Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official, Mac's Safari sux

It's official, Mac's Safari sux

To continue the MAC VS PC argument, I have just discovered that my laptop has Safari installed on it. It's probably been there since i bought it, and I never noticed.

I honestly didn't know what it was until I clicked on it today.

To be fair, I decided to use Safari all day to give it a test run. I have to say, it's not a bad browzer. It's certainly on par with Windows Internet explorer, only with the added spell check feature.

Firefox, however, still blows them both away (both combined i might add), so you won't see me changing any time soon.

Anyway, that is my report, you may return to your regularly scheduled Kung Fu vs MMA argument.

RD

ie7, netscape9, firefox, and flock are basically all the same browser. Mozilla.

just different plugins and addons make the difference. Under the hood they are same same.

Google chrome I found to be...lacking. Same for Opera and Conqueror.
    I never tried safari.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    ie7, netscape9, firefox, and flock are basically all the same browser. Mozilla.

just different plugins and addons make the difference. Under the hood they are same same.

Google chrome I found to be...lacking. Same for Opera and Conqueror.
    I never tried safari.
    Reply]
    Google Chrome sux big time. I tried it before, and it lasted for about 45 minutes before I got rid of it and went back to Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Are you sure IE7 is Mozilla?
    It's mozilla 4. Basically they are all going to align to the same thing.

as computers become more ubiquitous and the internet is in everyones home and eventually taken for granted...

well, think George Orwell. lol

the only way out of being under some form of constant surveillance will be to remove yourself from the grid completely and do you realize how hard that is to do even now?

No phone, no income, no bills, no home no nothing. It is very hard.

In the future, every single thing you do from the beginning of your life until it ends will be recorded, stored and accessed.

Half way there now with internet, cellphones and people who think social networking is "cool" for finding restaurants and what not. what they really are is data compilation front ends that people willfully give up their privacy to in order to know that their friend or acquaintance is now enjoying a hot cup of tea or about to take a shower or is watching a show.

I'm getting old and will be dead and gone before the total big brother scenario is happening, but it will come, it will come.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Another thing that Sux about Safari, I have been getting all sorts of popups since i have run it today. My system NEVER get Pop ups!! Now I run a MAC product, and suddenly I am flooded with them.....

So you say Safari sucks?

But you say:
    To be fair, I decided to use Safari all day to give it a test run. I have to say, it's not a bad browzer. It's certainly on par with Windows Internet explorer, only with the added spell check feature.
    Strange man.

But yeah, Firefox wins.

BTW LOL at David: who gives a **** if people know where I eat or compile stats on me? It's another sky-is-falling Big Brother paranoia non-starter to me. Some aspects of privacy are important.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I'm going to guess that if you didn't even know you had it and it's been on there since you bought the computer then it's not a current version (and probably a very early version). I'm also going to guess that you use an up-to-date version of Firefox and IE7, so your comparison isn't really valid. It's like comparing Firefox 3 with IE5. If you want to make a fair comparison, I'd suggest downloading a new version of Safari.

Disclaimer: I've never used Safari.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Another thing that Sux about Safari, I have been getting all sorts of popups since i have run it today. My system NEVER get Pop ups!! Now I run a MAC product, and suddenly I am flooded with them.....
    I usually use Firefox, but Safari does have a "block pop-ups" option under the "Safari" menu.
    I use Safari on the mini, don't know why. Easier to d/l Youtube videos with Safari, I think.

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

I did find the popup block option, but it was already checked.

I suppose getting the latest version would be more fair.

I suppose getting the latest version would be more fair.
    Firefox still wins hands-down.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

saying MAC sucks because safari sucks, is like saying PC sucks because IE sucks... both systems native browsers blow, luckily firefox is available for both systems so it seems like a fairly invalid argument against mac as a whole. Equally i would say it would be an invalid argument against PC to look at IE and say "look pc's suck"
    Ron Paul '08

http://myspace.com/ronpaul2008

Hope for America!

Speed

Firefox has more features, but Safari's saving grace is SPEED. I reckon its the fastest startup and page render going.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    But you say:Strange man.

But yeah, Firefox wins.

BTW LOL at David: who gives a **** if people know where I eat or compile stats on me? It's another sky-is-falling Big Brother paranoia non-starter to me. Some aspects of privacy are important.
    how much of yours are you willing to give up?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Comparative Testing Criteria

To continue the MAC VS PC argument, I have just discovered that my laptop has Safari installed on it. It's probably been there since i bought it, and I never noticed.

I honestly didn't know what it was until I clicked on it today.

Firefox, however, still blows them both away (both combined i might add), so you won't see me changing any time soon.

Anyway, that is my report, you may return to your regularly scheduled Kung Fu vs MMA argument.

RD
    Any browser loading any page for the very first time will be slower than another which has the webpage parts cached...but a smart guy like you would know that.

What were the criteria (other than your obvious bias) used to make your determination?

- jo