Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is this something, or nothing?

pm me please.
    The most decisive actions in our life...are most often unconsidered actions

^ You've had a PM for a while

The wave feeling happened again the other day, and when I was done my hands were freezing again. The feeling persisted for a few minutes after I had finished my 15 minutes.

Weird.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

So I met with the qigong guy today. He said my form looked good. He said perhaps starting at 15 minutes a day was too much and that's why I was feeling weird. He suggested I start with 1/2 or 1/3 of that and work my way up over time.

What does the qigong forum think?

After reading this thread, I felt compelled to find this fellows webpage. Giving it a look over, the first stance seemed quite basic and easy to understand. So I figured I'd give it a try and see what happens. I thought for sure I wouldn't last anywhere close to 15 minues with my knees bent, since back when I practiced KungFu all I could do was a few minutes in the horsestance. Anyways, after about 5 minutes I almost stopped, not due to lack of physical stamina, but because in my mind, all of a sudden I figured I'd done enough. The mind's an untame creature sometimes. After bringing my mind back I found that the next 5 minutes breezed by with a quiet calmness, but sometime around then my legs started to shake. The last 5 minutes they were shaking uncontrollably, not violently, but spontaneously shaking nonetheless. After the full 15 minutes I stood up out of the stance and just standing there, the shaking continued. Even walking for the first few steps was quite interesting. I've never felt that way before, closest being full out squats at the gym. I didn't notice much with my upper body except that my forearms and hands were warm, actually my body was comfortably warm all over.

Anyways, thought I'd share.

SevenHands...

How high was your horse stance? I do such a high horse stance that I don't think my leg shaking has anything to do with fatigued leg muscles.

A horse stance is with your feet parallel, but quite wide (a few feet apart) if I'm not mistaken. The first stance that this fellow describes is with feet parallel, but about shoulder width apart, which is how I positioned my feet. My knees weren't bent much at all, probably about 15 degrees or less. Even though I was in a shallow stance, the muscles in my legs were definately "worked". Walking down stairs for the evening after that felt much like after a good few sets of squats at the gym. I tried the same stance for about 15 minutes a couple of days after the first time and got the same vibrations, albeit a little less. I figure the body would adapt to this static muscle contraction over time and it would take either longer, or a deeper stance to cause the same vibrations. I can't say as anything strange happed with my upper body the second time, except my shoulders becoming tired, and then after a couple of more minutes, the tiredness subsiding to a comfortableness, relatively speaking of course.