Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Candle training?

Ok seriously I used to do that for fun and to enhance my training , wasnt really taught it per se just read it in a mag somewhere and me and a few other people decided to try it out. Not sure I got the mechanics right but at least i got the candle out on more than one attempt. Just how do you measure it though, is it the exact distance from your fully extended fist to the actual candle or what. I did this in horse stance is this the proper way?

"everything is everything"_W.Rodney

i can do it.

i used to be able to do it from a nice little distance . .. i found it doesnt really take that much practice but it's kinda cool.

where's my beer?

richie. .

i was real serious about it in highschool too.

i did alright with it but it realy hurt my elbows, so i'm not sure that i was doing it right.

i cant do it from as far now, but my joints feel intact.

where's my beer?

Depends on the type of candle. I can knock out a Tae Kwon Do candle from a fair distance away, but those bloody BJJ candles just keep taking me to the mat. :D
    Acutally on a more serious note I used to do it in church until I knocked over the easter candle & smashed it. They only get one a year & it's supposed to last for a year. Man I was not popular. Those things are not cheap, and they are about four feet high.
    So I stopped doing it.

"Forfeit the game
    Before somebody else takes you out of the frame
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face
    You can't run the race
    The pace is too fast,
    You just won't last!"

hey am i the only one in here who can actually light the candle from several inches away ??? :D

This is because THC is not an alkaloid. It does not contain a nitrogen atom, therefore it is a terpenophenolic compound

blowing out a candle

I heard of this before and I always reply the same everytime I hear of someone bragging ( not saying you are ) about themselves or their grandmaster being able to do this.

I could walk up to the candle and blow it out , this works every time without failure.

Goes to show how much time is wasted on doing unproductive things.

If you have amazing chi. Use it to help others don't blow out candles

Stacey Guest
    Richie Z is the man. I also do it for fun, I did it for one of my kung fu testings, but I was just wonering if this was pretty widely used or at least played with.

Carpe Diem.

"Candles don't hit back" Bob Lee in Exit the Dragon

Signed,
    Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

Stacey Guest
    no, but the ribbed ones can be fun.

Carpe Diem.

Stop it guys! You are killing me... :D

blowing candles..? Never tried it, sounds like child games to me :p

~K~
    "maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

Jeff... :D :D :D

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...

Stacey

"No, but the ribbed ones can be fun." I'm saying! I own a couple of ribbed ones. :D

Buby

Yo Dogs ya bes chill
    Cause I flip like sifu Gary and his Yau Kung Mun click, wit two kicks and three pheonix fists
    Trust dukes
    your gonna split from the ging running through the wrist.

well, wouldn't an open hand strike be more effective against the candle...? or maybe a saliva covered finger tip pinch dim mak strike?

A candle, hair and two stupid idiots...

I know a nurse who works the emergency room in NYC. She told me one of the most painful and ridiculous things she has seen was a man with a rather large ‘star’ candle sticking out his arse!

His lover melted the wax and slid the melting candle into his widely stretched buttocks. The candle, comfortably filling the gapping hole, hardened!

A man has HAIR on, in and around his heiny hole!!!

The candle’s wax HELD FAST onto these hairs preventing its removal. WHAT TO DO?!?

A trip to the hospital seemed to be the best idea. I never found out how the candle was removed. But my friend just shook her head in disbelief.

Peace,
    Godzilla