Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the kung fu of clothing.

Talking the kung fu of clothing.

clothes, we all where them in public... you'd think. what we wear in our everyday routines is a manifestation of our inner qualities, or self; a physical representation of our core beliefs and ideals. do we wear clothing which is mass marketted such as from the likes of fashion stores, are they second hand, or hand-made? do we wear different apparel coresponding to any given event or activity? is our clothing choice due to function, flamboyance, or both? do you take into account color choices based on the energies attributed to certain colors? do you like many pockets or no pockets? loose or tight fitting?

here i give an example of the messege being relayed here... my winter wardrobe consists of sweat pants under BDU's, the added padding also allows for a greater protection during physical confrontations in the winter(colder months), i tend to wear two wool sweaters at any given time, these too serve as extra(and excellent) padding for elbow strikes and forewarm blocking-striking techniques, aside from the supreme qualities of wool as a warm and breathable insulation; double folding the sleev es also greatly increases wrist padding. my shoes are low-cut hiking shoes, built for the trail, yet fit and feel like any other casual shoe. my color choices tend towards the earth tones which allows one to disappear into the surroundings better if such a need arises... wool hats and beanies serve as an enhancement to head strike techniques, aswell as offering minimal head protection(which is better than none).

so has anyone give some time and energy to what they are wearing?

I wear what I can afford and it needs to suit the environment I am in.

period.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ever since I was around seven, my favorite color has been black. To this day, my wardrobe consists of black jeans,black bdu's,black slacks, black shirts, mostly t's, and black shoes, boots, sneakers. I only have black gold-toe socks. I only do a dark wash. I look at my closet and say,"Hmmm, now what goes with black? ........Black!"
    It's easy.
    It is probably one of the deciding factors that led me to Gung-Fu. Black uniforms. When I trained in kenpo before that-we wore black gi's.

I like things simple.When I was a Mgr. and personal trainer at Jack LaLannes and Bally's, all I wore were trainers, a white polo shirt, and white sneakers.
    Never once, did I have to think, "Hmmm, what should I wear today?"
    Now I teach Gung-Fu, and all I wear is my uniform. Simple.

That being said, I still lean towards the flamboyant. My hair is long, I like necklaces, bracelets, rings,scarves, I wear snakeskin boots (black, of course) silk chinese vests, leather-vests, jackets, pants, (I'm a biker, but that's really no excuse. I just like it),and I am usually never without a cool set of cheap sunglasses. "Ya gotta know how to accessorize!"
    I guess that comes from my education at art school, and being in rock bands my whole life, I'm still a "Rockstar"-well, a legend in my own mind.
    I'll probably be the Keith Richards of Gung-Fu-minus the drug-induced walking death.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

technically speaking, black is not a colour.

in pigmentation, it is the totality of colour and in light it is the absence of colour.

and white, is the reverse of this.

Lessons from art school you can use!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    technically speaking, black is not a colour.

in pigmentation, it is the totality of colour and in light it is the absence of colour.

and white, is the reverse of this.

Lessons from art school you can use!
    i was under the impression that black is the result of all colors being combined physically and white is result of all color frequencies in a single beam of light...

if black is the totality of all color, than it is color itself, yet color cannot manifest without light, so it is color and yet not color. true black, in the absence of light is true void, being everything and nothing.
    The black that can be described, is not the true black.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    The black that can be described, is not the true black.
    nice...........

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i was under the impression that black is the result of all colors being combined physically and white is result of all color frequencies in a single beam of light...
    funny thing is, if you combine all the primary colors, from which all other varients are formed, you get brown.
    Brown is the New Black!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

funny thing is, if you combine all the primary colors, from which all other varients are formed, you get brown.
    which is precisely why i mentioned mixing all the colors to get black... you wouldn't get white light if you combined only the primary spectrum colors, you need all the frequencies to get white light.
    Brown is the New Black!
    obviously if it can be explained and described, it must not be true black.

Brown is the New Black!
    that is as far as pigmented paint is concerned. I am not sure what would happen with colors of light. Again, how can you combine colors of light, and get black, which is devoid of light?
    Then again, there are frequencies of light and sound that are beyond our perception, so who knows what lies beyond ultraviolet and infrared? Who knows what sounds are beyond what our occiloscopes record?
    Perhaps the voices in my head are not my imagination. Perhaps I am tapping into something that only the few of us can hear and experience. Of these few, how many are shut away from society in institutions, built by the government, who don't want you to know that the government and aliens are attacking your minds through ultra and subsonic frequencies emmitted through your TV sets and microwave ovens. Direct TV is beamed not from our satellites, but through them from the star cluster known as pliedes, the seven sisters, which is a code for the seven unifying planets of the galaxy, bent on controlling all intelligent life. All the so-called weather satellites,and defense satellites, as well as GPS, Onstar, etc are all linked and connected to artificial intelligence, which was taught to us when the aliens landed in Area 51. None of them died. They are still here and are creating skynet. They are also combining their alien robot artificial intelligence with our dna and creating walking mindless automatons, known as democrats.
    Obama is one such example. he is neither black, nor white, judeo-christian,nor muslim, yet he is all of them combined. He is one of the first leaders made iup of combined dna, placed on this planet to control the Earth.
    Your only hope is to vote for Howard Stern.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

your insight is profound indeed...

im a black - guy myself.

funny how so many martial artists tend to favor Alt. fashion styles.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    im a black - guy myself.
    black or brown? remember the black that can be called black is not truly black.
    funny how so many martial artists tend to favor Alt. fashion styles.
    martial artists are a notch up on the evolutionary ladder of humankind...

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    black or brown? remember the black that can be called black is not truly black.
    martial artists are a notch up on the evolutionary ladder of humankind...
    Black - I like it pitch black. Once it starts fading I like to replace it.

I also like the military look, so I wear allot of cargo pants.

my wife and I get (or rather used to) allot of our clothes from here http://www.x-tra-x.de/english/index-2.html
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Believe it or not, THIS is the reason I have always loved to wear black. T.H.E. Cat , a highwire arielist, turned cat burgler, turned bodyguard,was my hero, and my friends and I used to climb on the elementary school building at night dressed in black, with ropes. My dad always wondered why I wanted his last season's nylon boat lines! This is way before anyone even heard of Ninjas.
    T.H.E. Cat and Kato were my gods.
    Lalo Shifrin, the guy who did the music for Enter the Dragon also did the musi score.
    (I can't believe I found this...I'm gonna go out and buy a grappling hook...)
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xFPU1GIGrZY

most of you are too young to remember, but I'll bet Steeve knows.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.