Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Culture of Corruption Will be the Death of China

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    A few things:

1) When I said heads would roll I was being metaphoric, not literal. Most likely he was killed by a single gunshot administered either to the base of the skull from behind or to the heart as this is the standard method of execution in China at this time.

2) He was executed by the Chinese government.

3) He was executed, this is important, for taking bribes from pharmaceutical companies in exchange for licensing medicines that had not been properly tested for consumer safety.

4) The likely covert reason for his execution is the preponderance of food and medicine related scandals that have rocked China over the last two years. These include (but are not limited to):

Toxic red dye in duck eggs.
    Melamine in baby formula.
    Melamine in animal feed.
    Melamine in other, miscellaneous, dairy products.
    Brake fluid in toothpaste.
    Unsafe medicine.

Now, please allow me to be clear about another thing:

In all of these cases there is absolutely no indication that there was any involvement of Triads. Every one of these cases involved simple malfeasance on behalf of otherwise legitimate businesspeople and allegations of corruption within the food and drug administration who took bribes to look the other way. Although there may be Triad involvement with some corrupt politicians in China they are not a major player in the food and medicine industries. Nor are they major players in the land development issues or natural resource management issues that mark two other areas China has major problems in with regards to corruption.

Furthermore this is not and never should be percieved as an issue of ethnicity. It is related to the current socio-economic conditions present within the nation of the People's Republic of China at this time.

I hope this helps to clarify what is on topic.

If you are in further doubt you can read the article I linked to in the first post.

Oh, and this just came down the pipe today...
    dude i made a ****ing comment...yall are derailing the thread... anyway dude looks like a shmuck and anyone who takes bribes is godless and would do business with criminals.

crickets

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Spoken like somebody who has never been to China or spoken to a Chinese person.
    is that directed to me simon
    u know im chinese right
    lol

in response to ur edit, what u said is probably true a few years ago, things are changing
    Last edited by bawang; 11-27-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

And so I also know you know that I speak truth.
    Last edited by SimonM; 11-27-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

you say
    "China has quite a lot of culture. More than most places in fact."
    but your title is
    "The culture of corruption will be the death of china"
    i think u contradict urself

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    you're stupid, buddy got his head cut off I bet he goes to triad strip clubs...there it's on topic.

Who's stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    people in china dont have the moral code and self control because of lack of culture and religion and identity

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Maybe we should behead a few corporate types over here.

- jo

Only everything about your ridiculous comment. Obviously folks in China (like people everywhere) have religion, culture, self-control, morality, and identity.

Try to resist the urge to be such a drama queen and you won't be as likely to make unfortunate comments like those above.
    Last edited by Kansuke; 11-28-2008 at 01:15 AM.

i talk the truth about my own country and people like you dont want to hear it that is fine
    please dont insult, you would not dare say that to my face and im trying to keep polite
    Last edited by bawang; 11-28-2008 at 02:57 AM.

and....................................?

If you could stop editing your comments it might make the thread easier to read and respond to.

i edit to save space i dont like extra posting
    most of my posts were me trying to repond to your nitpicking and btiching, i delete them to stop flooding forums, my aplology guys

hi simon, i was trying to say that the cultgural rlevoluton did a lot of damage to the chinese culture. a lot of the religion, customs, traditions and holidays have been simplified, and in many parts of the country religion and traiditional costums were totally eliminated and had to be reintroduced from other nearby regions. traditional values were replaced by cunbmmunist idealogy and when deng xiaoping slowly abolished that, we had nothing. my opinion is this led to corruption, which is very rampant.

you have to bribe almost every single person higher up in power than you to sruvive. i have bribed from my elementary teacher to my doctor, my relative had to brice to get a job, etc, etc.
    of course there are people from all ages and social class in china trying to make a difference, but the task is so overwhelming
    instead of punishing the corrupt officials i think china needs to look deeper into its problems. when you have to bribe in your everyday life, whats keeping you from being corrupt when you steps into high power?
    i know nobody wants to read about negative things , its depressing but this relates to the topic, i try not to bring this up often, so please try to have an open mind.

i told this guy below me i am from china and situation there isnt good, but he just insults me and says i'm wrong without proof. hes talke like a average internet nerd talking out of his bloddy gaping anus, possibly hemmoroids, im not gonna play his game, sorry about that this is a sensitive topic for me, i get into a blind rage
    Last edited by bawang; 11-28-2008 at 03:19 AM.

The fact that you feel the need to keep 'adjusting' your comments demonstrates that I was correct in my initial assessment.

Stop with the hyperbole and choose your words more carefully.

suck my left nut

edit: yes oh great one i am wrong about my own country , your vague and confusing one liners and ancient knowledge from dsicovery channel is wise and true, after 50 years of oppresion nothing is wrong in china, we still have velly good culture, we are happies here, me soooooo solly
    oh no i have edited my post !!that is not allowed you have defeated me! oh wise cracker internet warrior, yes i am a horrible liar, everything in china is great its just like the tourist bronchours and the national geographic programs, happy rainbow donkey boner

dont talk to me again
    Last edited by bawang; 11-28-2008 at 03:27 AM.

What a compelling argument...