Thread: Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine

Talking Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine

when will the next issue be coming out? are there are any previews on what the new issue will have in it? this magazine is one that I can honestly say that I can't wait until the next issue comes out, thanks.

You aren't alone there brother. This is consistently my favorite magazine. I await KFM much more than the other publications that I sometimes buy.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Thanks for the props guys

Our next issue hits the newsstands December 4th, 2008. If you want a preview, check out the cover story on our current issue. That's all I'll say for now...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

are there any plans to make the magazine a monthly publication?

We were monthly for 2000...

...frankly, the newsstand cannot support a strictly-Chinese-based martial arts magazine that's monthly at this time. It's having a difficult time supporting any martial arts mag right now that's not MMA, and even those are struggling.

Magazine publishing is a troubled industry. Did you see what happened to Rolling Stone this month? They're now standard size, a cutback from their oversize, which has been their signature for decades. And they're a leviathan in the mag industry. Martial arts mags are small fish by comparison. Actually, we're more like krill.

Instead of trying to keep a monthly mag going, TC Media International, which produces Kung Fu Tai Chi, moved focus to the e-zine/ That's the most fascinating platform for publishing now. We try to update with a new exclusive story every other week or so. Check out our archive. We're also publishing our cover stories, and the occasional unabridged story, like A Lifetime Dedicated to Martial Traditions: An Interview with Professor Ma Mingda by William Acevedo, M.Eng., Mei Cheung, B.A., and Brenda Hood, Ph.D. which is twice as long as the version that appeared in print. Our department has also taken over publication of Claw Marks, an industry newsletter for Tiger Claw. And of course, we still produce DVDs. In fact, we might have a surprise coming for y'all early next year with that.

Thanks again for your support guys. I really do appreciate it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i actually like the ezine

cause it can be constanly updated as opposed to waiting every month. as for the magazine business unless your talking about lindsey lohan being raped by a thousand cats or something equally rediculous about these psuedo actors and celebs people don't pick it up.

Less & less Paper publishing

Christian Science Monitor Goes Online-Only
    The 100-year-old newspaper will offer a weekly magazine and digital daily bulletins.
    In the first of what could be a series of print newspaper closings, the Christian Science Monitor has announced the end of its daily print format and its switch to a Web-based publication. Starting April 2009, the 100-year-old news organization will no longer publish daily physical newspapers and will focus its content on the Internet. It will, however, publish a weekly print magazine.
    Just to illustrate how difficult it is to keep the presses rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Our next issue hits the newsstands December 4th, 2008. If you want a preview, check out the cover story on our current issue. That's all I'll say for now...
    WOOHOOOO almost here!!!
    Forget about Yesterday, Live for Today and Pray for Tomorrow
    www.Weaponsathand.com