Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What the heck is Jing?

*giggles*

you said jing.

i believe you mean "jin" i guess it sounds like jing. like "fa jin" or power issuance.

but jing is sperm.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    *giggles*

you said jing.

i believe you mean "jin" i guess it sounds like jing. like "fa jin" or power issuance.

but jing is sperm.

Does pronounce Jing in a different way tell you what it is? It doesnt right?

what is power issuance? fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    That's it! I'm giving up Wing Chun! There are too many of these videos around now to deny the truth and power of Chi Blasts.

I totally agree with you.

These stuffs are mainly just totally confuse everyone.

This cannot be conclude as a Chi blast. There are multiple actions in the video based on different phenomenon. IMHO.

OK. I give up, Hendrik. Tell us what Jing is.
    Ok

Here is what I have heard.
    To put it in today's term.

JIng is a dynamic vector quantity .

Jing means "Force flow with guidance". No more no less.

Those who study physics can view Jing as a DIRECTED Force Vector which is flowing in a direction in the 3 D space.

Fa Jing means " Activate the Force Flow with guidance"

Lek is a static scalar quantity.

Lek simply means power.

3, Jing can be analysed/model with Physics to a certain degree but not all. Why? because The guidance part is alive. That is where the Intention or Yee comes into play. Yee or intention Provide the Guidance or direction for this Force Flow.

4, Thus, Using/applied the Lek (power) and issuing/activating the Jing ( guided Force flow ) are two different things.

IE:

One could hammer a nail with Lek or power. However, Does one activating/issuing a guided force flow into the nail to drive into the wood?

so what do one do when one practicing SLT? applied power to the movement or to activate/issuing/emitting Force flow guide by the intention?

So where is chi comes into play? and so is the so called Chi blast a chi blast or just a phenomenon cause by the guide force flow? and what about Shen? which in the Kuen kuit says " