Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Martial Arts World Records and Stunts

178 martial arts kicks in 60 seconds by a pair (female)

JAN. 12, 2022 / 3:53 PM

By Ben Hooper

Ontario martial artists Silvana Shamuon and Hannah Wright set a Guinness World Record by completing a total 178 martial arts kicks in 60 seconds. Photo courtesy of Guinness World Records
    Jan. 12 (UPI) -- An Ontario martial artist broke her second Guinness World Record by teaming up with a student to perform 178 kicks in 60 seconds.

Silvana Shamuon, 28, who previously set a Guinness record by kicking footballs off of people's heads in 2016, teamed up with student Hannah Wright, 15, to take on the record for most martial arts kicks by a pair in 1 minute (female).

Shamuon, an instructor at Shamuon Generation of Martial Arts in Waterloo and Hotshot Athletic in Cambridge, alternated kicks with Wright and the pair finished with a total 178, beating the previous record of 144.

"I'm always looking at Guinness for ideas, and I saw that one and was like 'Hmm, I think I could do this with Hannah.' It was honestly just the luck of the search," Shamuon told The Record newspaper. "Words cannot express the amount of pride that I felt for Hannah. For a teenager, she was amazing the entire way."
    Congrats Silvana Shamuon and Hannah Wright!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Smashing the maximum number of coconuts on heads with a nunchaku in a minute

Indian man smashes 42 coconuts on heads with nunchaku in a minute, sets Guinness World Record
    Trending
    Published on Oct 02, 2022 03:16 PM IST

A man from India sets Guinness World Record for smashing the maximum number of coconuts on heads with a nunchaku in a minute.

The image shows KV Saidalavi, who hails from India, smashing coconuts on heads with a nunchaku to achieve a Guinness World Record. (Twitter/@gwr)

By Arfa Javaid
    India is home to several Guinness World Records, and there is now the latest inclusion to this list. Recently, a man from Karnataka's Mudur bagged the world record title for smashing the maximum number of coconuts on heads with a nunchaku in a minute. The bizarre world record has stunned people and may have the same effect on you.
    Guinness World Records shared the video on Twitter with the caption, "New record: Most coconuts on heads smashed with a nunchaku in one minute - 42 by KV Saidalavi (India). He starts slow, but once he gets going there is no stopping." The video shows KV Saidalavi smashing coconuts kept on the heads of several volunteers with nunchaku. The text insert on the screen reveals that the coconuts used in the world record attempt were distributed for eating, and some pieces were used to make coconut oil.
    According to a blog by Guinness World Records, Saidalavi practices the Kalaripayattu martial art and trains for two hours every day.
    Martial-Arts-World-Records-and-Stunts
    Indian-Martial-Arts
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

He smashed coconuts off their heads! - @Guinness World Records

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

3,660 person wai kru

Thai Cadets Break World Record With Mass Martial Arts Ritual
    By AFP - Agence France Presse
    February 6, 2023

Thousands of Muay Thai fighters perform the traditional Wai Kru ceremony during a festival in Rajabhakti Park, Thailand on February 6, 2023
    Lillian SUWANRUMPHA

Video by Pitcha Dangprasith, photos by Lillian Suwanrumpha

Thousands of Thai army cadets, university students and a handful of volunteers performed a record-breaking Muay Thai "wai khru" ceremony on Monday, all under the watchful eyes of six massive statues of former kings.

The sunset gathering in Hua Hin, part of a Muay Thai Festival in the seaside resort town, broke the previous Guinness World Record of 250 by having 3,660 participants simultaneously performing the traditional pre-match dance of respect for their coach.

The sun had baked the sheets of concrete hot as the barefoot performers -- organised by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), the Royal Thai Army, and the culture and sport ministries -- filed onto the parade ground at Rajabhakti Park in front of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-Cha.

Dressed in red uniforms with white Mongkhon headbands, as well as white Muay Kard Chuek ropes -- the hemp wrappings fighters wore before gloves -- the phalanx of men moved in near perfect unison to the directions of famed Muay Thai fighter Sombat "Buakaw" Banchamek.

"Congratulations, you're officially amazing," said the official Guinness adjudicator, confirming the record had been broken.

"I feel really proud," said 27-year-old performer Phukrit Purimchaithanat, adding he and his fellow-cadets were glad they had pulled it off after months of preparations.

A mix of bemused locals and tourists passing through the popular resort watched the spectacle from a few rickety metal bleachers, gathering around the sides of the fenced area as a loudspeaker blared.

"It's stunning, it's crazy, also in front of the kings and everything," said Hua Hin resident Siena Cruz, 32, as she enjoyed the show with friends.

"The visual is something connected to the tradition," she said, noting how integral the pre-match ritual was to the sport.

