Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ne1 ever picked up techniques from their pets.

ne1 ever picked up techniques from their pets.

we now have 3 dogs and a cat but we also used to have ferrets. ironically we study chinese dog boxing as a grappling system at our school. but ferrets are some warriors of the animal kingdom they are related to the badger,wolverine, skunk,mongoose, family called mustelids, after watching these guys for a few years you can be inspired its like they know kung fu already. they are very playful but they play rough i have a 40 lb dog that was afraid to play with them, their speed , agility ,and cunning make them perfect to study. has ne1 else been inspired by the animal kingdom in their own home with pets?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?

i've never lost to my dog
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I have not been able to master licking my balls but I'm pretty good at rubbing my butt on the carpet

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Akronviper View Post
    I have not been able to master licking my balls but I'm pretty good at rubbing my butt on the carpet
    hey i understand that takes great flexibility unless your hung like a missouri mule which i am thats me on the cover of tool album aenema

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    my dog taught me Cup-Choy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-jWRnQXs-Q
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

cmon, anybody on this one??????

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Miles View Post
    I kept pet mantises for 5 years. Some of my observations were recently published in "Getting ahead in Mantis" found in this months issue of Kungfumagazine.
    cool thanx!! ill be awaiting its appearence

i used to have two goats, i used to watch them run up and down my flight of deck stairs like frigg'in cats playing tag, their agility is absolutely amazing. i also paid attention to how they sink the head into their shoulders for stability right before they crack you with their headbutts. i used to play push with the male goat... it was pretty fun, you can even punch them in the forehead and it doesn't fazed them. their horns are dangerous, especcially to small children... a goats method of playing and attention seeking can get you impaled or worse... personally though, i like to imitate the celestial heavens and all the wonders of the cosmos, comets, asteroids, solar winds, solarflares, planetary orbit trajectories, colliding planets, blackholes... transcends the whole animal style thingy...

no

Yellow labs aren't known for their human-mapping combat techniques. Nor are turtles... though turtles do look neat when they scrap.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Well...my havanese is pretty good at the "death by licking" techniques. And although I've personally witnessed this type of attack on my "allergic-to-dog-saliva" husband... hives, not death, was the result.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

If I had neutral buoyancy, claws roughly as long as my head, no opposable thumbs, webbed feet and a shell to retract into I could get some awesome techniques from my brother's turtles...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Yellow Nor are turtles... though turtles do look neat when they scrap.
    i have heard of giant alligator snappers in the deep south that can take an average hand off at the wrist... nice gripping techniques to mimic. patience, endurance, stamina... my brother is a certified scuba diver in maui where a common thrill practice is to grab the back of a 7 foot sea turtle and hitch a ride... don't mess with the turtles, they'll out live most species... i have also heard of turtle breathing techniques... seems like your understanding of the lessons to be learned from the turtle is rather limited.

No, I just tend to look at a cigar and see... a cigar and not some magical hippy spiritual cigar entity.

Likewise a turtle's bite, ability to hold it's breath and longevity are a result of it's genetics.

Genetics is not a learnable trait.

Thus my previous comments vis a vis the physical characteristics of a turtle.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Genetics is not a learnable trait.
    but reactivating them is.

Did you, you know, go to school... at all...

I mean, you ARE functionally literate but still...
    Simon McNeil