Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Windows Xp Back up from a Laptop question

A MAC will not run ANY of the software I need, thearfore it will not work 100% of the time.

Look,don't get all upset, it's not your fault your God like box is vastly inferior and just can't cut it outside of your little dream word.

It's not easy to let go of your fantasies of God like grandeur and power. Just ask all the crappy Kung Fu people who got beat down in MMA.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 11-16-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    Of course some Apple products will have problems. Just not nearly as many as you Wintel geeks do.
    "The numbers game", again....
    Fewer Crapples sold, fewer (in total numbers) breakdowns.
    (the percentages may well be higher)

URL="http://www.consumerreports.org........

They probably wont show up, I think you need a consumer report account, but Apple far and away leads the other brands with 83% and 81% reader score respectively, compared to the next highest Lenovo who score 66% on both charts.
    Ah, yes.... "Consumer Reports",the first and last refuge of the technologically illiterate.
    (in any given area where they are "lacking expertise")

(emphasis by me)

I see, you're one of 'those' types.
    OK, I admit it.
    I actually GASP SOLD PCs until the internet price-cutting began and profits became scarce.

People couldn't understand why I didn't want to support their PCs (that they'd bought online) for free........

People couldn't understand why I didn't want to replace the bogus/counterfeit RAM (they'd bought at BestBuy).... again "for free".

BAH! HUMBUG(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    A MAC will not run ANY of the software I need, thearfore it will not work 100% of the time.

Look,don't get all upset, it's not your fault your God like box is vastly inferior and just can't cut it outside of your little dream word.

It's not easy to let go of your fantasies of God like grandeur and power. Just ask all the crappy Kung Fu people who got beat down in MMA.
    Hahahahahaha......

What kind of a mac do you have RD?

your mac might run Vista better than your wintel boxes

And this was from a PC mag....

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

our $2949 test unit set new speed records (through 10/25/2007). The MacBook Pro outperformed the rest of the notebooks we tested,

HOLY CRAP!!! At almost THREE GRAND it outta be able to polish my....um SHOES!!!!

Give me an almost $3000.00 PC, and I can out perform that thing I am sure.

Jebus dear God, THREE GRAND???? And you are giving me grief because I want to upgrade my $600.00 Averatec with a $250.00 Processor? Are you on CRACK?

Oh Dear Lord, This thing is a PC, in a MAC casing!!

http://store.apple.com/us/configure/...mco=MTkzOTI1MA

When are you gonna give up. EVEN APPLE HAS GONE PC!!!!

apple went pc architecture with the dual core tech. they had to or they risked losing even more market share because their tech was no match for the ever more powerful PCs which have steadily stripped them(macs) of any purpose since about 1997 (or when it really matered that everyone could now access). They have dismal market share in computing now and it;s mostly because they are closed to 3rd party programs.

anyway, for 500 bucks (that's canadian by the way) you can buy a desktop that is faster and more capable than pretty much any mac.

few more years and apple will be making PCs, they will have to and following that, there will be no difference between a mac and a pc and it won't be the pc integrating mac tech but rather the other way round.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    When I go to do the back up, it wants me to insert a floppy disk at the end of the process...but I don't have a floppy drive.

Does this mean I can't restore the system if need be?
    Reply]
    Next time try typing:

"Reply]
    I don't have one"

That should work.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Hahahahahaha......

-David
    The story should read:
    "Apple sells high-end PC hardware at a ridiculous premium."

Your story is ridiculous. You can buy all of the hardware from several places. The only things apple have going for them are pretty cases and MacOS.

The IBM processors it used to use that were better for graphic design and such? Gone.

Every piece of hardware available for Macs, are available for Windows. Thus there is no such thing as a Mac that will run Vista better than a PC will. It IS a PC!!

Btw, your story is over a year old. There are Laptop PCs out there with better hardware than that, for around $1000.
    Last edited by JGTevo; 11-17-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Ahh, I'm bored. Keep building your PC's.....

BTW, the MacBook Pro in that year-old article ran up against other Wintel laptops at the same price level, except for the 'Cheapest" laptop award. A bunch ( of the PC's) were higher priced, even.

Anyway, give me OS X in any form over Vista/XP any day.....

continue with your ridiculous rants about how bad mac's are....

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

Ahh, I'm bored. Keep building your PC's.....
    Absolutely. Keep in mind that I can build a PC better than any Mac that Apple sells(it'd be expensive, but thats beside the point), and on top of that, one that runs both OSX and XP/Vista and Linux. In these days of multi-boot, you don't need to choose one or the other.

Christ, you remind me of one of those old Super Nintendo Vs. Sega Genesis freaks.

BTW, the MacBook Pro in that year-old article ran up against other Wintel laptops at the same price level, except for the 'Cheapest" laptop award. A bunch ( of the PC's) were higher priced, even.
    Apple is the sole manufacturer of MacBooks.
    PCs have numerous manufacturers.
    Of course, you can find someone like Alienware who will charge you an insane premium for a kickass laptop..
    Or you can be smart and go with someone like ibuypower.com.

Or you can be even smarter and build your own. Its cheaper and you end up getting a more reliable system, PC, or Mac. Or Both in a single comp.

Anyway, give me OS X in any form over Vista/XP any day.....
    Theres nothing majorly wrong with OSX.
    But theres nothing majorly wrong with Vista or XP, either. I've stated numerous points you just ignore in your Mac-rants. XP is an incredibly reliable operating system and it is very highly respected in the IT world.

continue with your ridiculous rants about how bad mac's are....
    The only one with ridiculous rants, is you, and its about PCs.
    Macs are essentially PCs nowadays. And your points on the faults of the operating systems are ridiculous. Hardware is hardware, unless your OS is complete and utter ****, its going to run applications almost exactly the same, regardless if its XP, MacOS or Linux.

This isn't 1998 where Windows was still based off of MS-DOS and Macs had IBM's PPC processors.

The only major difference between MacOS and Windows XP, is how it looks. Thats it.
    More spyware and viruses are made for Windows, but much less software is made for MacOS. Thats the tradeoff. Take it from someone in the Computer Repair industry: Don't open ******* executables and you're 99% safe from that **** anyway.
    Last edited by JGTevo; 11-18-2008 at 04:05 AM.

Don't open ******* executables and you're 99% safe from that **** anyway.

Reply]
    Yup, good advice! Also, if you download a single song, and the time stamp says it's a 20 minute song, don't open it. Or worse, if the time stamp is small, but the actual size of the song is like that of an album, don't play the song.

let's also not forget what the world runs on computer-wise.

It's PC's folks, not macs.

lets not forget the value of 'windows for warships'. It's an OS that I would like to have, but the hardware to run it is really expensive...and dangerous. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hahahahahaha......

-David
    I would run OS X on a PC long before I'd put Vista on a Mac. That's just bottom of the barrel computing.

Even Apple agrees, which id why they currently put OS X on a PC box stamped as a Mac. The only thing Apple ever had going for them was the OS.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post

The only thing Apple ever had going for them was the OS.
    Not true. Before PC's had FPU's integrated, the Motorolla 80X0 processors were the bees knees. Great text based terminal emulation with very little lag. And let us not forget parity bit memory that some PC's used to run.