Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the kung fu of clothing.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Phantom Agents!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSJJu...eature=related
    these guys were also one of my faves, way before anyone in US knew what Ninjas were. I used to take a can opener, and cut shuriken out of soda can tops-before they were aluminum., and jump out of trees.

ok, so I was a wierd little kid.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 10-25-2008 at 10:35 PM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ok, so I was a wierd little kid.
    apparently it wasn't just a faze...

um..ya think?
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

my main prioriity with clothing is could i fight if i had to in it?? i ususally wear some sort of tee or hoody(chicago weather) a pair of slickies (nylon athletic pants) and a good ol pair of feiyues fo mobility, and that usually leaves me with plenty of options for style, color,and fashion.

hoodies are great to pull over someone's head. Baggy pants and tops give me something to grab. Why do you think that most top fighters wear no-Gi, skin tight rash guards snd shorts, and sport shaved heads and crew cuts? You might want to rethink that.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Talking

hoodies are great to pull over someone's head. Baggy pants and tops give me something to grab. Why do you think that most top fighters wear no-Gi, skin tight rash guards snd shorts, and sport shaved heads and crew cuts? You might want to rethink that.
    so you are tellin me that a full winter coat is gonna be easier to fight in than a hoody, and i should go out in skin tight jeans instead of athletic pants, i think i ll stick with what i said earlier. you can grab me all you want but trust me thats the last thing you want and 9/10 you not fighting another martial artist in the street and if you wanna be that close to me in grappling range thats fine too

Quote Originally Posted by irontiger1981 View Post
    so you are tellin me that a full winter coat is gonna be easier to fight in than a hoody, and i should go out in skin tight jeans instead of athletic pants, i think i ll stick with what i said earlier. you can grab me all you want but trust me thats the last thing you want and 9/10 you not fighting another martial artist in the street and if you wanna be that close to me in grappling range thats fine too
    granted the hoody to pull over the head is partly true. i actually seen someone knocked out focusing on pulling someones shirt up when the person with the shirt was swinging ferociously and broke the kids nose and jaw in gym class back in high school.

no, not skin tight jeans. Those things the guys you see riding their bicycles in the park wear. Y'know, those..um, leotards.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

no, not skin tight jeans. Those things the guys you see riding their bicycles in the park wear. Y'know, those..um, leotards.
    lmao dude you live in new york i live in chicago i cant wear that **** out in public and neither should you for bulge sake

bulge? What bulge? I'm jewish!

You couldn't get me to wear that thing. It's freakin ghey. I see these guys wearing them while biking, or running, or those bike shorts, which are the same thing but shorts, and although I understand the concept, save it for the olympic atheletes. And what's worse, they get off their bikes and come into the deli or diner. It's waay too pretentious. (pretentious? Hey wuznt I the guy who wears snakeskin boots? Yep-double standard applies)
    I grew up riding a bike, and the closest thing to "riding apparel" was a bicycle clip, and if you didn't have one,a rubberband did the trick as well.

But you're right, if you wanna test your Martial arts skilz, just show up wearin that leotard thing in the wrong part of town.

I can just imagine a guy surrounded by bikers in a bar, wondering what went wrong. The sign outside said,"Biker Friendly"
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

dude your funny!!!!!

dude your funny!!!!!
    he was a weird kid that grew up into an even weirder adult... must be something about him being jewish.

cold weather clothing...

today there was a winter rain and slush storm... wool is warm.

bulge? What bulge? I'm jewish!
    That could have been an "accident" because your folks decided to try saving a few dollars.
    They probably hadn't heard the rumor that "discount moyels" will "do the job"
    for minimum wage "plus tips".....

hear about the Moyel who specialized in circumcizing elephants?
    Not much pay, but the tips were big!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.