Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what the heck am i seeing here

Blog Entries
    I may be the only person who like this kind of training.

Old Chinese saying said, "會打快 Hui Da Kuai, 快打慢 Huai Da Man ,慢打不會 Man Da Bu Hui (skill beats speed, speed beats slowness, slowness beat no skill)."

If you have speed then you are already above average and you should be able to handle those who are slow and also those who have no skill. If you don't have speed when you are young then you won't be able to develop speed when you are old (the older you are, the slower you move). If you don't have power when you are young then you may still be able to develop power when you get old. It's perfect correct to develop speed before power in the "early training stage".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-10-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    this is very....intense...

try to watch the whole thing

does anyone know what they are doing?

crazy-ness
    That was awesome, and luckly there is no charge for sheer awesomeness !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    people ned to go insane foaming at the mouth when they practice their kung fu thats the way its supposed to be done. im not tryingt to be funny here i mean it.
    I must say that I might just die laughing if somebody tried those REDICULOUS numbchunk (nunchaku) moves in a real fight.

When I get hit in a fight and it hurts I fight better. But it's not because I fly off the handle and release my rage in a random flurry of undirected nonsense. Instead I take the pain and the bruised pride and feed it into a flame of concentration and focus. My attacks gain the adrenaline boost that these guys clearly are seeking but guided by a conscious, aware, mind. Berzerking may work... when you have a clear advantage to begin with... but in reality berzerking is NOT the essence of true martial arts regardless of the source.

Self-discipline and self-control are always necessary.
    Last edited by SimonM; 11-10-2008 at 02:57 PM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

1. the reason I do not like the screaming or angry face.

b/c it used up your breathing also took away some of the muscle groups that may be used to fight or generate power.

2. practicing moving to the left and right or up or down is alrite.

but when you fight, you do not move easily. you move to strike. even when you move to dodge, but you also strike at the same time.

3. agreed with YKW. speed training, or real time training is always necessary.

--

screaming is totally not necessary.

--

Some of their techniques have already made it into popular culture.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I must say that I might just die laughing if somebody tried those REDICULOUS numbchunk (nunchaku) moves in a real fight.

When I get hit in a fight and it hurts I fight better. But it's not because I fly off the handle and release my rage in a random flurry of undirected nonsense. Instead I take the pain and the bruised pride and feed it into a flame of concentration and focus. My attacks gain the adrenaline boost that these guys clearly are seeking but guided by a conscious, aware, mind. Berzerking may work... when you have a clear advantage to begin with... but in reality berzerking is NOT the essence of true martial arts regardless of the source.

Self-discipline and self-control are always necessary.
    hey man i dont mean not guarding yourself and not dodging ,i dont mean literally spazzing out i just mean having the aggresiveness and intensity those guys have.

i was to extreme saying thats the spirit of all kung fu, but a north kung fu saying
    is you clench your teeth ,tighten your eyebrows ,bulge out your eyes then you have extra power. this is sha sho zhi miao killer's trick

all i was trying to say is people in america here dont look angry when they fight or spar their face is a blank they look phased out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    This is a total pack of BS. Is your only experiance form old 1970's Kung Fu movies?
    i watched my village do lei tai i saw how they fought, but somebody here watches instructional dvd im not gonna say who
    Last edited by bawang; 11-11-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    people in america here dont look angry when they fight or spar their face is a blank they look phased out.
    Both are good strategies.

You may:

- look down and avoid eyes contact with your opponent,
    - shake your body,
    - wet your pants, and
    - suddenly jump in like a tiger and eat your opponent alive.

You may also:

- clench your teeth ,
    - tighten your eyebrows,
    - bulge out your eyes, and
    - scare your opponent to death.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-12-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Both are good strategies.

You may:

- look down and avoid eyes contact with your opponent,
    - shake your body,
    - wet your pants, and
    - suddenly jump in like a tiger and eat your opponent alive.
    This is bad advice.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Putting forward the spirit of the tiger is always a good thing. Being ferocious, yet maintaning control is a great quality to train into yourself. control being the optimal portion. if you cannot maintain control, then there is little sense to training in a fighting system.

spazzing out is something totally different. A couple of things I saw on that video were...interesting, but there was a lot of wasted energy there.

if those guys are being trained as movie extras, this makes a lot of sense. the bad guys in movies DO fight like that, and they always lose.

that video did seem like a lot of random clips kind of thrown together.

I didnt see any good sparring/fighting however.

maybe i missed it.

but ya. that vid is totally awesome.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

well they are "training".
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Wait for wild, telegraphed swing of dumbchuku.
    Evade said wild, telegraphed swing.
    Stab.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Wait for wild, telegraphed swing of dumbchuku.
    Evade said wild, telegraphed swing.
    Stab.
    ya really. being one of my favorite weapons, i was at once glad to see they were hitting things, yet disgusted at how they actually handled the weapon.

its almost like the instructor didnt show any basic proper handling but just gave it to them and said 'hit the stickman'.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Nunchaku are, without a doubt, my least favorite weapon. Give me a good sword or spear any day of the week. Now, with only limited interest and application time on any soft weapon I'll defer to you on this but one would assume that care and control, which are SO necessary with rigid weapons, are at least equally necessary with soft weapons.
    Simon McNeil