Thread: Cost

Cost

I recieved a formula from a fellow martial artist of a well known lineage. I'm just wondering.. what's an estiminated priced I would be expected to spend on herbs? 15-20 different kind of herbs.. maybe around 1-3 grams each..

Thanks

~$15 this might be a bit high but thats what the price is more or less from a place i order from
    Forget about Yesterday, Live for Today and Pray for Tomorrow
    www.Weaponsathand.com

Depends on what herbs are in the formula. some herbs are rarer than others and are more expensive. You cannot make estimates without seeing the formula and how much of each herb they are requesting to use.

Hence I would need to see the formula and then I could give you an accurate estimate on the price. You can email me the formula or a photo of it.

Are they asking for Bai Hua She (Pit Viper)? or large amounts of Tien Chi/San Qi? Snake is very expensive and can run herbalist $75.00 a pound wholesale. Tien Chi is also expensive and runs around 18-25.00 a pound wholesale.

I have over 250 herbs in my herbal pharmacy and have been formulating and making Dit Da Jow and Iron Palm medicine for over 15 years. I'm in Acupuncture School at New England School of Acupuncture pursuing my Masters Degree and state licensure in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine

Let me know how I can be of service to you.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 11-02-2008 at 04:00 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

another option of recourse is simply to begin to learn and identify natural herbs for yourself... alot of purchased herbs can be aquired with a little research and field experience... nature freely provides.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    another option of recourse is simply to begin to learn and identify natural herbs for yourself... alot of purchased herbs can be aquired with a little research and field experience... nature freely provides.
    Don't listen to this guy. You need a professional to make up prescriptions and you never treat yourself.

'He who treats his own illness has a fool for a patient.'

Get professional advice.

Kenton Sefcik, R.Ac, Dip.Ac, Dip.TCM
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

inflation

Has there been any price jump here in America?
    Prices of traditional Chinese herbs up an average 20%
    By Seet Sok Hwee, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 07 January 2010 2003 hrs

SINGAPORE : Prices of some Chinese herbs have shot up by some three times over the past six months, on the back of rising demand.

Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practitioners said concerns over H1N1 in China and poor harvest due to bad weather, have unexpectedly spurred domestic sales, resulting in a dip in export volume.

Herbs like honeysuckle flowers were selling for about S$50 a kilogramme half a year ago. Today, you would have to fork out a whopping S$135 for them.

The same goes for chrysanthemum flowers - they used to sell for S$8 for half a kilogramme. Now, the price is about twice that - at S$15.

On average, prices for most herbs have gone up by about 20 per cent. But TCM practitioners said they are absorbing the costs for now.

They said they are not raising their fees yet because they have stocked up on their processed herbal medications. Orders were made long before prices went up.

The practitioners also advise customers not to purchase herbs in bulk because that will only push up prices and most herbs do not store well for long.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Has there been any price jump here in America?
    There is always an anomoly here and there, a couple select herbs that go up in price, sure. Nothing drastic though. Coincidentally, some herbs are more "available" now then they have been in the past (sea creatures as example). With that said:

FACT: Mayway *DID* just initiate a 3-5% price hike across the board, Mayway enjoys this game while four other suppliers are unchanged in recent time.

EXPERIENCE: While I cant speak for others around the country, PlumDragon has been able to keep any hikes like this transparent to customers: Despite bad economy, silly H1N1 scares, and such, we have continued to post significant rise in sales pretty much every month for the last 12 months; and so as volume increases, prices have remained constant. From my point of view, the herbal market is strong in the US.

Candidly, the recent increase in Postal price is more of a concern to me than the herbs; herbs are (generally) inexpensive...
    Last edited by PlumDragon; 01-10-2010 at 08:17 PM.