Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Shaolin Temple Myths

And this is where it breaks down - because my interpretation of events - which is not based on your belief system fits logically but does not mesh with your feeling. And so we will not see eye to eye.

Ever.

And so I suggest that we drop the subject before it degrades into a flame war.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Blog Entries
    feelings mutual........agreed.

i'm outta here.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    lol.......what was it that i experienced then? an orgasm that went bad? lol
    no - just a not atypical autonomic nervous system response to an emotionaly intense situation - I've experienced similar things, for example during a "breakthrough" sitting meditation session after 4 days of 10 hr. / day meditation in a Buddhist monastery; many people describe similar things during so-called "energy healing" or full-body unwinding treatments; to a lesser degree during less intense types of manual therapy as well; the fact that your entire neuromuscular system was probably in a chronic state of holding / restriction after the trauma would explain why you had such an intense release (some say that the kinetic energy from a trauma gets "trapped" in the tissues, sort of imprinted, and that the tissues repropogate along those lines of force; they would argue that what you felt was that kinetic residue passing out of the system - I don't necessarilly buy it exactly like that, but it's not a bad way of describing it)
    I will also agree that this sort of experience can be very "healing" - sort of like a watershed event for the nervous system, has to do with the body functioning as a non-linear system: the connective tissue / fascial network is the conduit through which the sensations start locally and spread like a web; and the fact that someone put their hands on you is no surprise that it happened - our bodies are pretty smart - if they are functioning out of sync, one way they seem able to re-balance is through the use of intentioned hands on contact by another person - sort of like we are "designed" to "fix" each other on an intuitive level (yeah, a bit out there, I admit, but what ya gonna do...)

I don't believe in religion anyway....lol......i just KNOW what happened to me........
    (organized religion is NOT for me)
    absolutely - the experience is not at all to be discounted; all I am saying is that it is a pretty natural thing that can happen in the body, it just requires the right circumstances;

and in your opinion, just how did the stainless steal bars supporting my spine managed to break? by :manifestation of your own mind generated by your expectations and facilitated by your faith reinforced by your survival of a near-death injury? really?
    Frank, i've seen what happens with kids with Harrington rods after a few years off having them in - those bars can twist, break, pop off their attachments, do all kinds of crazy shiit you wouldn't think possible; and that's with skinny little kids w/CP; if you are sedentary and obese, that can place a significant strain on them as well, because sitting places the greatest amount of strain on the spine out of all positions; so the fact that they broke is not as fantastical as it might seem (although your premonition to go get another x-ray was certainly well-timed - you're right, you could have been re-paralyzed or worse)

Blog Entries
    ok ok......for the first time i did a search on broken harrington rods......

so, i see i'm not the first, and that's cool. now i can stop attributing it to god.

but check this out

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/archi...php/t-210.html

however, mine never detached, the broke in half. i'm still glad they got taken out. it was a biatch sitting against hard surfaces.

ok ok......for the first time i did a search on broken harrington rods......

so, i see i'm not the first, and that's cool. now i can stop attributing it to god.

but check this out

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/archi...php/t-210.html

however, mine never detached, the broke in half. i'm still glad they got taken out. it was a biatch sitting against hard surfaces.
    yeah, you wouldn't think it could happen - but I'll never forget the first time I saw what the top end of one looked like literally protruding out of someone's back (under the skin) - freaky!

as to why yours broke as opposed to detached - it all has to do with location of stress forces, especially shears / torsions which hit the rods where they are structurally weak; beyond that, who knows...

I am surprised that your surgeon didn't tell you that could happen, kinda irresponsible on his part, TBH...

Blog Entries
    no, i knew they could come detached, but i never heard of Harrington rods breaking in half and still be screwed into your spine. i mean, two pieces turned into 4.