Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: I want my vote back

Most of the stats I am reading show that truck and SUV sales dropped much more than car sales.

From 2006:

GM, the world’s largest automaker, said its sales fell 22.2 percent, with trucks falling 31.2 percent and cars inching down 2.7 percent.

At Ford, sales of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles fell 35.2 percent. Truck sales plummeted 44.8 percent, while cars slipped 6.7 percent. Sales of F-Series pickup trucks, long the country’s best-selling vehicle and the company’s most important vehicle, shot down 45.6 percent.

DaimlerChrysler’s Chrysler Group said its sales fell 37.4 percent, with truck sales off 40 percent and car sales off 23.5 percent. That change happened despite the fact that Chrysler, alone among automakers, has revived the employee price promotion that fueled sales last year.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Where did you get that info ?
    It [The F-150] was the best-selling vehicle in the United States for 23 years and has been the best-selling truck for 31 years

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...res/index.html

Also, analysts estimate that the F-Series alone makes up half of the Ford Motor Company's profits in recent years.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

The Japanese auto makers do recieve government subsidies in the form of health care.

I'm looking for a link (as I don't provide unsourced data, unlike others), but I'm about certain some have been bailed out in the past. Mitsubishi was not even a vehicle company in the past, they produced weaponry for the Japanese military (most notable the 'Zero' fighter plane). Also, they did use slave labor during WWII.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Mitsubishi was not even a vehicle company in the past, they produced weaponry for the Japanese military (most notable the 'Zero' fighter plane). Also, they did use slave labor during WWII.
    So, what's the point? Ford was a huge Nazi sympathizer and backed Hitler...GM was run by the same family that had an 80% share in Opel ....

Dig deep enough and you'll find everyone has skeletons in their closets...

The problem is what do we do about it now?

No one seems to be able to answer my question about trickle-down theory - GW had given Corporate Tax breaks to the tune of $136 billion back in 2004. Why are there no trickle down effects of this now- in fact we have the highest unemployment figures in 16 years today ( people receiving unemployment benefits - even more people out of work who don't get benefits).

Since you are so inclined to give us your thoughts 1bad, what would you do?

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

He'll blame Clinton or Carter...

Betcha!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Actually, Clinton is at fault. It was his programs that set up todays banking crisis by forcing banks to give loans to poor people who could not afford to repay them.

No matter how much you cut taxes, it won't over come something that overwhelming.

Although, I do feel the Bush tax cuts were not anywhere near enough.

The Japanese auto makers do recieve government subsidies in the form of health care.

I'm looking for a link (as I don't provide unsourced data, unlike others), but I'm about certain some have been bailed out in the past. Mitsubishi was not even a vehicle company in the past, they produced weaponry for the Japanese military (most notable the 'Zero' fighter plane). Also, they did use slave labor during WWII.
    Dude, grasping at straws much?
    We are talking about TODAY, right NOW and how to fix things NOW.
    Who cares what happened decades ago, seriously.

It [The F-150] was the best-selling vehicle in the United States for 23 years and has been the best-selling truck for 31 years

Also, analysts estimate that the F-Series alone makes up half of the Ford Motor Company's profits in recent years.
    And yet, now...twat.

You do realize that article was dated May 2007, right? What was tru 18 months ago is not nessisarily true now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Actually, Clinton is at fault. It was his programs that set up todays banking crisis by forcing banks to give loans to poor people who could not afford to repay them.

No matter how much you cut taxes, it won't over come something that overwhelming.

So, if Clinton was to blame for all that is bad right now and he certainly can't be blamed fro all that was good during his 8 YEARS, I guess that GWB did nothing other than go to War with Iraq for...what was that again???
    Oh that;s right, those reason keep changing.
    Never mind that then.

What ever happenrd to to ol "buck stops here" view?

Actually, Clinton is at fault. It was his programs that set up todays banking crisis by forcing banks to give loans to poor people who could not afford to repay them..
    hmmmmm.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW9vi...eature=related
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

So if we can't impose sweeping tarriffs and you want to drastically decrease taxes, where do we get the money to pay down national debt? Or are you still ignoring my comments on page 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

When Taxes are low, commerce runs free. With more and more businesses prospering, there are a significant increase in the number of sources providing tax money to the gubernment. because of this, they actually have an increase in tax revenues.

It sort of like selling something cheap, and ending up making vastly more money on the volume.

As for the comment on Bush, he's a liberal republican, and he sux too. also, the programs of the Clinton admin SHOULD have been taken apart during the Bush admin, but were not. The Pres, and congress of the last 8 years are at fault for doing nothing.

That still does not change the fact that the Clinton Admin CAUSED the problem in the first place.

I said Clinton would ruin the country when he ran for Prez the first time. Looks like I was right.

Sorry Becca, no answer 4u!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

OK, so then how much should it have been?

Are you not against the bailouts? How is a multi-hundred billion dollar bailout different from a multi-hundred billion dollar tax break?

-Davi
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.