Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Candle training?

havent seen th clip but puting out a candle is pretty easy. I do it every bday. I was taught yu can cheat, If you do a weak punch but pull your hand back quick it will put it out. But its about the stopping that sends the wind to put it out if doing it properly

So Why Nobody Can do it under Scientific Conditions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JYGq...=results_video
    The only time I've seen or felt hei is in structure but emission of chi dosen't seem to be quantifiable....why?
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 02-12-2013 at 07:54 AM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Having some fun punching out a candle flame.

This is me goofing around in the kitchen of our NC house. We were there a few weeks ago to pack more things to bring to Texas. My wife asked me if I could punch out the flame so of course I obliged.

Nice, GB!

Many years ago, I played with doing that a bit, and usually it took a few tries to put the candle out. Only occasionally would I succeed on the first try. The last time I did that, my fist somehow ended up way too close (I thought my focal point was *at least* 4" to 5" away), and it tapped the candle, sending melted wax flying onto the counter.

Thanks Jimbo!

I used to do this all the time to bring focus to my striking. Unless it's a raging bonfire of a candle I can normally put them out on the first try, but that wasn't the case when I first started out. Yeah, wax sucks to clean up off a countertop.

I just noticed when replaying this video that there is sound. You have to crank up the volume, and then along with a creaky floor you can actually hear my punch.

The reason I posted this was to contribute what I could to the forum other than just chit chat. I'm not totally coming out of my anonymous closet, but at least I'm no longer a complete net ghost. I'd post video of the forms I know but I have to honor my Sifu's request to keep them closed door.

nice! looks like witchcraft

never tried it myself, hmm...
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    nice! looks like witchcraft

never tried it myself, hmm...

Just before the punch I did sacrifice a chicken. It was a rotisserie from the grocery store but that's close right.

Chen Jia

There's a vid if you follow the link.
    That's how you play with fire! Incredible footage shows man blowing out 15 candles by punching the AIR

Video captures the 27-year-old snuffing out all candles in 10 seconds
    Reports say that he has practised Shaolin kung fu for more than a decade
    He can also break wooden stick and a nine-pound stone with bare hands

By JULIAN LUK FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 07:09 EST, 13 October 2016 | UPDATED: 09:45 EST, 13 October 2016

This is the incredible moment a young Chinese man manages to extinguish 15 candles with air punches.
    Chen Jia, 27, can be seen punching out the candles in less than 10 seconds in the clip.
    The footage was uploaded to Chinese video sharing site Miaopai on October 12.
    Impressive man puts out candles by using the air from fist pump

Chen Jia, 27, is about to use inner energy to punch out the 15 candles placed in front of him

He reportedly deployed a Shaolin move named 'Sun Ray Fist' to give air punches repeatedly
    Chen comes from China's Henan province which is the birthplace Shaolin martial arts.
    Shaolin Kungfu is known as China's largest school of kungfu.
    Chen said that he was often challenged by people who thought his skill was either 'fake' or 'impossible'.
    In order to prove the authenticity of his stunt, another man wearing a black shirt, who was thought to be a reporter, is seen giving punches to the air in the video. However, he fails to put out the candles.
    In the latter part of the video, Chen can be seen breaking a candle and a wooden stick by using a knife-hand strike.
    He even manages to break a stone weighing almost nine pounds into two with his right hand.

Amazing moment: All fifteen candles were blown out in less than ten seconds

Another man is seen giving punches however he fails to blow out the candles

Chen said he mastered the technique four years ago and had practiced kung fu for a decade.
    Chen told reporters at China News that he used a move called 'Sun Ray Fist', one of the 72 Shaolin Arts to punch out the candle.
    The technique involves use of 'qi', a form of inner energy, to extinguish the candle lamp placed at least eight steps away, according to a Chinese government website that introduces national martial arts.

Chen chops a candle (left) before cutting a wooden stick in half (right)

Impressive skills: He was also filmed breaking a pebble in half using his bare hands

Chen claimed he had recently gained another skill from the 72 Shaolin Arts - to break rock with bare hands.
    The reporter from China News took him to the park in order for him to showcase his stunt.
    With a few punches, Chen managed to break a stone, weighing four kilograms (8.8 pounds), into two.
    Onlookers stopped to watch his performance.
    One witness, surnamed Zhao, doubted his claim and gathered two more stones for him to break apart.
    'He also broke those stones,' Zhao said.
    To maximise his hand strength, he practices doing push-ups using his fingers every day.
    He also claims that he can do a handstand using one single finger.
    This isn't the first case of videos showing people extinguishing candles with a punch.
    Amir Khan, a famous boxer, punched off eight candles in just a single punch.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Unnamed Candle Puncher in China

He Was Trying Out Kung Fu Moves, Accidentally Set 40 Bikes On Fire
    The boy's parents may now have to shell out $15,000 to compensate for the damage, the police said.
    Offbeat | NDTV Offbeat Desk | Updated: January 19, 2018 17:40 IST

He Was Trying Out Kung Fu Moves, Accidentally Set 40 Bikes On Fire

The boy left the complex without putting out a burning candle which caused the fire

Officials in China have discovered the source of a mysterious fire last week that destroyed 40 electronic bikes.

It was a young boy "obsessed" with martial arts, CGTN reported.

Surveillance footage has revealed that the fire was a result of negligence by a boy who was trying out Kung Fu moves inside what appeared to be a parking complex. CCTV video shows the boy, unsupervised by an adult, lighting up a candle kept on an e-bike. Trying to recreate Kung Fu moves seen on screen, he thrusts his hands towards the candle, presumably to put it out with his palms.

After a few attempts, the Kung Fu enthusiast loses interest and leaves the area without putting out the burning candle.

The bike catches fire and the flames quickly grow bigger, soon spreading across the entire complex.

The mishap occurred on the night of January 1 in northwest China's Hanyin county. Video also shows firemen tackling the huge blaze. The following day, only the charred remains of the bikes were found.

The boy's parents may now have to shell out $15,000 to compensate for the damage done, the police said. No person was reported injured in the incident.

Watch the video here:

Thread: Busted Martial Artists
    Thread: Candle training?

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Yea. I think I've spoken somewhere on the forums about the issue (as I see it) of MA schools operating as day care centers w/o having to go through the same licensing as a day care center needs to have.
    Yes, indeed, we've discussed that idea here before. I agree that regulation of some sort should be enforced, even though it would wreck our economy for a while because it would force so many schools to close or charge more to cover legal registration fees and such.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart