Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts World Records and Stunts

future record breaker?

There's a vid - follow the link.
    Kung Fu Marble Breaker
    2009-8-18 3:154

Breaking marbles with your bare hands? Seems hard, but then you haven't met this man. He uses martial arts to break glass with his legs.

Syrian martial arts performer Jamal Koukeh breaks not only marbles but also stones and blocks of marble--much of it with his bare legs alone. Koukeh is preparing for his attempt to enter the Guinness Book of Records. For that, Koukeh trains three times a day.

[Jamal Koukeh, Martial Arts Performer]:
    "The body passes through three phases during the day, a phase of activity, a phase of medium activity and a phase where there is no activity which is at night which is a very important phase where you have to train because the body is tired and the muscles are not active so we try to refresh the muscles."

Koukeh, a mechanic engineer, became the Syrian champion in free fighting in 2005. He was the world champion eleven times and Universe champion three times.

He trained to be a free fighter in various countries, including South Korea and Thailand. Koukeh began breaking stones when he was only nine years old.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

the break where he hits the cleaver blade to break the marble and the one where he holds the sword points are pretty impressive looking.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Those blocks were marble?

looks kind of like granite to me, or maybe really rough marble.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

pigtail fu

After our Iron Vagina thread, this seems sort of tame.
    50-something woman to pull airplane with pigtail
    (China Daily)
    Updated: 2009-08-24 09:31

A woman in her early 50s pulled five cars, with a man sitting inside each of them, for a distance of 50 meters along a road in Tongzhou district, Beijing, using just her pigtail.

50-something woman to pull airplane with pigtail

Zhang Tingting, a native of Henan province, said after her feat on Sunday that she was well trained in Chinese Kungfu, which gave her mental and physical strength to pull off the stunt.

Early next year, Zhang will pull an airplane with her pigtail.
    In the same vein, a plane tow? Where have I heard that before?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

nun losing her 'iron hair'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/8221933.stm

sorry if this was already posted...

was not aware that the nuns get their head shaved as well

so she gets to demonstrate her ability and then lose it!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    between her hands on the back of her head and the rope going on her back, I would say that most of the power was not absorbed by the hair or scalp.
    Let's see her pull a car with her landing strip.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I merged this with the previous post, oasis

You got vid and more of the story.

And yes, nuns shave. Buddhist nuns actually have to abide by more austerities than monks.

Female Kung Fu master pulls 8 cars with hair
    Posted: Aug 26, 2009 11:49 AM PDT Updated: Aug 26, 2009 11:50 AM PDT

Kung Fu masters are renowned for their feats of physical prowess and endurance, but one woman recently took it a step further.

52-year-old Zhang Tingting took up martial arts when she was 17 and always felt her hair gave her power.

Recently she decided that her calling as a nun was more important and hatched a plan to go out in a burst of strength.

She's pulled cars before, but this time she dragged eight one-ton vehicles about 30 meters.

It was short of the Guinness record of 100 meters.

Still, she said she wasn't disappointed.

"I'm very happy. For me it's not a question of success or defeat. Although I didn't pull them far, I am still happy. It's all experience."

Then with monks and nuns around her, she had her head shaved.

She plans to devote herself to life in the monastery, but says she will still practice other forms of kung fu.
    So now I'm wondering who holds the Guinness record for car hair towing?

Buddhist nun tows cars with braid
    Updated: 07:16, Thursday August 27, 2009

A buddhist nun in China who claims her hair is instilled with the power of kung fu has towed eight cars using just her plait.

Kung fu master Zhang Tingting pulled the cars, weighing more than a tonne each, 30 metres through the streets of her hometown in Henan province.

She wanted to prove the strength of her braid one last time before allowing it to be cut off in accordance with rules for Buddhist monks.

The martial arts expert said she wanted to show that kung fu was for women as well as men.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

finger fu

Fu gives new meaning to giving someone the finger.

Time to plug our finger fu DVD...

Man proves he has world's strongest fingers
    Fu Bingli, a kung fu master from China, has proved he has the strongest fingers in the world.
    Published: 12:27PM BST 20 Oct 2009

Bingli – who has been studying martial arts for 32 years since the age of just seven – can stand upside down supporting himself on just one index finger.

On Monday he scooped the Guinness world record for completing 12 press ups on just one finger of his right hand.

"I've been training since I was seven years old and my index finger has as much strength in it as most people's entire body," said Fu of Lianyungang, eastern China.

Last week the world's smallest man, Khagendra Thapa Magar, revealed his wish for his 18th birthday to be officially recognised by the Guinness World Records and to find a wife.

The 2ft tall teenager is a full head and shoulders shorter than He Pingping of China, who at 2ft 5in is the current holder of the world's smallest man title. He is now waiting for official recognition from Guinness World Records.

"Now I have turned 18 I want two things: to be recognised by Guinness and to find a wife who is small like me," said Khagendra.

The tiny teen, who weighs just 10lbs, first contacted the Guinness Book of World Records three years ago, hoping to be recognised as the world's smallest boy.

Khagendra has become something of a celebrity in his native Nepal, where politicians have backed his Guinness campaign.

