Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Dragon remake?

What Ever happened to the "Last Dragon" Sequel?

Did it ever get filmed?

I am the Shogun of Harlem!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I eated it.

very sorry.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Free Bruce Leroy!!

Never even knew a sequel was in the works.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I had heard here about a year ago that a second movie was in the works. I seem to remember the guy who played Leroy was either posting here, or someone who knew him was posting here about the second movie.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

no

it never got filmed in fact tai mak just shot a trailer for a film he wants to turn into a featre i forgot the name but he was talking about it on myspace.

There was an audition....

Greetings,

There was an audition for The Last Dragon II that took place in Harlem many years ago. The shock was that a serious flock of no name Brothers swooped down and demonstrated MADD SKILLZ. They had people in the audience going wild. My sister was there with my 2 neices, who wanted to be in the movie. When my sister told me about the event she was totally wide eyed and did not blink once.

doug maverick, check your circles. Certainly there is someone besides myself who knows about this. Oh yeah, Taimak was there, too.

Just a small share.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 08-18-2008 at 07:56 AM.

yeah i heard about that when it was going down. butr i do know that the film is totally not happening. tai like the rest of the world is a myspace adict and checks his messages daily so maybe i should ask him but he probably gets that queston alot.

ShoNuff

The Actor Julius Carey III-who created the iconic "Sho nuff" died of Pancreatic Cancer last night-

If you have seen "The Last Dragon" then you know what an impact this character-and this man-made on us--

May he rest in peace!!!

Yep, Aug.19, 2008. He as 56
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--N1Q8D6dqE
    May he rest in peace!!!
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Last Dragon remake?

Mace as Sho'Nuff. I could see that.
    Samuel L. Jackson riding "Last Dragon" remake
    Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:59am GMT
    By Leslie Simmons

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Samuel L. Jackson is taking on another heavy role.

Having most recently played a dirty cop in "Lakeview Terrace," Jackson is set to star as a bad guy again in a remake of Motown Records founder Berry Gordy's 1985 cult classic "The Last Dragon."

Jackson will play Sho'Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem, a role played in the original by the late Julius Carry, whose spiel included asking ego-driven questions like "Am I the baddest mofo lowdown around this town?" Each time his gang of thugs answered, "Sho'Nuff!"

Columbia Pictures' updated plot will be along the same lines of the original, centring on young martial arts student Leroy Green in his quest through the streets of New York to achieve the highest level of martial arts accomplishment, known as the Last Dragon. Those who achieve the high ranking possess the Glow, making them the greatest fighter alive.

The original, which also starred one-namers Taimak and then-Prince protegee Vanity, was released in March 1985 by TriStar Pictures and received lukewarm reviews. Roger Ebert said it was a "great near-miss."

"Last Dragon" managed to do well at the box office, grossing nearly $26 million. It soon became a cult classic for scenes like Bruce Lee follower Green remaining so loyal to the martial arts star that he eats his popcorn in a movie theatre with chopsticks.

"I'm a huge fan of the original and look forward to bringing Sho'Nuff into the 21st century," said Jackson, who returns to theatres soon alongside the late Bernie Mac in "Soul Men."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    Here's our Last Dragon thread (the original), for archival sake.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

interesting

In my opinion...the 80's cheese flavour is what made the movie appealing.

What can they do with it now I wonder?

yeah don't know how that would work in this day and age, that was a long time ago. wondeer if they are gonna use taimak who actually still looks the same, even thou he's over forty. and is still just as ripped as he was then.

IGN's take

http://movies.ign.com/articles/925/925584p1.html

Can't wait- Jackson is the Shogun of Harlem!!!

Jackson makes this movie IMO

he will bring the 80's flavor back to the shogun of harlem!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.