Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: I want my vote back

OT: I want my vote back

Greetings,

There has been much talk about Hillary Clinton being Secretary of State. I thought this incoming administration was about change.

I WANT MY VOTE BACK STAT!!!!!

mickey

your vote didn't matter anyway...

How old are you mickey?

You must not be too old or you haven't paid much attention to politics. Politicians always lie, or stretch the truth, to get your vote! They will promise you the sun in the sky, if necessary, to get elected. This is common knowledge.

It is a rare politician who keeps his promises! Sometimes it is because they are liars, other times it is because once they are in office they find they cannot do it.

Obama is a liar! It was obvious from the start, but then so is McCain so we would have been screwed either way!

When faced with two evils, choose the lesser evil!

When you can distinguish the lesser from the greater, that is!

Blog Entries
    As long as he doesn't follow GWB's footsteps, it's "CHANG" by definition. After the last 8 years that we had, no matter what the new policy will be, it will always be better for people in US.

Greetings,

How old am I? I **** dust.

I can see it now.

Hillary Clinton coming back from Japan: I was standing amongst a throng of Japanese children fully expecting to be taken down by enemy fire at any given moment.

Hillary Clinton coming back from Great Britain: I was standing amongst a throng of British children fully expecting to be taken down by enemy fire at any given moment.

Hillary Clinton in the Oval Office: I was standing in my thong fully expecting to be taken down by enema fire at any given moment. Oops, did I say thong? I, uhh, misspoke.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

There has been much talk about Hillary Clinton being Secretary of State. I thought this incoming administration was about change.

I WANT MY VOTE BACK STAT!!!!!

mickey
    overreact much?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    As long as he doesn't follow GWB's footsteps, it's "CHANG" by definition. After the last 8 years that we had, no matter what the new policy will be, it will always be better for people in US.
    Reply]
    Not if he starts taxing all the wealthy people who provide us all with JOBS!!!!!

If he makes THEM poor, then who is going to be around to give us work?

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Reply]
    Not if he starts taxing all the wealthy people who provide us all with JOBS!!!!!

If he makes THEM poor, then who is going to be around to give us work?
    Yeah, the wealthy like Mulally, Nardelli, and Wagoner, who do so well with their companies and provide jobs for so many people. Oops, they need a bailout and go to congress in their G4's with their hand's cupped. Then they say they'll have to lay off thousands while the roundtrip flights cost $20,000.

Those guys?

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

[sarcasm]And I'm so sure that the centerist Obama is going to just tax those people into the poor house! [/sarcasm]
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

We keep hearing how raising Corporate Taxes will kill the economy, the only thing to do is to cut Corporate Taxes so the effects 'trickle down' to the regular folk.

Guess what? The economy is dead right now, and it is even though Bush had already cut Corporate Taxes 4 years ago! Where the hell are the trickle down effect's of this?

“I signed a bill that’s going to help our manufacturers — that will save $77 billion over the next 10 years for the manufacturing sector of America,” Bush said. “That will help keep jobs here.”
    Great job Dubya!

-David

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    [sarcasm]And I'm so sure that the centerist Obama is going to just tax those people into the poor house! [/sarcasm]
    Reply]
    I don't care about them, what about the bodyshop owner who is going to have to let someone go because he can't afford the taxes he's got to pay. It's bad enough tat insurance companies rape them.

The new administration is talking about adding a gas tax so significant that it will make gas $3.50 a gallon when it's $2.36 now.

What about the small construction company that goes under, because Obama wants to tax the crap out of the owner for making too much money? Where are all his roofers, carpenters, concrete guys and laborers supposed to work then?

What about all the little trucking companies who who have been pushed to the edge from all the extreme fuel prices and cannot afford to stay in business if they have to pay anymore taxes? Where are all those truck drivers going to go then?

I will tell you, they will be UNEMPLOYED!!

Why, because idiots have jealous grudges against people who are successful in life?

What we need right now, is massive deregulation, get the government OFF everyone's back, and we need to get the tax code under controll. It has been excessive to the point that companies cannot afford to do business in the US, and must leave for China, India and other places if they are to survive. We need to drastically lower taxes for EVERYONE, not just the rich, or the middle class (the poor already only pay sales tax).

The government are a bunch of rich, greedy power hungry controll freaks that will and are oppressing us in every way they can. They DON'T care about you, and they don't think twice about F'n you when it pleases them. Big corporations at least provide good paying jobs, vacations, health benefits, 401Ks and other things for MILLIONS of people.