A Guiness World Records representative certified that the 3,660 participants had beaten the previous high of 250
    Lillian SUWANRUMPHA

"To be part of another bit of history for Thailand, it's bragging rights," she said of the Guinness record.

"I like to watch, but boxing is scary," said June Rubyung, who had taken her grandson to watch the performance.

The 50-year-old Hua Hin local, who lives close to the army grounds where they performed, said she knew the army cadets had been practising for a month.

"I think they're good," she said, "they do it the correct way."
    Muay-Thai
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kungfu master sets new world record of nunchaku skills

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Most four finger push ups (two arms) with claps in one minute, with a massive 22.

Fitness fan inspired by kung fu movies to smash finger push ups record
    By Echo Zhan Published 11 April 2023

A student inspired by his love of kung fu movies pushed himself to new limits to smash a push ups record.

Zhang Yuxuan (China) is now the proud holder of the Guinness World Records title for most four finger push ups (two arms) with claps in one minute, with a massive 22.

The 21-year-old,who is studying at Shaanxi Aviation Vocational and Technical College, set his sights on a challenge just like this one at a young age.

While his love for kung fu movies was strong, Zhang struggled with his physical fitness and used traditional Chinese medicine in the hope of building up his strength.

At the age of 13, he decided to take matters into his own hands and began training with weights at home and doing push ups, slowly building up both his strength and his confidence.

In his second year of junior high school, he started to attempt the finger push ups he'd seen in kung fu movies, soon managing to do 10 of them in a row.

Zhang said: "I trained myself by watching reference videos and materials online. Soon, I realized that no one seemed to have demonstrated finger push ups while clapping at the same time. This stimulated my desire for the challenge.

"When I was a child, I watched the TV programme Guinness China Night, so I thought a Guinness World Records title should be my goal."

Although he had planted the seed of the challenge in his heart, Zhang didn't know where to start.

"At that time, I was in high school. When everyone talked about their dreams, I would always say that I wanted to challenge the Guinness World Records title, but my classmates would always laugh at me, saying I was bragging," he said.

It wasn't until March 2022 that Zhang met Zhang Shuang, another Guinness World Records title holder, through social media. Zhang Shuang is a sports blogger who obtained a title for the most consecutive handstand skips, and was kind enough to guide Zhang through the process of getting a GWR title.

Now Zhang is hoping to inspire others to find their own confidence through exercise.

He said: "I recommend everyone to persist in physical exercise. Do not underestimate basic training. Gradually and properly, push ups can be done from a few minutes to one hour. People who enjoy figuring things out can try finger push ups, which also involve the application of physics and pressure knowledge."

Achieving his dream made Zhang feel particularly happy, and he immediately wanted to share it with everyone, especially his grandmother.

He said: "My grandmother is the most important person in my life. When no one supported me, only she encouraged me. My grandmother is an ordinary farmer, but she taught me many truths. If it weren't for her support, I wouldn't have achieved this honour.

"I started dreaming of breaking world records when I was in 8th grade, and it took me seven years to finally achieve it. I remember a saying: Dreams should still be pursued, in case they come true one day. This has been proven true for me."

Zhang already has big plans to break more records.

"I think I have the ability to challenge records for 1-hour push ups, 3-hour plank, fingertip push ups with weights, handstand walking, and sit ups. Next, I will prepare for these record applications and train seriously, so please look forward to it!"
    Those are some crazy single finger moves...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wish they said the name of this humble peasant farmer...

Kung fu master smashes 122 bricks with his bare hands

KameraOne
    Tue, 30 May 2023 at 4:22 am GMT-7
    A humble peasant farmer from Liaoning, China, showed off his martial arts skill on April 23 after smashing 122 bricks with his bare hands. The kung fu master showed off his physical prowess by lining up the bricks like dominoes before smashing each one in turn in under one minute.
    Follow the link for the video. It's impressive.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This is old but I just stumbled on it

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Largest 'Chi-Kung Eight Brocade Coils' Exercise - Lifetree sets world record
    BUDAPEST, Hungary--The Lifetree Chi-Kung Health Day was organised in course of Lifetree Programme in Ferenc Puskás Stadium in Budapest; the 2010 participants at the record attempt led by the Hungarian Shaolin Centre Kerepes team practiced the movements perfectly - setting the new world record for the Largest 'Chi-Kung Eight Brocade Coils'Exercise.

Photo: Ba Duan Chin, Chikung: during the practice (five section brocades). Photographer: Tamás Fenyvesi (enlarge photo)

The 'battle-field' of the stadium was divided into 22 sectors and the record attempt started with the supervision of the counter commissioners.

The fifteen-minute Ba Duan Jin Chi-Kung Eight Brocade Coils Exercise was led by Dr Robert Lyons, the prominent representative of the Hungarian Shaolin Centre Kerepes and was monitored and checked by the notary public, Dr József Kovács.