Born weighing only 1lb 5oz in the remote Baglung District, 125 miles from the capital Kathmandu, Khagendra's family members believe he was destined for greatness.
    Fu’s Fatal Fingers
    Posted 10/20/2009 12:00 pm by Ron Hogan

When Fu Bingli gives you the finger, it might just kill you. The kung-fu master from Lianyungang, China, has what might be the world’s strongest fingertips. Not only can he do 12 push-ups using just one finger, he can also do a one-fingered hand-stand, supporting the entire weight of his body on one finger while upside down! I’m not sure I could do a single one-handed push-ups, let alone 12 one-fingered push-ups!

What makes Fu’s fingers so remarkable? Years and years of practice and physical training. Fu has been training in kung-fu since age 7, which gives him about 32 years of training. That explains why his body is just so incredibly gifted. Why he chose to strengthen his hands this much or how he realized he could do his remarkable finger feats I’ll never know, but when Fu says, “My index finger has as much strength in it as most people’s entire body,” he’s definitely not exaggerating!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bah, that's nothing, I know this guy from Nantucket...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

This was just too odd

I have to post it here
    KUNG FU MASTER CARVES SENTENCE ON A FLY'S WING
    Tuesday December 1,2009

A KUNG fu master has created the smallest carving in the world.

So Chen, 42, carved an entire sentence in Chinese characters on a fly's wing to prove his ability.

The sentence - which translates as 'I am at the bottom of her valley of no love' - was taken from his favourite martial arts novel.

He told the Austrian Times: "I have studied king fu for 20 years and I used the breathing techniques I had learned to stop my hands from shaking because one slip would have torn the wing to pieces."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I have to post it here

i'd like to know how he got that fly to sit still so long, heck my son won't sit still the whole time he is awake...

Not quite Guinness...

...just a crazy stunt.

Unbelievable Qigong guy pulls car with eyelids
    14:41, April 19, 2010

The 22-year-old big boy Li Dasheng from Xuzhou is praised as "The Prince of Stunts" because he can perform more than 30 kinds of Qigong, an ancient Chinese meditative practice, and other amazing skills.

On April 16th, Li Dasheng performed his stunt of pulling a car with his eyelids at Zhang Boying Museum of Art. He put an iron framework, which was attached to a 1.5-ton-car, onto his eyelid, and pulled the car a distance of nearly 3 meters.

Yangtze Evening contributed to the story
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

washing his face with broken glass

Thursday, May 27, 2010, 09:20
    Martial artist smashes world record by snapping chopsticks with his throat

A MARTIAL arts expert has smashed a world record – by snapping 30 chopsticks against his throat.

Peter Love, aged 49, routinely shows his mastery of Shaolin Kung Fu by washing his face with broken glass and snapping a house brick with one hand. He can even withstand an axe blow.

Now he has entered the Guinness Book of World Records after performing his latest feat in front of a packed crowd at a martial arts show held at Birmingham's NEC Arena.

Peter, chief instructor at the FMA Fujian (Chinese) Martial Arts Centre in Longton, said: "The official record was breaking 12 chopsticks against the throat at one time, although someone claims to have done 24.

"We set the stage up and I performed it in front of the audience. I broke 30 against my throat.

"You have to do them one at a time and to be honest, I could have kept on going. It was only the clock that stopped me. I had one minute to break as many as I could. They were just ordinary chopsticks you would find in any Chinese restaurant.

"You wouldn't want to try it at home. You could leave some nasty marks, or the chopstick could splinter."

Thirteen years ago, Peter, of Tunstall, couldn't walk a step after he sustained crippling spine injuries in a serious car accident.

He was already an expert in karate and Chinese Kung Fu at the time and says it was his devotion to the martial arts which helped him walk again, six months after the accident.

His daily breathing and strengthening exercises helped boost his recovery, then he trained with a small karate club until he felt his back had recovered. Then he continued to research martial arts alone, eventually studying Shaolin Kung Fu in London.

Within three-months he was asked to teach and he was then invited to Singapore to train with a Shaolin master.

Steve Eastlake, of Weston Coyney, is an instructor at the martial arts centre after training with Peter for seven years. The 28-year-old has mastered the "iron shirt" techniques, which include snapping chopsticks against the throat, and he also performed at the martial arts show in Birmingham.

He said: "I didn't know if I would be able to do it. The first thing you do is six months of breathing exercises, to strengthen internally and externally.

"Watching Peter break the world record was inspiring."

Martial arts student Nikki Strike, aged 35, of Longton, who has been training with Peter since last September, said: "It was awesome, unbelievable."

Peter is the author of a book, called Shaolin Kung Fu: The Lost Art.

For more information about Shaolin Kung Fu, contact the Martial Arts Centre on 07968 080834.
    I've never heard of his book. I've been to focused on my own book. Read Shaolin Trips by me.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

28 meters = 91.86 feet

Should this be in the Shaolin forum?

Kung fu monk drifts on water 28 meters for record
    14:39, July 06, 2010

Shi Liliang, a Kung fu monk of the South Shaolin Temple at Quanzhou, made a new record of drifting 28 meters on the surface of the water on July 5.

Shi Liliang, a Kung fu monk of the South Shaolin Temple at Quanzhou, made a new record of drifting 28 meters on the surface of the water on July 5 after drifting 18 meters last year, according to Chinanews. com. cn.

At about 7 a.m. on that day, Shi and his apprentices linked some pieces of plywood into a 30-meter-long "water passage," After he practiced running for several hundred meters on the bank, he stepped on the "water passage" at a very quick speed and drifted 28.7 meters setting a new record.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips