good people I am distrustful of American mass culture and wary of the influence the united states holds.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I am painfully aware of the "ties that bind us". And I dislike it. I dislike the united states. I have not particularly enjoyed the time I spent there.
    What is it about the U.S. that you dislike? Just out of curiosity...
    GOD BLESS THE WORKING STIFF!!!

I can understand people disliking the cultural and political systems of a given country. But in reality, there isn't a whole lot of cultural difference between our two nations.

we all watch the same hollywood movies, have the same lifestyles more or less and live in highly similar circumstances as far as infrastructure goes.

as for people, well, people are people where ever you go and there are a great deal of disparate cultural idioms available in the USA and Canada.

Heck I live in Toronto which is comprised of some 65% recent immigrants! It is the petri dish of multiculturalism in the world!

It's not a melting pot like in the States where everyone is American first, then the heritage has some sort of play, whereas here, it is opposite. The heritage comes first, then the affiliation to Canada. That, I don't care much for, I would prefer that Canadians were Canadian first.

Even I used to do it about my Scottish heritage and I've never even set foot in Scotland. Which is probably a seat of racism/nationalism and misplaced loyalties in a great many peoples of the so called "new world".

anyways, America is a large country with a lot of different cultures within it. Canada, has 3 major cities and a few moderately sized cities and many small towns, but not huge gaps overall culturally due to our smaller population.

all in all, if you were knocked out in a small town in canada and transported to a similar one in america, you wouldn't notice much difference if any at all when you woke up.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    all in all, if you were knocked out in a small town in canada and transported to a similar one in america, you wouldn't notice much difference if any at all when you woke up.
    i dunno, but something tells me the people are more obese here... just shooting from the hip though.

I am painfully aware of the "ties that bind us". And I dislike it. I dislike the united states. I have not particularly enjoyed the time I spent there. Although I know many Americans who are good people I am distrustful of American mass culture and wary of the influence the united states holds.
    Influence is given, not forced. We don't ask anyone to go along with our pop culter, and don't perticularly care if you like it or not. We do. It's ours. Don't like non-Americans following our pop culture? Go rag on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

I didn't say that american pop culture inevitably failed to entertain. I just don't trust it that much. The united states has a very specific agenda in the world and I'm not onboard with manifest destiny... so I look at the cultural exports of the USA as being suspect.
    Simon McNeil

thats because the government created death metal to create enraged super killers to infest the rest of the world with distortion filled vocals and violent slam dancing.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I didn't say that american pop culture inevitably failed to entertain. I just don't trust it that much. The united states has a very specific agenda in the world and I'm not onboard with manifest destiny... so I look at the cultural exports of the USA as being suspect.
    I have to agree to a certain extent. Our banking crisis would have stayed ours if everyone else hadn't jumped on bord the uniquely American idea of buying high risk futures. Not that there aren't other nations with hair-brained investment tools and ideas, but that one was definantly ours. I guess we'll see if nationalizing banks actually sorts sh!t out. I can see the potential to do good things, but the potential for abuses is also there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it