The partakers could watch the exercises on the giant screen of the stadium, so the crowd could move in perfect harmony.

After finishing the drill all of the counter commissioners gave their number reports of their own sectors in the presence of the notary public.

Photo: Ba Duan Chin, Chikung: end of the practice. Photor:
    Béla Tóth
    (enlarge photo)

After the summary the total number of the participators was 2010.

Online: http://www.eletfarekord.hu/

The collective success and the appreciation and congratulation of the two invited Chinese past masters, the 82-year-old James Y.S. Wu and Si-Gong Che Cheng Chiang, were a great pleasure and honour for all the participants. The masters accepted and certified the completed drill.

The Life Tree National Health Preserving Program also set two other Guinness World Records back in 2009:
    - The Guinness World record for the Largest kickboxing class and
    - The Guinness World record for the Largest dance class.

The new world record for the Largest 'Chi-Kung Eight Brocade Coils' Exercise was sponsored by:
    Kaqun Hungária Kft.
    Axel Springer-Magyarország Kft
    Magyar Shaolin Központ Kerepes
    Actress Linda Verebes and |
    Actor Csaba Pindroch

Mass-Qigong-Demonstrations
    Baduanjin-(8-section-brocade)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I try to avoid Ninja Warrior news on our ninja et.al. threads, but this was too good.

US Woman, 71, Earns Guinness World Record Title Of Oldest Female Ninja
    World's oldest female ninja: Virginia Lenore MacColl's favourite moves include swinging on rings and climbing ropes.

Edited by Rahul KumarUpdated: September 23, 2023 5:30 pm IST

Virginia Lenore MacColl started ninja warrior competitions at 66.

New Delhi: In the most recent Guinness World Records (GWR) roundup, a 71-year-old woman from the United States was recognised as the oldest female ninja, proving the adage 'Age is just a number' to be completely true. The organisation also released a video showing her navigating obstacle courses filled with a variety of challenges. In the video, she can be seen climbing, jumping, and even swinging from a bar.
    "Oldest competitive ninja athlete (female). Competed at the age of 70 years and 90 days," Guinness World Records said in a video post on Instagram. According to the organisation's blog, Virginia Lenore MacColl began her journey into ninja warrior competitions at the age of 66, inspired by her daughter's encouragement to take up sports.

MacColl added that she was motivated to start her journey after watching her daughter, Jessie Graff, participate in American Ninja Warrior.

Ms MacColl said, "While I cheered for my daughter Jessie Graff, I found inspiration in her strength, grace, and health."

Earlier, she had never participated in athletics or weightlifting. She also mentioned that it took her a while to even consider herself an athlete. However, the 71-year-old found herself committing to four cardio, strength training, and obstacle training sessions each week.

"I engage in cardio through swimming two to three times a week," she said.

Her favourite ninja moves include swinging on rings and climbing ropes, while she considers the salmon ladder and the warped wall to be some of the trickier techniques.

Speaking about her husband, she said he was her "biggest supporter." MacColl further mentioned, "Despite being unable to travel for medical reasons, he consistently encourages me to participate in every competition."

Regarding her exercise routine, she explained that her primary dietary choice is a 'Mediterranean diet,' consisting primarily of fish, and vegetables, along with some chicken and turkey. However, she avoids dairy products and soda, and carefully monitors her sugar intake to keep it in check.
    Ninjas!
    Give-it-up-to-the-elderly!!!!!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

RIP Dorothy Hoffner

A 104-year-old woman dies before Guinness can confirm her record as oldest skydiver

October 11, 20237:15 PM ET
    By Ayana Archie

Dorothy Hoffner, 104, went skydiving Oct. 1 and could hold the record for the oldest person to jump from a plane. She died Monday, likely in her sleep, Brookdale Senior Living said in a statement.
    Brookdale Senior Living

A 104-year-old woman has died a little more than a week after she potentially broke the world record for the oldest skydiver.

Dorothy Hoffner jumped 13,500 feet from a plane with Skydive Chicago in Ottawa, Ill., on Oct. 1. She likely died in her sleep Monday at Brookdale Senior Living, the center said.

"The associates at Brookdale Lake View are deeply saddened by the passing of our resident, Dorothy Hoffner," the statement said. " We were thrilled to see her continue to live with passion and purpose, skydiving earlier this month at 104 and ultimately proving that age is just a number. She will be greatly missed by our entire community."

Guinness World Records is still working to confirm if Hoffner broke the record for the oldest person to jump from a plane. The current record belongs to Linnéa Ingegärd Larsson of Sweden, who was 103 when she made a jump in 2022, The Associated Press reported.

Hoffner made her first jump at the age of 100.

A memorial service for her will be held next month, the AP said.
    Such a bummer...

Give-it-up-to-the-elderly!!!!!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips