Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: warner bros gets rights to ninja scroll

If they improve upon what they tried to do with 'Shinobi', it should be good, I think.

im maybe mistaken but warners never did a shinobi movie. so who my friend is they?

I didn't mean any production company specifically. I only meant in general, of attempts to make live action films from anime or manga.

I don't know what studio or company produced Shinobi, I just saw it at a mall kiosk and bought it. I just like the simple idea of a series of skilled fights, like challenges, either a group vs group, but split apart to fight one on one, or as in Ninja Skroll, a sort of ladder type challenge similar to The Game of Death.

shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    I didn't mean any production company specifically. I only meant in general, of attempts to make live action films from anime or manga.

I don't know what studio or company produced Shinobi, I just saw it at a mall kiosk and bought it. I just like the simple idea of a series of skilled fights, like challenges, either a group vs group, but split apart to fight one on one, or as in Ninja Skroll, a sort of ladder type challenge similar to The Game of Death.
    Shinobi: Heart Under Blade was a Japanese production that is licensed in the US by FUNimation.

It was based upon the same novels series (titled Ninpocho) by Futaro that were the source for Ninja Scroll.

If you watch the anime BASILISK, you will see many similarities between that and SHINOBI. Check it man.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Sorry I was a little slow on that merge

We're in our deadline crunch on top of the holiday stress.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

just watched ninja scroll

i just watched this film again, after maybe havent seen it in ten years, and its not as crazy as i thought or anyone else thought nd its totally doable and it will be a R rating because the anime is only rated r. there is really no cursing, nudity yes but only one actual intercourse scene that u mostly see through silhouette, an attempted rape scene. the most bloody scene is where the guy gets his arms ripped off in the beginning. im just running down the scenes, their is a criteria that makes a movie are. this movie can be done just like the anime and get an R rating, ofcourse the extra bloody scenes might have to be turned black and white. but it can be done. to everybody who says its gonna suck blah blah, watch ninja scroll again. you'll see what i mean, its not that bad.

ya its pretty much just the violence and the rape. which is needed for the story line anyway.

and when that demon drinks the blood coming out of the guys arms after he rips them off, staring at the girl while he drinks it. classic.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Ninja Scroll is classic anime in my book.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    Ninja Scroll is classic anime in my book.
    yep.

i put ninja scroll with: akira, ghost in the shell, fist of the north star, and others of that magnitude.

definately one of the greats
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i was also thinking kids under the age of 20 probably never even heard of ninja scroll thats old school anime at its finest nd truest. **** they dont make em like that anymore. i remember when i first saw it , it was like in 93-94 and i was blown the **** away, granted i was 10 and i had to watch it in secret for fear of my mother kicking my head off my shoulders. but now almost fifteen years later ive seen much worse and i can say that ninja scroll is pretty tamed. and the rape scene isnt even really rape its more molestation, because there is no intercourse, there is only one intercourse scene.and about maybe four nude scenes, 2 with the nude girl and 2 with the poison ***** chick. funny thing is as im watching it im thinking **** the f uck she got super aids? ill leave you guys with that.

I think I was 16 when I saw it for the first time, and for some reason the video story gave me the Spanish dub. I had no clue what teh story was about... but the spectacle was awesome! Even better when I finally saw it in English and knew what was going on!

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    and now i hear tekashi miike is also on the short list, now if he directs this movie is going to be hands down f ucking amazing.

holy ****ing ****,. takashi mikii with a huge budget to do a splatterfest. omfg that will be great. Takeshi Kaneshiro would be a good choice i think. his english is perfect.

i always wanted to see the kid Masanobu Ando (played the crazy kid kiriyama in abttle royale) in a live action version of this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

yeah that news is mad old dont know if its still relevant, i do know that alex tse,who wrote sucker free city(a made for tv spike lee joint), watchman(yes THE WATCHMAN) and frankie machine michael mann and bobby D's next filmm has been tapped to write the script for ninja scroll. ive read all three scripts and if they are any indicator as to how ninja scroll is going to be we are in for a good movie.
    Last edited by doug maverick; 12-28-2008 at 12:04 AM.

**** no takashi mikii
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.