Thread: iridology-the new lost art.

Lightbulb iridology-the new lost art.

they say the eyes are the windows to the soul... http://www.iridologynow.com/

Off topic

This is a TCM forum.

Iridology is quackery of German origin.

Please restrict your posts to Chinese quackery in the future.
    Last edited by SimonM; 11-10-2008 at 04:21 PM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    This is a TCM forum.
    medicine benefits all... division is mankinds greatest hinderance.
    yet it is beneficial to all men... just as TCM is beneficial to all men.
    i am here to heal divisions... perhaps if you delve deep enough you will discover that the chinese have developed the same art.

you really need to broaden your horizons...

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    medicine benefits all... division is mankinds greatest hinderance.
    yet it is beneficial to all men... just as TCM is beneficial to all men.
    i am here to heal divisions... perhaps if you delve deep enough you will discover that the chinese have developed the same art.

you really need to broaden your horizons...
    Iridology is pretty old, man. And by no means is it a lost art...at least not in Canada. I know lots of people who practice this. And while the eyes my *seem* to be the window to the soul, everyone else here knows it's the pulse that is the window to the soul.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

This is a TCM forum.

LMAO !!
    That deserves this:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Let me guess: german girl doing something unnatural to a duck?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Iridology is pretty old, man.
    of course it is... it is so old it was basically lost until it became more mainstream again.
    And by no means is it a lost art...at least not in Canada.
    ah, so now it can be considered canadian quakery?
    I know lots of people who practice this.
    i know lots more who don't.
    And while the eyes my *seem* to be the window to the soul, everyone else here knows it's the pulse that is the window to the soul.
    the pulse is not the window to the soul... the eyes are the window to the soul; you can look right thru a man and know him simply by looking into his eyes... eyes tell everything. now the pulse, depending on which of the twelve you are relating to, they simply indicate the vitality and functioning of the body that houses the soul.

fingerprints - not just for nosy cops any more

Secret scrolls that I found buried in the sub-sub-basement of the rosicrucian lodge in Paris, Ontario guarded by a rabid marmaset divulged to me a true secret, lost, diagnostic technique.

Fingerprintology allows a fingerprintologist to tell everything that there is to know about the health of the person who is being observed simply by observing changes to the form of the fingerprint - through which all medical secrets will be revealed using this certifiable scientographic method.
    Simon McNeil

eye diagnosis methods are very old. Iridology's just a modern version, combining western medicine with consistently correlative changes in the iris of the eye to indicate disease. At least, that's the theory. Is it effective? I have no idea.

I do know that chinese medicine has it's own eye diagnosis methods, ranging from the basic (sclera = lungs, iris = liver, pupil = kidney, lacrimal ducts = heart, lids = spleen) to the intricate (the eyeball as a whole is divided into pie-chart like sections denoting the various Zang Fu and burners, with blood-vesicle geography being included as a main component of syndrome differentiation.)

The big difference I see is that iridology focuses on diseases, wherease CM eye diagnosis focuses on syndromes.

I vote for syndrome differentiation - it's a cooler word.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    the pulse is not the window to the soul... the eyes are the window to the soul; you can look right thru a man and know him simply by looking into his eyes... eyes tell everything. now the pulse, depending on which of the twelve you are relating to, they simply indicate the vitality and functioning of the body that houses the soul.
    What if you're blind?

You can tell a lot by a handshake, too.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

It's 100% equally effective to cataloging consistent correlative changes to fingerprints. Because the amount that an iris DOES change over the life of an individual is about equivalent.
    Simon McNeil

It's 100% equally effective to cataloging consistent correlative changes to fingerprints. Because the amount that an iris DOES change over the life of an individual is about equivalent.
    Well, there ya go. I guess I'll stick with cataloguing the blood vessicles in the sclera.

Thanks.

Thumbs up About Iridology.....

Nothing new about Iridology, IMO. It is indeed one of the auxilliary diagnostic assessments of Classical Chinese Medicine, and is also used as such by other health care practitioners, notably by many Naturopaths, Homeopathic Physicians, and Chiropractors, among others.

Attachment 4866

Attachment 4867

Attachment 4868

Doc
    Last edited by Doc Stier; 12-11-2008 at 01:34 AM.