Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenpo-More Chinese than Japanese?

I see... well score one point on the moke slot for deliberately misleading students...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

This is why I have always said that who a person knows or even trains with is irrelevant to the persons skill and understanding of a fighting system, its what they can do.

As I have often stated, wanna know my "lineage" ?
    Step out on to the "mat" and I will show you it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

A newbie primer to CMA terms

Kung Fu = Gong Fu = Gung Fu (all of the above essentially mean "hard work")
    Wu Gong = Martial Arts
    Wu Shu = Martial Arts (not as commonly used in Northern China as Wu Gong)
    Chang Quan = Long Fist
    Nan Quan = Southern Fist
    Taiji = Tai Chi = Taijiquan = Tai Chi Chuan = Tai Chi Quan
    Hsingyi = Xingyi = Hsing-i
    Bagua = Pakua

So, please, if somebody tries to plump their credentials by saying they practiced Kung Fu, Gong Fu, Wu Gong, Wu Shu, Hsing-i, and Xingyi.... remember... the only thing they claimed to do was practice some sort of martial art including Xingyi.

China is a pain in the ass for names.... don't let that trick you.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    yeah, Kung-Fu, Gung-Fu AND Chinese Boxing.

If you would read, just a wee tad. Do a little research. Open a book. Google something.(learn to spell BTW) perhaps you might realize that Kung-Fu, Gung-Fu and Chinese Boxing are simply differen t spellings and names
    FOR THE EXACT SAME THING!
    What this means is that he has absolutely no clue of what he is talking about.
    His story changes each time he tells it, he makes up names, facts, etc
    Either he is a pathological liar, or he thinks you, and the rest of the public are so stupid that you would buy into this bulls*** without ever checking it out.
    oh...actually, that is exactly what you did.
    hmmm.....
    kung fu or gung fu or chinese boxing are the same thing yes, i know that , every one knows that, the only diferance is the way its pronownsed, im sure Fred knew that as well, i think your getting hung up on details on words and letting your imagination run wild, on the contrary i have done much reserch and that is how i know all this that im telling you , i even talked to many of his first students, when he started all this, people that were very close to him, i have talked to him as well to see if the information matches , because Villari said this or that or did not tell the hole story from the begining dose not make it lies, i have made the same mistake before and i too was asked why you did not say this from the begining, so i can see how this would cause a problem, but i cant take just take your interpitation of what Fred Villari said i have to take into account all the information that i have gathered
    and i have plenty of thing to be critical about with Fred, his too comershal for my liking he only cares about money not teachin high quality martial arts, as long as he gets his cut im sure he would never tell his instructors there not qualified to teach, but for him self he is realy good a master

Quote Originally Posted by ktkungfu View Post
    I worked for mattera he is a scumbag! Cheap $astard who only cares about himself!

Didn't GM Villari send charlee threw a wall one time?
    Sparing match I meen.
    I don't know Matteras personality to tell you if he is a good man or scum bag as you say, i do know that he is a very good fighter, and he and Villari had many matches people would come to watch, and they did end there relationship not on the good side, with money conflicts lol

Really? How well do you know him?

He rips off his instructors so he can drive around in his nice cars and let you drive a p.o.s.
    I do know that his the only Villari instructor to drive a Ferari lol

Truly he dose not need to do that

Vallari is a ensiclopedia of kung fu information, that is the last thing he needed to do just to show that he has alot of information to teach, you seem to realy have it our for Villari lol, i will not try to defend him and get in a argument with you or any one, after all his not a fried of mine lol , i just wanted to give some facts that i have recerched about him and his style, i did find our descution very interesting hope we can find another subject to talkd about that wont cause such a stir lol
    kind regards
    james

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmi555 View Post
    I do know that his the only Villari instructor to drive a Ferari lol
    I think Steve Demasco had a Ferarri as well.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

kung fu or gung fu or chinese boxing are the same thing yes, i know that , every one knows that, the only diferance is the way its pronownsed, im sure Fred knew that as well, i think your getting hung up on details on words and letting your imagination run wild, on the contrary i have done much reserch and that is how i know all this that im telling you , i even talked to many of his first students, when he started all this, people that were very close to him, i have talked to him as well to see if the information matches , because Villari said this or that or did not tell the hole story from the begining dose not make it lies, i have made the same mistake before and i too was asked why you did not say this from the begining, so i can see how this would cause a problem, but i cant take just take your interpitation of what Fred Villari said i have to take into account all the information that i have gathered
    and i have plenty of thing to be critical about with Fred, his too comershal for my liking he only cares about money not teachin high quality martial arts, as long as he gets his cut im sure he would never tell his instructors there not qualified to teach, but for him self he is realy good a master
    this is why there are schools like vilarri,ussd,etc
    they fill a need
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Thank you so much, Jimmi555, for your careful scrutiny of my suggestions.
    Simon McNeil

The sweat of his instructors.

I don't know Matteras personality to tell you if he is a good man or scum bag as you say, i do know that he is a very good fighter, and he and Villari had many matches people would come to watch, and they did end there relationship not on the good side, with money conflicts lol
    Yeah they didn't really talk about GM FRED VILLARI. Hide where they come from but teach his art.

The sweat of his instructors.
    I don't think that is true, at least not when I was with them. I felt I got good money and bonuses, and Demasco, being district manager over several schools, got a piece of each. Not a big enough piece that denied me of my share. Nothing wrong with profit sharing.
    But also bear in mind that I was a paid instructor, and not a school owner. Obviously, as a separate entity, I get the entire net profits.
    He and I didn't click, which is okay. You're not going to be best friends with everybody you meet. Chemistry is chemistry.
    I would've liked to have seen more quality control, and I am sure that Demasco, after all these years has gotten the bugs out of the system when it comes to that. You don't go on this long making the same mistakes.

I just don't understand why some of you cannot let go.

"Holding a grudge is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die."
    Trust me, you are holding all this hostility, and he probably doesn't even remember your name.
    let it go.
    move on with your life.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

did not know of him

I olny know the original 5 Villari instructors,and only one of them personaly so i would not know that about Steve Demasco

Villaris sons lol

The ones i know Villari trained well were, Steave Bagly, Art Singer, Petter Shean,Charley Matera,and Steve Bucannon, i only know Mr.Bucannon in person and personaly have seen him teaching and as a fighter for years, he was the best i ever saw in hard style