Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you Know where it is?

There are a few signs in out Tiger-crane form, but supposedly there are many in the Iron Wire.
    Again, never really focused that much on that part of it.
    Kiu Sao may have been a sign, but it is an even better hand position for strenghtening the forearm muscles
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the entire bow is a call sign. The hands form the sun and moon, the character 'Ming," used by members to indentify themselves as ming loyalists.
    "Our hearts are for the Ming Dynasty (or Ming emperor-the dragon and tiger frepresenting the emperor as well)Warrior and priest fight together, side by side they pull their country back.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    thanks TT,

now thats what I'm talking about. however, if you know those call signs, my sifu's feels you should go down to your local chapter of the Hung Mun and join them.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

yeah, but I teach that in my school, so I would have to bring the whole school down to the lodge!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    the hung mun revolutionary stuff is all over my system, from the way we bow, to the way the hands are held in the bow, and certain hand postures within techniques are all found within the forms. i never knew this until i came across hung mun material that showed them.

Interesting.
    棋盘山上砍过树,故宫城里盗过墓,此生行尽天涯路,沈阳儿女就是酷.

what does the hung muhn do today to benefit the greater society?

many hung kuen players pay homage through the entirity of their school bows and many people who teach those sets are not members of the society nor have they ever been and on top of that, a great deal of people have no idea what is with all the hand signs and gestures etc etc.

but, to my original question, and i ask, because i would need to see some value of joining a society of any sort, especially a secret one (which I don't actually agree with in principle).

so what do they do that warrants joinging them outside of the context of hidden call signs in your kungfu practice that most people don't know what it means beyond representing the school they learned it from?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

HSK can tell you of how HM is actively supporting the Chinese community and fights for rights of Chinese Immigrants. I know that the Hung Ching in NYC works very hard at giving the youth a place where they can do various athletic activities. The NYC Hung Ching has a Gung-Fu school and Lion Dance team that is excellent. Giving youth pride and self-esteem is a major tool for keeping them away from peer pressure.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    david,

great question. I have a great answer.

what does the hung muhn do today to benefit the greater society?

I can only speak about the Hung Mun in SF. Under the guidance of Dragon Head Raymond Chow, who is doing what he can to revive some of the older Hung Mun traditions is ALL ABOUT COMMUNITY. as you will see in this link here when CNN's anchor man (kafferty i think... i know, wrong spelling) made some seriously negative comments about the Chinese, the Hung Mun protested out in front of the CNN station in SF.

If there is a problem within the community, the SF Hung Mun Ghee Kung Tong, which is the first and oldest tong in the United States (est. 1849) is going to stand up and fight for the rights of the Chinese.

so what do they do that warrants joinging them outside of the context of hidden call signs in your kungfu practice

That would have to be answered by You. For myself, Professor Lau Bun, Jew Leong, and My sifu are all elders within THIS Hung Mun. I have been representing them in lion dance performances since i first joined. PHOCK, i was stupid shocked when the Dragon Head Raymond Chow admitted to me that he's known who i was way back when I was skinny.

For me, it's tradition. My sifu has brought me into depths of C-town that most outsiders will NEVER get to see. and i said MOST, i know there will always be some who will jump on the bandwagon. But, my purposes for being a member of Hung Mun are purely traditional.

Blog Entries
    Thanks TT. you got to that point before i did.

And, TT is correct. Human Rights, Community, and tradition is what the Hung Mun are about today.

some will ask, "how did they let your white arse in there?" well, can i get a show of hands of the people who knew that in australia in the 1950's there was an ALL WHITE Hung Mun? It died out somehow, but it's true. My white arse is guilty by association. I have been around them, and at first indirectly a member through my sifu. But after meeting the Dragon Head Raymond Chow, and him already knowing me and that I completely support the Chinese community every time for most of my life.......well.......

Again, for me it's traditional. Not just because all my elders here in sf are members. but to be completely real, The Ghee Kung Tong is the 'GREEN GRASS MONK'S LODGE." My book (when it's final) will go deeper into what I am saying here. I just don't want to spill the beans here. But, my book will tell you things about the green grass monk that NO OTHER CLF person ever has. That is why I was so upset that DFW began claiming that Choy Fook was the Green Grass Monk.

For one, Choy Fook couldn't be the Green Grass Monk because he was a devout buddhist, just like chan heung. But, the Green Grass Monk IS the "Triad" side of the Hung Mun.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-06-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Blog Entries

check this out....

[2] The word Hong (洪) is the evolution of the word Han (漢). By taking out the two radicals of Zhong (中) and Tu (土) from the middle of Han (漢), the new word which ultimately becomes Hong (洪). That means the Han People had lost their land (Zhong Tu 中土) and they must organize themselves under the banner of Hong (洪) to gain back their land (中土), that is against the Qing Government (清朝), Fan Qing Fu Ming (反清復明) or Oppose the Qing and Recover the Ming. Hong Wu (洪武) was the name of the era during the reign of Emperor Tai Zu Zhu Yuanzhang (太祖皇帝朱元璋 1368AD to 1398AD), the first Emperor of Ming Dynasty (明朝 1368AD to 1644AD).

Do they call themselves Chinese free masons where you are or do they actually keep the name Hung Muhn?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I apologize for asking but......

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    [2] The word Hong (洪) is the evolution of the word Han (漢). By taking out the two radicals of Zhong (中) and Tu (土) from the middle of Han (漢), the new word which ultimately becomes Hong (洪). That means the Han People had lost their land (Zhong Tu 中土) and they must organize themselves under the banner of Hong (洪) to gain back their land (中土), that is against the Qing Government (清朝), Fan Qing Fu Ming (反清復明) or Oppose the Qing and Recover the Ming. Hong Wu (洪武) was the name of the era during the reign of Emperor Tai Zu Zhu Yuanzhang (太祖皇帝朱元璋 1368AD to 1398AD), the first Emperor of Ming Dynasty (明朝 1368AD to 1644AD).
    Would you be so kind to highlight where the radical tu (土) is found in the character han (漢)?

Thank you

Blog Entries
    They still call themselves Freemasons, however, the Hung Mun Ghee Kung Tong has been considered freemasons for a very long time now. more so than others.

and sorry gru, but if you look close, its in there......i just am not able to tell you how.

Blog Entries