Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2nd Edition: Combat Philosophy of Wong Shun Leung

To be honest if you get to the point where you are fighting then your self defense has already failed.

As for some of the MMA comments, I am 56 years old and train submission grappling once a week. I train at a level that is comfortable for me and have developed my game around my particular skills. If you can call being old and slow skills. I go with the old school Gracie style of fighting, or in my case rolling, not to lose. I play a very defensive game and allow my younger friends the chance to wear themselves our or get frustrated with the slowness of the game and to make a stupid mistake. You would be surprised how often this works.

As someone pointed out WSL's approach was survival also. His approach sounds very much like the H2H I learned in the Marines. Weapons of opportunity were a big part of our training back in the day and still is in the current program. As the put it now, "One Mind Any Weapon".

BTW James, its Marines, with a capital M. We jarheads are touchy about stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Hey I never got my cigar lol ....
    I still have it. Don't know how to get it to you. I may have to go back to Cuba to get a fresh one.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    I still have it. Don't know how to get it to you. I may have to go back to Cuba to get a fresh one.
    **** embargo ! ... looks like you might have to visit LA or I can meet you in Cuba !
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    ... looks like you might have to visit LA or I can meet you in Cuba !
    It would be awesome either way.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'