Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts World Records and Stunts

Guinness World Record Tai Chi Robots

More than a thousand dancing robots break world record
    By Daniel Uria | Aug. 18, 2017 at 12:03 PM

About 1,069 dancing robots completed a synchronized dancing routine to claim a Guinness World Record for "Most robots dancing simultaneously."Screen capture/Guinness World Record/YouTube

Aug. 18 (UPI) -- More than a thousand robots performed a choreographed dance routine together to set a world record in China.

The 1,069 "Dobi" robots, produced by WL Intelligent Technology Co. Ltd, completed the synchronized performance in Guangzhou, Guangdong, to claim the Guinness World Record for "Most robots dancing simultaneously."

A few of the robots accidentally toppled over during the performance and were deducted from the final total.

All of the robots were programmed via a singular group control system and are able to talk, do Tai Chi and perform several other actions in addition to dancing.

WL Intelligent Technology topped the record of 1,007 dancing robots, previously held by fellow Chinese company Ever Win Company & Ltd.

Which Colossal Death Robot are you? The Tai Chi Robots that set Martial Arts World Record?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    That`s how it all starts, lol. everyone thought the railroad was cool then boom ww1 then they were like the airplane would bring out an era of peace in 1920, ww2.

They do look cute though. With all the protests in the news it freaks me out to think what it will be like in 40 years when every one has battle drones.

I don't know what to call this stunt...

...I don't even know what the application is, but it's kinda cool. There's a vid behind the link.

Unbelievable moment Chinese martial artist pulls a one-ton van with a string tied round his waist while walking ON HIS HANDS
    A Chinese martial artist performed an impressive stunt on the street of China
    He pulled a one-ton van by a rope tied to his waist and walked with his hands
    The white minivan was dragged along for about 30 feet as the man advanced
    By Tiffany Lo For Mailonline
    PUBLISHED: 11:56 EDT, 19 September 2017 | UPDATED: 12:04 EDT, 19 September 2017

This is the incredible moment a Chinese man performed a stunt as he pulled a van with a string tied around waist.

The footage, captured on September 8, shows the man, believed to be a martial artist, walking on his hands while dragging a white minivan in south-west China.

The man walked on his hands for about 10 metres (32.8 feet) without falling.

A Chinese martial artist performed an impressive handstand as he made a vehicle move

The video flip is believed to be taken in Kunming, Yunnan Province.
    A man in black can be seen tying a string around his waist before making a handstand in front of a white minivan.
    The white van's doors are open, suggesting no passengers were inside the vehicle.

He walked upside down for about 30 feet with a string connecting his waist and the van

There were no passengers or drivers steering inside the van as the stunt was carried out

The van is said to weight about 1,000 kilogram (1.1 ton).
    Soon the martial artist started to pull the minivan and walked forward.
    The minivan moved and followed behind, demonstrating the man's strength to pull a heavy vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    That`s how it all starts, lol.
    I know, right? We cannot teach Kung Fu to robots. That would lead to our complete undoing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

New world record for smashing walnuts with bare hands set in China

302 walnuts smashed by Li Weijun’s bare hand in 55.87 seconds.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Cai Mingyong

Chinese tai chi master sets record for bearing heaviest load while suspended
    by Chi Dehua Apr 17, 2018 13:28 MARTIAL ARTS WUHAN

A Chinese tai chi master has set a world record for balancing the heaviest load on a human abdomen while hanging in the air.

Cai Mingyong, 42, successfully held a 90 kg weight on his stomach for ten seconds while lying across two raised pillars, Sohu reports.

"It is the first world record for a person carrying such a heavy load with his stomach," stated Zuzana Pavlonova, the certification officer from the London-based World Record Certification Agency (WRCA), who witnessed Cai's challenge in Wuhan, the capital city of Hubei Province.

Cai, who has suffered from poor health since childhood, has been practicing tai chi for more than 20 years and created his own 'Tianxing Lie Gong' style, which means 'carrying weight on the abdomen while suspending one's body in the air'.

Cai said that "China has a history of more than 5,000 years and a rich culture. I have achieved something by digging only a little from it...We should really feel confident and proud of our culture," according to Caidian News, a local media outlet.

Tai chi, also known as shadow boxing, is traditionally an internal Chinese martial art featuring relatively slow movements, but is practiced more for its health benefits these days.

The WRCA is not affiliated with Guinness World Records in any way.

Chi Dehua has been a staff editor at GBTIMES since 2013. She covers foreign affairs, business and culture.
    Threads:
    Martial Arts World Records and Stunts
    Tai Chi with a weight
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

8,212 person TKD demo

Thousands take part in largest Taekwondo display in South Korea to promote peace
    By Rachel Swatman Published 07 June 2018

A breathtaking martial arts display took place recently at the National Assembly Grounds in Seoul, South Korea, in the run up to the first inter-Korean summit.

