Thread: Looking for information on two teachers

Looking for information on two teachers

Hi, I was hoping to get some info on these tow individuals:

Chow Chin Chiu

George Salis Ling

A new student has enrolled and wants to be cross ranked and states he has had the following teachers. I can't find any information on them and my teacher knows nothing of them.
    I will have them show forms, applications ect but we are wondering about them.
    Thanks for your help
    Liz
    The most decisive actions in our life...are most often unconsidered actions

If he doesn't have the letter, a bai si book, a certificate or any of that stuff, why would he want to be cross ranked?

nothing personal, but if you don't have a drivers license you shouldn't be driving the car.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

He said he was going to unpack his certs but not a letter.
    Just wanted to know about these teachers and what they teach.
    I will not allow him to be cross ranked unless it is CLF but still has to show us forms, applications etc... he will not be cross ranked in the Taoist system, but we do give respect to other school,styles and systems. I think it maybe an ego thing on his part. He is to come into class today so we will see.
    Last edited by Wu Lizhu; 11-12-2008 at 10:49 AM.

According to the link that MK gave you to Abels teacher's site, Chiu was a Wu style taijiquan guy.

dunno about the other.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Who is Abel?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I always get people who come in to my school from other systems and say,"I'm a third dan in whatever, what would I be in your school?"
    My standard reply is, "You'd be a rank beginner. (like a white belt) Just because you're a pitcher, doesn't make you the quarterback."
    I also tell them that their previous experience should enable them to move faster through the system, but that is also depending on whether or not they have developed bad habits, which may be so ingrained that it would be a hinderance.
    He needs to empty his cup.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Thank you Ten Tigers, it's the same here. I'm thankful for everyone's help. Thank you. I'm just curious now. I tried to go to that link and the website is not working at this time.

He is at the school now, I'm not too impressed. I saw his certificate states 2nd degree, chinese is all wrong on cert., anyway we may not take him as a student at all but I will put him through his paces to see how much dedication he has. One hour in a deep Mabu, should be a good start.
    Thanks again.
    Liz
    If anyone has information on these guys please let me know. I don't have to have it, I'm just curious.