Everyone calls the corporations evil, but they are the ONLY ones feeding the people on a massive, massive scale. The GOVERNMENT on the other hand 9outside of the small fraction of government workers) does little more than TAKE what we earn and give it to lazy slouches, many of which are well off from working the black market (drug dealing) anyway.

Guess what? The economy is dead right now, and it is even though Bush had already cut Corporate Taxes 4 years ago! Where the hell are the trickle down effect's of this?

Reply]
    That is because of several factors.

1. The Clinton admin forcing banks to give loans to people who can't afford it under threat of penallty if they didn't. These Democrat forced loans were then sold to Fanni mae, and Freddi mac who fradulantly sold them as securities too investors without disclosing the fact that the loans were infact bad and the paper was actually worthless. THIS is what most directly caused this problem in the first place.

2. Any tax cuts we have seen so far were just superficial in order to buy support, and votes. They have only been a scratch in the surface of what really needs to be done to get this country back to where it was when we were prosperous.

Corporations pay THIRTY TWO PERCENT!!!! Even with tax breaks and loop holes they don't get down anywhere near what we pay (and we pay twice + of what we should), AND they must also pay HALF the taxes that thier employees owe tooo!!

Taxes have been way too high since Bush I, and have bee steadily going up ever since. We are *Supposed* to be the freest country in the word, but we have the SECOND highest tax rate of any nation on earth. The Government forced social Security pays at best a few hundred bucks a MONTH when you retire, yet they forcible STEAL money out of our checks our whole lives. You NEVER GET more than a small fraction of it back.

Our government is F'n us up the ass so much that cumm is coming out our ears...and people like you think the corporations that give us all jobs, and bennifts and retirement plans(many match our contributions, btw) are the evil ones?

How on earth can your mind possibly think like that?
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 11-20-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Reply]
    2. Any tax cuts we have seen so far were just superficial in order to buy support, and votes. They have only been a scratch in the surface of what really needs to be done to get this country back to where it was when we were prosperous.

Corporations pay THIRTY TWO PERCENT!!!! Even with tax breaks and loop holes they don't get down anywhere near what we pay (and we pay twice + of what we should), AND they must also pay HALF the taxes that thier employees owe tooo!!

I agree we pay too much in taxes now, the whole government should be on a pay freeze until it gets sorted out.

However, I would hardly call this superficial:
    WASHINGTON - With no fanfare, President Bush Friday signed the most sweeping rewrite of corporate tax law in nearly two decades, showering $136 billion in new tax breaks on businesses, farmers and other groups.

Intended to end a bitter trade war with Europe, the election-year measure was described by supporters as critically necessary to aid beleaguered manufacturers who have suffered 2.7 million lost jobs over the past four years.
    So, back in '04 we gave Big Corporations $136 billion in tax cuts. This was supposed to inspire trickle-down effects. How long do we have to wait for these effects if they do in fact work?

And now, in '08, we have the largest unemployment rate in 14 years.

Instead of a partisan thing, we should 'fire' everyone in office and start all over. There has to be a better way than what we have now.

-David

Our government is F'n us up the ass so much that cumm is coming out our ears...and people like you think the corporations that give us all jobs, and bennifts and retirement plans(many match our contributions, btw) are the evil ones?

How on earth can your mind possibly think like that?
    I don't think all corporations are evil. I think the head's of the big 3 auto makers are complete idiots for flying private jets to a meeting where they ask for $25 billion. And being idiots, I don't think we should give them that money.

Thinking that Corporations should pay their fair share is not too crazy....

Making $40 billion IN PROFIT and then asking not to pay taxes is, in my opinion, evil.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    I don't think all corporations are evil. I think the head's of the big 3 auto makers are complete idiots for flying private jets to a meeting where they ask for $25 billion. And being idiots, I don't think we should give them that money.

Thinking that Corporations should pay their fair share is not too crazy....

Making $40 billion IN PROFIT and then asking not to pay taxes is, in my opinion, evil.

-David
    Reply]
    I don't think they should not pay taxes at all, but they shouldn't be paying more than us, especially since there are the ones who provide us with work, and pay checks. There should be greater incentive to do that, not punishment.

You know who I WOULD tax greatly though? International corporations based OUTSIDE of the US. If they have branches operating here, then those branches should see high taxes. That way AMERICAN companies, would have the opportunities that should be ours by birth right.