Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Last Dragon remake?

The original source was the Mirror...

...which is a tabloid rag. That movie is not X-rated. Who the heck wants to see SLJ in an X-rated flick? Even Lucas will balk at that notion, I'll guess.

Rihanna lands part in X-rated Hollywood movie alongside Samuel L Jackson

By 3am's Danielle Lawler and Clemmie Moodie 15/02/2010

Rihanna has already earned her pop stripes - now she has her sights set on a Hollywood career.

She has just landed a part in an X-rated movie with Samuel L Jackson.

Rihanna, who has signed-up with a top agent at William Morris, will play a dominatrix in The Last Dragon.

Our spy says: "She has landed an incredibly challenging role alongside Samuel L Jackson.

"But it's not a part for the faint-hearted. She will play a super sexy, super kinky dominatrix in martial arts flick The Last Dragon.

"She has been told to research the part - and this could well include a trip to an S&M dungeon." Oo-er.
    Shoot, I still haven't paid a call on Denise Matthews...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

do they realize that there is no X rating? nc 17 is the closest it comes to X. but i doubt this will be rated nc 17....

Where is Taimak now?

Read New Life in LAST LIFE by Douglas Ferguson.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Random ttt

I did check out Denise Matthew's address a few months ago. It's a P.O. Box.
    Real-life gunshots wound kung-fu-flick actor
    By JESSICA SIMEONE and TODD VENEZIA
    Last Updated: 7:39 AM, September 8, 2011
    Posted: 2:41 AM, September 8, 2011

The streets of Harlem turned more violent than a kung-fu movie late Monday, when an actor from the 1980s cult classic “The Last Dragon” was shot in the stomach by a pal, sources said.

Leo O’Brien, 40, who played Richie Green in the Berry Gordy-produced flick, was blasted three times in front of 255 W. 127th St.just before midnight Monday.

The first two shots from the 9mm handgun hit O’Brien in the stomach, and the third clipped his arm as he grabbed for the gun. Miraculously, he survived.

“At the time, I was walking up the block to the barber get a shave,” O’Brien told The Post from Harlem Hospital. “He just came up and shot me. No words ... Then he started crying and ran.”

“What I imagine is, we had a verbal altercation prior to this, but it wasn’t about anything substantial.”

Suspect Travis Breckenridge, 50, was arrested after people who knew both men from the neighborhood called cops, the actor said.

When cops went to arrest Breckenridge at his home, he tried to throw the gun out of the window but was spotted by officers, police said.

He faces charges including attempted murder and aggravated assault.

O’Brien, who now runs a convenience store and works in music production, had only had a few roles after appearing in the campy 1985 flick. He says he expects to recover from his wounds and one day get back into the movies.
    Wounded Martial Arts Musical Star Has "Mutant" Healing Powers

A former star of '80s martial arts musical The Last Dragon was shot in Harlem during the bloody Labor Day, but he's doing just fine now. Actor Leo O'Brien, who played "Richie Green" in that film and has also appeared on Law & Order, was shot three times on Monday by a friend, and he credits his Wolverine-like healing abilities with saving him: "I was in intensive care but just for one day. I'm a fast healer—kind of a mutant...I've been told if this had happened to someone else, they'd be dead," he told the News.

O'Brien, who has given up acting to run other businesses—including a small music studio, a convenience store in Harlem, and a company that sells magazines door to door—doesn't know why his friend Travis Breckenridge shot him at Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd. and W. 127th Street just before noon on Monday.

O'Brien says Breckenridge approached him on the corner and shot him in the abdomen without warning. At first, he thought it was a BB gun: "The second bullet hit me in the stomach," he said. "I knew then it was a real gun. I tried taking the gun from him...The third bullet hit me in the arm."

During the confrontation, Breckenridge "didn't say anything to me. He started crying and ran away. He was my homeboy. Did we have a problem before he shot me? No. I don't know why he shot me." However, O'Brien does think his friend may have been scared of him: "Maybe he thought I would hurt him?"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I don't know why Pookey Wigington sends me press releases...

...maybe it's just for this (same text as the press release but also on his Chocolate Sundaes fb page):

This Summer Pookey is offering up his first martial arts action film!!! He's remaking the 80's cult classic "The Last Dragon" with Pookey casting himself as the lead role, "Leroy Green", with Esau McGraw playing his nemesis "Sho'Nuff the Shogun of the Bronx" and Ron G as Leroy's little problem-maker-brother, "Richie Green".

Currently the part of Laura Charles - originally played by Vanity - has yet to be filled. Pookey has cited wanting a fresh face as the reason why they haven't found the leading lady just yet. There are plans to have casting calls in LA and NY in the coming months to find the perfect woman.

During a press conference held Sunday, February 24th for the announcement of the pre-production of the movie, Pookey said this on why he chose "The Last Dragon". "I always felt that I had the glow growing up in Inglewood. Have you seen me play basketball? I was the master. So when they made the original movie, I thought it was loosely based on my life. I didn't even have the writers write lines for me. I'm going to improvise my lines based on life experience."

Esau posed the questions to people doubting his ability to play a convincing Sho'Nuff: "Am I the meanest? Am I the prettiest? Am I the baddest Mo Fo down around this town? Who am I?"

"Sho'Nuff", Pookey answered.

When one reporter for another publication asked Pookey if he felt like he may come off looking like a cornball for playing Leroy, Ron G interrupted, "He ain't no cornball!!! He's my brother, and he's the master."

If he's able to master his karate skills is yet to be seen. Filming begins November 2013…
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

RIP Vanity

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I did check out Denise Matthew's address a few months ago. It's a P.O. Box.
    That was such a strange situation, upon reflection.

VANITY PRINCE PROTEGE DIES AT 57
    2/15/2016 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
    EXCLUSIVE

Vanity, lead singer of the '80s girl group Vanity 6, has died after years of battling kidney failure and, more recently, an abdominal illness.
    Vanity, whose real name was Denise Katrina Matthews, passed away in a Fremont, CA hospital on Monday ... according to sources close to her family. A few months ago she set up a GoFundMe page, and said she'd been diagnosed with sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis -- an inflammation of the small intestines.
    She also battled crack addiction in the '90s, and after a 1994 OD her kidneys were shot. She had to undergo nearly daily dialysis treatments.

Vanity's biggest hit came in 1982 with "Nasty Girl" ... a song produced by Prince. The group toured with Prince on his 1999 tour, but she quit right after that. She went on to sign a solo record deal with Motown, and starred in movies like "The Last Dragon" and "Action Jackson."
    She eventually ditched Hollywood, quit drugs and became a born-again Christian in the mid '90s. She remained active in her local church up until her death. We're told she was in church on Saturday evening and told the congregation she was "ready to go home."
    Vanity was 57.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

And just to keep things on topic here...

...since this was also on the TMZ site above...

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Larry Karaszweski on THE LAST DRAGON

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips