Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the heck is Jing?

What the heck is Jing?

There are plenty of chat and disccusion about Lek and Jing (keng in cantonese) and power generation.....etc. and there exist the fantasy parties and ANTI-fantasy parties which argue on this subject.

But what the heck is Jing and Lek ? without a clear understanding what are they there is no way to further discuss about Jing...etc.

Some says CLF has different Jing, WCK has this Jing that keng, Taijin has reel silk Jing....etc does Boxing has Keng too?

For decades now, I really dont see it goes anywhere interm of the understanding of what is Jing. But more and more psuedo science.... fantasy parties or ANTI-fantasy parties being create.

But what is Jing? I bet those in the fantasy parties have no clue and also those in the ANTI-fantasy parties have no clue.

Just my personal opinion.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 10:59 AM.

A psychosomatic sensation and empirically unverifiable truth for some traditional martial artists who believe that a greater depth of understanding comes with using metaphors and symbolism to describe motion.

It is as relevant to combat as 'aether' is to the understanding of the universe.

However, one would think a paradigm shift is beginning to occur:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WKtK-ifyasc

Suki Gosal
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    There are plenty of chat and disccusion about Lek and Jing (keng in cantonese) and power generation.....etc. and there exist the fantasy parties and ANTI-fantasy parties which argue on this subject.

But what the heck is Jing and Lek ? without a clear understanding what are they there is no way to further discuss about Jing...etc.

Some says CLF has different Jing, WCK has this Jing that keng, Taijin has reel silk Jing....etc does Boxing has Keng too?

For decades now, I really dont see it goes anywhere interm of the understanding of what is Jing. But more and more psuedo science.... fantasy parties or ANTI-fantasy parties being create.

But what is Jing? I bet those in the fantasy parties have no clue and also those in the ANTI-fantasy parties have no clue.

Just my personal opinion.

What do you think?
    To ME, jing in regards to striking (fa jing) is best described as "impulse".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Now all is clear !

Jing is physics at work . . . . when you know what you're doing works and hurts others.

Boxers have good jing in their hands. Because all they do is punch everyday.

That's all there is to it. No psuedo-scientific bull****.

When Chinese gets translated . . . . it becomes diluted and retarded.
    棋盘山上砍过树,故宫城里盗过墓,此生行尽天涯路,沈阳儿女就是酷.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    To ME, jing in regards to striking (fa jing) is best described as "impulse".

That still doesnt describe or explain what is it isnt it?

The term Jing is a very well define and describe term according to chinese classical literature.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wei Wu View Post
    A psychosomatic sensation and empirically unverifiable truth for some traditional martial artists who believe that a greater depth of understanding comes with using metaphors and symbolism to describe motion.

It is as relevant to combat as 'aether' is to the understanding of the universe.

Suki Gosal

These stuffs is exactly confuse the heck out of everyone and doesnt describe or explain what is jing.

think about it , after you what the youtube one get more confuse then more clear about what is going on and what is the sifu trying to show or get across.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Jing is like good gung fu . . . . you acquire good jing by practicing those same moves thousands of times, hitting ppl with them, hitting bags, dummies, pads, doing drills, shadowboxing, forms . . . . then u develop good jing.

Jing is physics at work . . . . -------

Isnt you are the one who address WCner uses too much physics?

What the heck is physics at work? everything move is physics at work, everything sit still also physics at work. so what the heck is physics at work?

when you know what you're doing works and hurts others. ------

That still doesnt explain what is Jing. one can get a 4 x4 and hit others is that JIng?

Boxers have good jing in their hands. Because all they do is punch everyday. ----

Come on, that also doesnt tell what the He@L is Jing.

That's all there is to it. No psuedo-scientific bull****. ----

That still doesnt says what is jing but it get you more in trouble for nothing is solved.

When Chinese gets translated . . . . it becomes diluted and retarded.-----

That still is an alibi. are you saying the whole western of the earth have no clue of what the heck is a correct translation?

You have all these

in you post and you dont translate Jing precisely?

You see we need to get real here. are we discussing and talking about something we have no clue? for example WHAT THE HECK is JING?

until we know what is JING what to discuss?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    That still doesnt describe or explain what is it isnt it?
    Actually, if you look up Impulse in physics, you will get a great explanation of fa jing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Are you sure you are in the correct discussion forum?

or you are similar to all of us here where no one knows what the heck is one talking about ? so it doesnt matter . hahaha
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Actually, if you look up Impulse in physics, you will get a great explanation of fa jing.

Impulse in physics still doesnt said what is jing? impulse can be anything.

IE

This is impulse too for some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rreQAfgjo1k

What is Jing and what is Fa Jing? why is it called Fa Jing?

Honestly, these are all the problem --- argue for arguement shake. and in conclusion after decades and everyone have the senior or advance title... but little knows what is going on.

and then when one doesnt want to admit one have no clue. Challenge or saying "oh, I can beat you " is used as a brute force substitute to conclude the subject. So, after a few decades no one knows what is going on.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 01:26 PM.

OK. I give up, Hendrik. Tell us what Jing is.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wei Wu View Post

Suki Gosal
    That's it! I'm giving up Wing Chun! There are too many of these videos around now to deny the truth and power of Chi Blasts.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels