Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Candle training?

uhhh...Nair, then Astro-glide?

Stacey, will you come to my house? :D

In my honest opinion, this is stupid. Excuse me for 5 minutes. :) P.S. Where did you hear that story about me and the NY Emergency room?

"Alright you primative screw heads listen up, see this, this is my BOOM STICK! 12 gauge double barrel Rimington, S-Marts top of the line. You can find this in a sporting goods department. Thats right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails about, 109.95, its got a walnut stock, kolbolt blue steal, and a hair trigger. Thats right, shop smart, shop S-Mart, YOU GOT THAT?!? Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me..." - Bruce Campbell, Army of Darkness.

Stacey Guest
    sure June Ehr, just tell me where you live and give me your phone number.

Why though? Do you live in NJ?

Carpe Diem.

the candle punch..

I was woudering how many people here practice candle punching and at what level you where introduced to it?I did not learn it until much later in my trainning althought I seen it in a few W.C books.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

I tried it as a kid, but messed up and ended up trashing my little brother's birthday cake. Boy, was my Mum furious ...

Seriously, I can't see the value rather than as a diversion. Trying to hit bags or the dummy, or sparmates, would seem to give better, more direct, training results. What attributes does it develop? What attributes which couldn't be better developed by more conventional means?

Unless you're training for no touch knockouts
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

candle punching is similiar to the paper hitting method.The paper method is hader thought.It 's used to develope soft power.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Re: the candle punch..

Originally posted by stonecrusher69
    I was woudering how many people here practice candle punching and at what level you where introduced to it?I did not learn it until much later in my trainning althought I seen it in a few W.C books.

You need to go high tech now a days; tries to do LED light punch. so you cannot blow it off with the mouth or Ki-ai.

It 's used to develope soft power.
    Define "soft power", and explain its value please.

Will soft power allow you to crush stones? or will only hard Qi do that job?
    Last edited by anerlich; 09-07-2004 at 10:28 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

It's simply a crowd pleaser like standing on eggs, laying on a bed of nails, breaking bricks, ect. Bricks can be pre-cut, candles can have timed wicks, standing on eggs and laying on a bed of nails are simply based on physics. These things have nothing to do with real fighting.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

In my best Bruce Lee voice:

Bewy goo, ba candol doe hit bak!

Originally posted by Miles Teg
    In my best Bruce Lee voice:

Bewy goo, ba candol doe hit bak!
    That's hilarious, Miles!

(wasn't that scene really cut out from the original 'Enter the Dragon?)
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Have never done it. My sifu used to have fun with it (i.e. *venerable HK kung fu movie master voice* "behave or you will punch candle for next hour!", inter alia).

However, he did have us punch paper during my "basic training" many moons ago.
    Not a shi-fu, just a pifu.

Candle training?

There are three candle training techniques that I know about. The first one is to stare at a candle for a while in a darkened room. Does this make everyone's eyes start to produce tears, or is it just me? And is this bad for you? Then there's the one where you try to put out a candle with a punch about five inches from the candle. If anyone has any tips on how to do this I'd like to hear, because it seems impossible to me. Then there's the one where you try to direct your chi through your fingers and make a candle move. Does anyone know of any other techniques, or have advice on how to practice these techniques better?

no offense but...

who sold you that? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.