The event broke the Guinness World Records title for the Largest Taekwondo display, with a staggering 8,212 people taking part.

Before taking on the official attempt in front of Guinness World Records adjudicator Raymond Marshall and hundreds of stewards, the group had two practice performances to perfect the routine.

The expertly-choreographed demonstration lasted for 10 minutes, with all the participants wearing traditional Taekwondo attire.

The event was organised by The National Assembly Taekwondo Federation, Brand & Company Co. Ltd. and Christian Television System Co LTD.

GuinnessWorldRecords

@GWR
    8,212 young and old martial arts learners and pros took part in this huge #Taekwondo display in South Korea > http://bit.ly/GWR-TaekwondoDisplay … 🥋

05:45 - 7 Jun 2018
    See Guinness World Records's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    Taekwondo originated in Korea and the organisations wished to promote the sport and encourage peace between the neighbouring nations.

Both young and old attended the event. Their enjoyment and determination was evident, as only around 150 people out of the thousands participating were disqualified for not taking part in the display correctly within the record guidelines.

Lee Sang-min, the CEO of Brand & Company, commented: "Although the success of the Guinness World Records title has its own significance, Taekwondo – which was born in the divided country – gathered people in one place to realise that one spirit has contributed in birthing a new global, cultural sport."

"Taekwondo has played an important role in bringing South and North Korea together, with the symbol of peace for the future."

The attempt was broadcast on Korean news channel YTM and will appear in an upcoming documentary about Taekwondo in Korea.

This new record is more than seven times higher than the previous one, which was achieved by J R International Taekwondo Academy & Indian Martial Arts Academy Team in a spectacular display by 1,152 participants, back in 2016.

Largest Taekwondo display: Certificate presentation

Check out many more spectacular and impressive martial arts records on
    THREADS:
    Taekwondo
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Cool find HSK!

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon sets world record for having 1,191 kids practicing CLF
    I'm copying this off our Cheung Hung Sing: Founder of Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut Kung Fu and adding it to our Martial Arts World Records and Stunts thread.

成功创造世界纪录!1191佛山娃齐打蔡李佛拳
    发表日期:2018-07-04 09:54 文章来源:佛山日报分享至:

1191名幼儿演练蔡李佛拳法,成功创造“世界上最多幼儿集体演练传统蔡李佛拳法”世界纪录。

6月30日,由佛山真武馆、佛山市童星教育集团联合举办的“世界上最多幼儿集体演练传统蔡李佛拳法”世 界纪录挑战活动在南风古灶举行。现场1191名幼儿齐打蔡李佛拳,得到世界纪录协会的官方认证,成功创造世 界纪录。

当日10时,尽管天气非常炎热,孩子们依然精神抖擞。1191名幼儿在老师的带领下,出拳踢腿,一招一 式打得有板有眼,精气神十足。据了解,孩子们打的是由佛山真武馆与佛山市童星教育集团编排的“蔡李佛少儿武 术操”。该套武术操既考虑少儿学习演练的需要,又充分保留了蔡李佛拳的特色手法和步型。

在1191名幼儿打完“蔡李佛少儿武术操”后,世界纪录协会相关负责人现场宣布“世界上最多幼儿集体演 练传统蔡李佛拳法”世界纪录挑战成功,并向主办方颁发世界纪录证书。

佛山真武馆馆长霍泽文表示,希望这次成功挑战世界纪录能在佛山地区乃至全球华人社区产生积极反响,让佛 山优秀传统文化发扬光大,借此擦亮“佛山功夫”名片,让佛山本土特色文化走向世界,为佛山打造“世界功夫之 城”的建设工作贡献一分力量。

(责任编辑:fstyj_zjt)
    goog trans
    Successfully set a world record! 1191 Foshan Wazi fights Cai Li Buddha
    Published date: 2018-07-04 09:54 Source: Foshan Daily shared to:

1191 children practiced Cai Li's fist boxing method and successfully created the world record of "the world's most children's collective exercise traditional Cai Li Buddha boxing method".

On June 30th, the World Record Challenge of the “World's Largest Children's Collective Exercises Traditional Cai Li Buddha Boxing” jointly organized by Foshan Zhenwu Museum and Foshan Tongxing Education Group was held in Nanfeng Guzao. At the scene, 1,191 children were beaten by Cai Li, and they were officially certified by the World Record Association and successfully set a world record.

At 10 o'clock on the same day, the children were still energetic despite the hot weather. Under the leadership of the teacher, 1191 children kicked their fists, and they were able to play with their own eyes and spirits. It is understood that the children are playing the "Cai Li Fo Children's Martial Arts Exercise" compiled by Foshan Zhenwu Museum and Foshan Tongxing Education Group. This set of martial arts exercises not only considers the needs of children's learning exercises, but also fully retains the unique techniques and steps of Cai Li's Buddhist fist.

