Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Seagal: Lawman

Steven Seagal: Lawman

I'm just gonna post this here and let it ride. Y'all know how I feel about Seagal.
    A&E and Seagal put viewers under siege

By Kimberly Nordyke

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Steven Seagal is heading to the small screen, signing to star in a reality series for A&E that will chronicle his little-known life in law enforcement.

Segal, an actor and martial arts expert with a seventh-degree black belt in aikido, has been working as a fully commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana for the past 20 years. In addition to going out on patrol, Seagal is said to be an expert marksman who has worked with the Jefferson Parish SWAT team and has instructed officers in firearms and hand-to-hand combat.

"Steven Seagal: Lawman" will follow Seagal and a team of deputies as they respond to crimes in progress and also focus on Seagal's off-duty ventures, including musical performances and philanthropic efforts in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans.

"I believe it's important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisiana -- to see the passion and commitment that comes from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in this post-Katrina environment," Seagal said of his decision to do the series.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Seagal versus Dog

I crossed paths with Dog in HI a few years ago. I was on a bus in Honolulu's Chinatown and he gets on with a camera crew behind him. At the time, I didn't know who he was. He searched the bus rather dramatically and left abruptly. It was so absurd my kid was all like "who was that clown?" Later that evening, we were channel surfing and we saw the show for the first time. It was very surreal.
    A&E reality suits Steven Seagal
    'Lawman' slated for late 2009 bow
    By MIKE FLAHERTY

Steven Seagal can now add "reality TV lead" to his resume, as A&E is in production on nonfiction skein "Steven Seagal: Lawman" in New Orleans.

According to the net, Seagal has been working on and off as a fully commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish County Sheriff's Office for nearly two decades. One of his stints found him assisting with recovery efforts during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

"Lawman" also will document his life off the beat, including his musical and philanthropic activities in the Big Easy.

Seagal toplined a series of successful actioners in the '90s, most profitably in the "Under Siege" couplet. His Warner Bros. contract was not renewed in 1997; since then he has appeared mostly in straight-to-video projects and exclusively so since 2003. Most recently, he wrote and starred in "Kill Switch" for First Look Intl.; it bowed on Oct. 7.

The pickup occurs amid A&E's plan to resurrect another '90s stalwart, Patrick Swayze, in FBI drama "The Beast," which will bow in January.

"I decided to work with A&E on this series now because I believe it's important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisiana," Seagal said of the new venture.

Seagal "helps fight crime because he cares about the community," said Robert Sharenow, A&E's senior veep of nonfiction and alternative programming. "Lawman" is skedded for a late 2009 bow.
    Steven Seagal Gets a Real Badge, Reality Show
    Today 11:55 AM PST by Josh Grossberg

Steven Seagal is out for justice again...this time for realsies.

The erstwhile big-screen action hero has become an honest-to-goodness crimefighter in New Orleans, a gig he's ready to share with the TV-viewing public.

His movie career mired in the direct-to-DVD dustbin, Seagal, 57, has now been deputized by the Jefferson Parish County Sheriff's Office, and he's preparing a Cops-like reality series for A&E that documents his efforts to clean up the Big Easy. The show is set to premiere in late 2009.

We're just waiting for the inevitable programming block of Steven Seagal: Lawman and Dog the Bounty Hunter. TiVos set for stunned.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Seagal is becoming a parady of himself.
    I know recall why I never watch "reality" TV.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I crossed paths with Dog in HI a few years ago. I was on a bus in Honolulu's Chinatown and he gets on with a camera crew behind him. At the time, I didn't know who he was. He searched the bus rather dramatically and left abruptly. It was so absurd my kid was all like "who was that clown?" Later that evening, we were channel surfing and we saw the show for the first time. It was very surreal.
    It seems to me if you're a bounty hunter trying to catch criminals, it would be counterproductive to tramp around with a camera crew and, probably worse, Dog's loud and distinctive dress/appearance. I find it kinda funny that before he catches his perps, he often refers to them as "b***h", "m**f**r", etc. But after they've caught him/her, he acts like they're all best buddies and preaches religion to them. I got tired of it after awhile.

the Seagal Train rolls on ...

or is it a train wreck?

I was at the grocery store and did a double take after seeing this on the shelf: Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt

I get the feeling he will not rest until he's permeated every aspect of the entertainment industry ... gotta admit the guy's persistent and diversified!
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao View Post
    ... gotta admit the guy's persistent and diversified!
    Like herpes.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

a preview

Steven Seagal: Lawman: Coming Soon
    The trailer is on youtube.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

LOL !
    He is still one big SOB !
    It would be way cool to get arrested by SS !
    " hey, I got your movies on DVD, you're fatter in person..."

Hmmm.....a man with a history of spousal abuse is now a LAWMAN!!!

That inspires confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

beat me to it!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

LOL! Hey.....be careful how you say that.....I never touched you, much less beat you!

Chuck Norris is a Texas Ranger too. He even took part in a drug sweep that collected and arrested 1% of the population of Terrell, Texas a few years ago. And it is a fair sized town too. they gots good dope there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

does that mean he already fits the profile of a certain type of LAWMEN 'serving' the public

apparently hes been a cop for 20 years
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Greetings,

I saw this flick. Seagal struggles with the Louisiana accent. To make things worse he uses a stunt double and it is painfully obvious. I think he is best when he is in total control of the fight choreography. It did not appear to be so in this movie. This movie appears to be more of a contract obligation.

My favorite Seagal flicks are:

Glimmer Man: I liked it because Seagal used Wing Chun in his choreography and I so totally enjoyed watching Keenan Ivory Wayans get beat up. It was wonderful. He took that beat down as if that kind of stuff happened to him every day while growing up in Harlem.

Fire Down Below: I liked it because Seagal used Bagua in his choreography.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    does that mean he already fits the profile of a certain type of LAWMEN 'serving' the public

apparently hes been a cop for 20 years
    Well maybe not as bad as....... HIM!!