Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I thought there was an age limit for firearm use in the US, no?
    No, there isn't. There are certain laws governing the supervision of a child while they use a weapon, but nothing that absolutely bans a child from using one with supervision. This child did have the minumum supervision by law. And now he's dead.

Not that I don't agree that parents should have the right to introduce thier children to fire arms in the maner of thier chosing, but if kids are getting killed, then there needs to be a bit more regulation. Full auto weapons have no place in civilian society and absolutly no place in the hands of a child.

Since 99.9999999% of the respopnsable parents wouldn't let thier 8-year-old touch an assault rifle in the first place, making a minumum age for the handling of assault rifles will only crimp they style of those too foolish to protect thier children without Uncle Sam hovering over thier sholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "you'll get my marshalls when you can pry them
    from my cold,dead hands!"
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    "you'll get my marshalls when you can pry them
    from my cold,dead hands!"
    I wonder if anyone did that to Heston in the end...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

IF that's a response to my comments please use your words. I can't access youtube from work.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

nope, it's just something I found that I thought was relevant to the discussion.

pretty shocking, don't you agree?
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Since I have absolutely no clue what those youtube links lead to my answer is one of the neutrality of the honestly ignorant. I can not be shocked by a link I have not followed.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Since I have absolutely no clue what those youtube links lead to my answer is one of the neutrality of the honestly ignorant. I can not be shocked by a link I have not followed.
    Its a 3,9 and 4 year old shooting automatic weapons.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

head
    desk
    Simon McNeil

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i think im one of the few people who think all hunting should be done with a bow or a spear.

unless of course our ancestors were far superior to us....they did it for thousands of years.....something someone said one time bout how we are supposed to be superior....cept we need guns to kill a deer......

I know a few hunters who only use bows, and I commend them.
    i agree, or even better yet: only hunt w/ your hands and feet...course, we'd be overrun w/ deer now that we've killed all the wolves out...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

Since 99.9999999% of the respopnsable parents wouldn't let thier 8-year-old touch an assault rifle in the first place, making a minumum age for the handling of assault rifles will only crimp they style of those too foolish to protect thier children without Uncle Sam hovering over thier sholder.
    xactly the point of my title and first post
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

RULE #1: If you can't squeeze the trigger w/ one finger you are too small to handle the weapon.

on the other had, in the 1st and 3rd clip (Uzi and AK) there was control of the weapon by the adult.

clip 2: stoopid ***** was technically in FRONT of the shooter...been sorta funny if she had been capped.

but still, I do think all those kids were too young to be handling guns period.

Reiteration: 8 can be a good age for the basics.
    Last edited by Oso; 10-28-2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Its a 3,9 and 4 year old shooting automatic weapons.
    umm, wasn't the Uzi the only 'auto'?

if the 9mm AR was full auto, it was on single shot mode.

I couldn't really tell about the AK but I don't think it went full auto either.

FTR, today I took the morning off to:

#1 Change DL since I've moved
    #2 Register my change of address with county officials in compliance with my concealed cary permit
    #3 Vote early

8 or 9 sounds like a good age to start, primarily from the perspective that, IMPO, if you are going to handle a firearm, you should have the emotional maturity to understand the consequences of what its use can do, namely, kill something; watching the 3 and 4 y/o shoot, they really were just passively involved; I got the feeling that it was more for the parents entertainment than the kids education: first kid wanted to quit after one volley - clearly he had no investment in what he was doing; AK-47 kid also seemed to be just going along for the ride as well - so not only was the psychological piece absent, the motor-learning aspect was minimal to non-existent (trust me, you are not instilling anything for future reference); now the 9 y/o was different - he was actually learning, engaging in an activity involving sustained skill building under feedback conditions - he "understood" what he was doing, and was therefore being afforded the level of respect concomitant to that understanding by the instructor; also, the setting for the 3 & 4 y/o seemed very informal - I mean, mr. Ak-47 was just wandering around out of his dad's field of vision while daddy was doing his militia" gig - that seems a bit risky (4 y/o's do tend to "bolt" in unpredictable directions for no reason...); again, the 9 y/o was in the proper venue...

BTW, the other thing to consider is physically where a kid is at - the difference between a coordinated 9 y/o and a spastic 8 y/o is enormous; but personally, I wouldn't be inclined to give a fully auto weapon to someone that young - I mean, even that 9 y/o, who seemed relatively skilled, looked like he was moving around a fair amount and seemed to be working pretty hard to keep the weapon aligned...

question - if you are worried about recoil / kickback where the weapon flies upward, why are the adults holding the weapons from underneath? is it because the top of the barrel gets too hot? (use gloves?); I would just think that if the weapon was going to "get loose", you'd want to ground it, and that would be easier from the top - please explain the error in my logic...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 10-28-2008 at 06:31 PM.