Thread: the kung fu of clothing.

Hybrid View

Talking the kung fu of clothing.

clothes, we all where them in public... you'd think. what we wear in our everyday routines is a manifestation of our inner qualities, or self; a physical representation of our core beliefs and ideals. do we wear clothing which is mass marketted such as from the likes of fashion stores, are they second hand, or hand-made? do we wear different apparel coresponding to any given event or activity? is our clothing choice due to function, flamboyance, or both? do you take into account color choices based on the energies attributed to certain colors? do you like many pockets or no pockets? loose or tight fitting?

here i give an example of the messege being relayed here... my winter wardrobe consists of sweat pants under BDU's, the added padding also allows for a greater protection during physical confrontations in the winter(colder months), i tend to wear two wool sweaters at any given time, these too serve as extra(and excellent) padding for elbow strikes and forewarm blocking-striking techniques, aside from the supreme qualities of wool as a warm and breathable insulation; double folding the sleev es also greatly increases wrist padding. my shoes are low-cut hiking shoes, built for the trail, yet fit and feel like any other casual shoe. my color choices tend towards the earth tones which allows one to disappear into the surroundings better if such a need arises... wool hats and beanies serve as an enhancement to head strike techniques, aswell as offering minimal head protection(which is better than none).

so has anyone give some time and energy to what they are wearing?

I wear what I can afford and it needs to suit the environment I am in.

period.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ever since I was around seven, my favorite color has been black. To this day, my wardrobe consists of black jeans,black bdu's,black slacks, black shirts, mostly t's, and black shoes, boots, sneakers. I only have black gold-toe socks. I only do a dark wash. I look at my closet and say,"Hmmm, now what goes with black? ........Black!"
    It's easy.
    It is probably one of the deciding factors that led me to Gung-Fu. Black uniforms. When I trained in kenpo before that-we wore black gi's.

I like things simple.When I was a Mgr. and personal trainer at Jack LaLannes and Bally's, all I wore were trainers, a white polo shirt, and white sneakers.
    Never once, did I have to think, "Hmmm, what should I wear today?"
    Now I teach Gung-Fu, and all I wear is my uniform. Simple.

That being said, I still lean towards the flamboyant. My hair is long, I like necklaces, bracelets, rings,scarves, I wear snakeskin boots (black, of course) silk chinese vests, leather-vests, jackets, pants, (I'm a biker, but that's really no excuse. I just like it),and I am usually never without a cool set of cheap sunglasses. "Ya gotta know how to accessorize!"
    I guess that comes from my education at art school, and being in rock bands my whole life, I'm still a "Rockstar"-well, a legend in my own mind.
    I'll probably be the Keith Richards of Gung-Fu-minus the drug-induced walking death.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

technically speaking, black is not a colour.

in pigmentation, it is the totality of colour and in light it is the absence of colour.

and white, is the reverse of this.

Lessons from art school you can use!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

in pigmentation, it is the totality of colour and in light it is the absence of colour.

i was under the impression that black is the result of all colors being combined physically and white is result of all color frequencies in a single beam of light...

if black is the totality of all color, than it is color itself, yet color cannot manifest without light, so it is color and yet not color. true black, in the absence of light is true void, being everything and nothing.
    The black that can be described, is not the true black.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i was under the impression that black is the result of all colors being combined physically and white is result of all color frequencies in a single beam of light...
    funny thing is, if you combine all the primary colors, from which all other varients are formed, you get brown.
    Brown is the New Black!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Black and white are both the absence of color. There are only 3 true colors in the spectrum. That is red, or magenta, Blue, or cyan, and yellow. All the colors of the spectrum, amounting to probably millions, are a mix of these 3 colors. When printing in color, white background will give a lighter color or shade, and black will add shadow, making it appear darker. I spent over 35 years mixing and matching ink colors. I can detect even the very slightest difference in color shade.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Black and white are both the absence of color. There are only 3 true colors in the spectrum. That is red, or magenta, Blue, or cyan, and yellow. All the colors of the spectrum, amounting to probably millions, are a mix of these 3 colors. When printing in color, white background will give a lighter color or shade, and black will add shadow, making it appear darker. I spent over 35 years mixing and matching ink colors. I can detect even the very slightest difference in color shade.
    35 years and you are not aware that I am speaking of the difference between white light and white pigmentation?

My fellow KFM-er

CMYK are used in print. Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black

So, while you understand 4 color process and offset printing, I am going to have to say that you don't truly understand colour theory.

Why? Because what I am saying is the correct and what you are saying is related to 4 colour process printing only. It doesn't relate to light spectrum colour and how that is opposed to pigment spectrum colour.

No offense taken though.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

cold weather clothing...

today there was a winter rain and slush storm... wool is warm.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    a physical representation of our core beliefs and ideals.
    i wear my old blue jeans, indoor soccer shoes same stuff i train in if im not barefoot, blank black t-shirt, year round. what does that say about me, that im boring?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.