After 1191 children finished the "Cai Li Fo Children's Wushu Exercises", the relevant person in charge of the World Record Association announced on the scene that "the world's most children's collective exercise traditional Cai Li Buddha boxing" world record challenge was successful, and issued a world record certificate to the organizers.

Huo Zewen, director of the Foshan Zhenwu Museum, expressed the hope that this successful challenge to the world record will have a positive response in the Foshan area and even the global Chinese community, and promote the excellent traditional culture of Foshan, thus polishing the "Foshan Kungfu" business card and let the local characteristics of Foshan go The world has contributed a lot to the construction work of Foshan to create a "world of kung fu."

(Editor: fstyj_zjt)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Anthony Kelly on Officially Amazing

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Most walnuts cracked against the head in one minute - Guinness World Records

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Muhamed Kahrimanovic: Coconuts and Cans - Meet The Record Breakers Europe

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Catch the arrow

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Fastest Tennis Ball Caught at 248 KPH

OCTOBER 9 2018 - 12:55PM
    Armidale's Anthony Kelly breaks another Guinness World Record

MARTIAL ARTS MASTER: Perpetual Guinness World Record holder Anthony Kelly has broken yet another world record for fastest tennis ball caught.

STARING down the barrel of a custom-made air gun, Anthony Kelly is a long-time member of one of the world’s most exclusive clubs.

With 50 Guinness World Records under his belt, Kelly just earned the title of World’s Fastest Tennis Ball Caught at 248 kilometres per hour.

Recently, he was best man at the wedding of his good mate Morris Zavatta – one of the greatest tightrope walkers in the world.

​“I’ve been practicing the fastest tennis ball for two years, it’s extremely hard to do,” Kelly said.

“The speed of the balls travelling from the air cannon I had to get made in America myself is 0.08 seconds, we’re talking a thousand of a second.

“I have to really train my body to overcome the pain the balls inflict on my body.”

Kelly just learned he’ll be on the inside cover of the Guinness World Book of Records in 2019.

The 54-year-old shows no signs of slowing down. He lives on a diet of meat and potatoes, and reckons he’s never eaten a piece of fruit or a vegetable in his life.

“One of my techniques is opening and closing my hand in five seconds – I have a personal best of 85,” he said.

“That keeps my body super active, I think we can do anything if we set our mind to develop our bodies.”

Kelly has appeared on television shows worldwide; he’s been studied by scientists in Plymouth, England; and met the crew of Mythbusters.

“I have a few other records pushing on the limits of human endurance,” he said,

“I know I won’t do it forever but I certainly have two or three other records that will make people stand up and have a look at what people can achieve.”

Each record he plans to break takes significant physical and mental preparation.

“My motto is ‘physically, mentally, faster, stronger,’” he said in 2016.

“I know I’m only going to live once and so that’s why I do it, I want to try to get the most out of myself.

”I’ve got some really wild ideas of what I want to do, pushing human boundaries.”

THREADS:

Anthony Kelly - Martial Arts World Record Breaker

Martial Arts World Records and Stunts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wang Hua 50 bricks 40 secs

A kung fu master smashed 50 bricks with his bare hands in just under 40 seconds.

This impressive video, captured in Bijie City, in southwestern Guizhou Province, shows a 20-year-old man named Wang Hua using his bare hands to break all the bricks in half.

Wang has been learning a variety of martial arts since he was a child. This is just one of many amazing displays of his years of training in the arts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Even more amazing that he took on stacks of bricks in the end! IRON PALM SUTO.

Samuel Michaud - Tai Chi for 36 hours

Watch: Montrealer breaks world record for longest tai chi practice

Doing anything for 36 consecutive hours is a lot, but that's especially the case with tai chi.

MONTREAL GAZETTE Updated: September 23, 2019

It started, as so many things do, with a Google search.

Samuel Michaud said he was doing “stupid research on the Internet” in his free time when he found the world record for longest tai chi practice.

Sheila Dickinson lasted 28 hours and 59 minutes in 2017.

The idea of trying for the record stuck in his head, and eventually he’d told enough people in his life that he couldn’t not do it.

All of which explains what the tai chi educator and long-time practitioner was trying to do in Montreal’s Victoria Square on Sept. 19 and 20: 36 hours of tai chi.

Teacher Samuel Michaud practices Tai Chi in Victoria Square on Friday September 20, 2019, during his attempt to set a Guinness World Record. JOHN MAHONEY / MONTREAL GAZETTE

He was also collecting donations for the Make-A-Wish foundation.

“I like the idea of doing something a little bit crazy,” he said as he closed in on that target, “and I wanted to see how I would react doing 36 hours of tai chi.”

He added: “I think that it’s great that in downtown Montreal, where there’s a lot of traffic, a lot of noise, for 36 hours — a day and a half — someone is doing slow movements in tune with nature.”

THREADS
    Tai Chi World Record
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips