Thread: Looking for a place to spar

Looking for a place to spar

I am looking for a place to "test my skills" sort to speak. I have not been in a sparring match since I was little, Junior high. I am not taking any classes because of time issues. I did study 7* mantis for about 3 years three years ago. I don't have any friends that are martial artists. I just want a place to have little contact sparring matches. Does this place exists? Or should I just go pick fights at bars . Thanks for any suggestions.

Where are you located?

Arlington, texas

If you don't want to go to Cottrell's new location (closer to you than the west side one), I recommend either New World Combat in Fort Worth (near the stockyards), Travis Lutter's (North Richland Hills), or one of the schools in Garland (the town that borders arlington on the south) - there's a hung gar school down there and my buddy's Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Dojo.

I used to train at the New World Combat gym, the coach there (Francisco) is real friendly and open minded when it comes to sparring with more traditional stuff.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

ah thanks, I used to study with sifu Cottrell, but I had to stop because of school and work. I hope to come back and finish my studies there soon. Anyway I am just looking for an informal place to practice sparing whenever I have the time. No class environment. But I will look into the places mentioned thanks.