Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's at fault?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Who's at fault?

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

It was an accident.
    That said, I always thought that, when there is danger of falling from a dangerous height that better fencing is always a good idea.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yea, i basically agree. I wonder at what signs were posted nearby.

the fence doesn't meet any safety standards that I'm aware of but around here we have lots of overlooks on the blue ridge parkway w/ no fencing at all and steep drops of many 10's of feet...call me silly but steep drops mean 'be careful around them'

but, still, if it had been my 3 year old, they would not have been that close to the edge of anything with an obviously inadequate fence w/o a hand in an adults hand.

what got me the most was the parents accusal of the park system w/o any acceptance of culpability on their own part. i think this points to many things including the obvious fact that a lawyer got to them and said they could make some money and the sheeples insistance that somebody else take care of them.

it was an accident, but avoidable, glad the little girl didn't take the fall and thank Zod for the monkey brain that automatically grabs **** when it's scared.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Being a parent, we always look out for our little ones.

wooshi.

I wiped away a cold sweat from my forehead.

guarding angle is looking out for the little one, too.

god bless.

I think there could be a lot of faults here. The fence was clearly not designed for a little kid, BUT it was back far enough form the edge so she didn't tumble down the cliff. This means who ever built it DID think about the placement and positioning of it, and left a little room "Just in case" of a situation like this.

The parents are at fault.

Burn their house!!! Beat Their Mothers!!!

Kung Fu is good for you.

I can't help thinking that somewhere GDA is laughing his ass off.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Blog Entries
    It was all GWB's fault.

That parent is a moron. If you go somewhere with your child that has a 150 foot drop and the fence looks like that, there is no way in hell you should allow them to get that close. "The more I thought about it the angrier I got. There should be a better fence." Guess what, the more I think about it the angrier I get, because your ******* should have realized what that fence looks like and that your 3 year old should never have been told to go over there to take a picture. This mom needs to take responsibility for her actions and not blame "the fence" for her lack of common sense.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Welcome to Obama World, where responsibility for ones actions is a thing of the past.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    yea, i basically agree. I wonder at what signs were posted nearby.

the fence doesn't meet any safety standards that I'm aware of but around here we have lots of overlooks on the blue ridge parkway w/ no fencing at all and steep drops of many 10's of feet...call me silly but steep drops mean 'be careful around them'

but, still, if it had been my 3 year old, they would not have been that close to the edge of anything with an obviously inadequate fence w/o a hand in an adults hand.

what got me the most was the parents accusal of the park system w/o any acceptance of culpability on their own part. i think this points to many things including the obvious fact that a lawyer got to them and said they could make some money and the sheeples insistance that somebody else take care of them.

it was an accident, but avoidable, glad the little girl didn't take the fall and thank Zod for the monkey brain that automatically grabs **** when it's scared.
    Most accidents are preventable.
    As parents we are always responsible for out children.
    Doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't hurt the municipality of that area to make that place safer, especially in a country as "lawsuit friendly" as the US.
    Is the correct term litigious?

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Welcome to Obama World, where responsibility for ones actions is a thing of the past.
    Didn't GWB already set the precedent awhile ago?

Ok.... so Rogue thinks Obama's at fault.

Here's a notion: perhaps stuff just happens.

Consider this - the little girl wasn't LEANING on the railing. She was standing in front of it. She wasn't really doing anything THAT irresponsible, just posing for a family video.

Yes, the parents could have had the girl on a tether.
    Yes, the underfunded park could have used more of the money they don't have because the "taxuz r badz" idiots have gutted the state to build a safer fence.

But, at the end of the day, what I saw was an unpredictable accident where a little child just happened to lose equilibrium at the worst possible moment.

If it hadn't been life-threatening stick a voiceover from Bob Saget on it and you have a candidate for "America's Funniest Home Videos".
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Consider this - the little girl wasn't LEANING on the railing. She was standing in front of it. She wasn't really doing anything THAT irresponsible, just posing for a family video.

Yes, the underfunded park could have used more of the money they don't have because the "taxuz r badz" idiots have gutted the state to build a safer fence.

But, at the end of the day, what I saw was an unpredictable accident where a little child just happened to lose equilibrium at the worst possible moment.

If it hadn't been life-threatening stick a voiceover from Bob Saget on it and you have a candidate for "America's Funniest Home Videos".

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Is the correct term litigious?
    Yes.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post

Yes.
    The girl was attempting to sit, which is why she fell. My issue is with mom saying "I am mad blah blah blah." Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. Loser.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.