Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Martial Arts World Records and Stunts

178 martial arts kicks in 60 seconds by a pair (female)

JAN. 12, 2022 / 3:53 PM

By Ben Hooper

Ontario martial artists Silvana Shamuon and Hannah Wright set a Guinness World Record by completing a total 178 martial arts kicks in 60 seconds. Photo courtesy of Guinness World Records
    Jan. 12 (UPI) -- An Ontario martial artist broke her second Guinness World Record by teaming up with a student to perform 178 kicks in 60 seconds.

Silvana Shamuon, 28, who previously set a Guinness record by kicking footballs off of people's heads in 2016, teamed up with student Hannah Wright, 15, to take on the record for most martial arts kicks by a pair in 1 minute (female).

Shamuon, an instructor at Shamuon Generation of Martial Arts in Waterloo and Hotshot Athletic in Cambridge, alternated kicks with Wright and the pair finished with a total 178, beating the previous record of 144.

"I'm always looking at Guinness for ideas, and I saw that one and was like 'Hmm, I think I could do this with Hannah.' It was honestly just the luck of the search," Shamuon told The Record newspaper. "Words cannot express the amount of pride that I felt for Hannah. For a teenager, she was amazing the entire way."
    Congrats Silvana Shamuon and Hannah Wright!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Smashing the maximum number of coconuts on heads with a nunchaku in a minute

Indian man smashes 42 coconuts on heads with nunchaku in a minute, sets Guinness World Record
    Trending
    Published on Oct 02, 2022 03:16 PM IST

A man from India sets Guinness World Record for smashing the maximum number of coconuts on heads with a nunchaku in a minute.

The image shows KV Saidalavi, who hails from India, smashing coconuts on heads with a nunchaku to achieve a Guinness World Record. (Twitter/@gwr)

By Arfa Javaid
    India is home to several Guinness World Records, and there is now the latest inclusion to this list. Recently, a man from Karnataka's Mudur bagged the world record title for smashing the maximum number of coconuts on heads with a nunchaku in a minute. The bizarre world record has stunned people and may have the same effect on you.
    Guinness World Records shared the video on Twitter with the caption, "New record: Most coconuts on heads smashed with a nunchaku in one minute - 42 by KV Saidalavi (India). He starts slow, but once he gets going there is no stopping." The video shows KV Saidalavi smashing coconuts kept on the heads of several volunteers with nunchaku. The text insert on the screen reveals that the coconuts used in the world record attempt were distributed for eating, and some pieces were used to make coconut oil.
    According to a blog by Guinness World Records, Saidalavi practices the Kalaripayattu martial art and trains for two hours every day.
    Martial-Arts-World-Records-and-Stunts
    Indian-Martial-Arts
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

He smashed coconuts off their heads! - @Guinness World Records

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips