Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: crunching numbers.

I've worked in concrete before, good tiring work.

Not as effective as Benching, Deading, and Squatting.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    I've worked in concrete before, good tiring work.
    perhaps you were just not phyiscally cut out for it since it doesn't seem to tire me out... perhaps your attitude towards the job was off; did you embrace the day for the dollar or the physical workout? remember: mind is the path.
    Not as effective as Benching, Deading, and Squatting.
    not as effective for what? no offense, but a mason will have a heavier punch than most folks... physical lab or such as metalworking and masonry provides a well-balanced workout if one is in the proper mindset; for it works the entire body at once instead of dumbed down isolation methods that only increase ones boob, bicep, and buttock size to impress the unfortunate ladies that fall victim to this line of mentality...

the best pours are the crawlspaces where one has to push within the parameters of a lower liang yi stepping methods, without the fists of course... and then there is the pours where we wheel over wire, this is excellent chicken stepping practice while pushing a 500lb wheelbarrow around without tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    perhaps you were just not phyiscally cut out for it since it doesn't seem to tire me out... perhaps your attitude towards the job was off; did you embrace the day for the dollar or the physical workout? remember: mind is the path.
    not as effective for what? no offense, but a mason will have a heavier punch than most folks... physical lab or such as metalworking and masonry provides a well-balanced workout if one is in the proper mindset; for it works the entire body at once instead of dumbed down isolation methods that only increase ones boob, bicep, and buttock size to impress the unfortunate ladies that fall victim to this line of mentality...

the best pours are the crawlspaces where one has to push within the parameters of a lower liang yi stepping methods, without the fists of course... and then there is the pours where we wheel over wire, this is excellent chicken stepping practice while pushing a 500lb wheelbarrow around without tripping.
    Anyone that involves themselves in a heavy physicla activity will be stronger than "most folks".
    What is your point?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The point Uki is that

Being strong =/= knowing how to fight.

Knowing how to fight = being strong (Because a person who technically knows how to throw a punch but can't back it doesn't know how to fight)

But without training all a person is... is strong.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    The point Uki is that

Being strong =/= knowing how to fight.

Knowing how to fight = being strong (Because a person who technically knows how to throw a punch but can't back it doesn't know how to fight)

But without training all a person is... is strong.
    and you have the gall to ask if i finished school...

A question you rather tellingly never answered.

In cases such as that I default to the null hypothesis. (IE: that you did not)
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

I can take any labourer that can haul serious weight all day and have him puking his lungs out on the heavy bag or have him be out punched by a few 130lbs girls I know, I know this because I have done it and seen it done.
    I can take a world class power lifter and he won't make it through the day doing what many labours do.
    I can also take the strongest labourer you can find and he won't even qualify in an amateur strength event.
    And it all means ZERO.
    Specificity rules.

You speak truth.
    Simon McNeil

i learned to breakfall from skateboarding

is this of relevance? probably not.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i learned to breakfall from skateboarding
    ollie-onefooters are kicks...
    is this of relevance? probably not.
    everything is relevant... imagine crunching the numbers to how many ollie kickflips you have done and what the energy ratio would be when viewed as a workout.

well i can tell you that i went into kungfu with better balance than a lot of 'advanced' students had.

i can also run full speed and dive at concrete no problem.

i do think that the un expected crashes, and ubrupt dumps you take in skating for years does increase your reaction time to adjust for imbalances.

other than being thrown or tripped/sweeped, I havent fallen down in years, oh ive lost my balance, but ive always caught myself.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    well i can tell you that i went into kungfu with better balance than a lot of 'advanced' students had.

i can also run full speed and dive at concrete no problem.

i do think that the un expected crashes, and ubrupt dumps you take in skating for years does increase your reaction time to adjust for imbalances.

other than being thrown or tripped/sweeped, I havent fallen down in years, oh ive lost my balance, but ive always caught myself.
    I bet you can fight on a skateboard better than I, I don't know how to ride one !

lol, maybe. i stopped skating years ago.

but i would be down for a good ol skateboard jousting if your interested.

And I bet Ray Pina could rawk us all on a surf board based battle platform. But most fights don't happen in such scenarios.
    Simon McNeil

i cant tell you how many times ive gotten into raging battles on the back of my bike.

i just bust a wheelie and rub their faces off with the front tire. like in pet cemetery 2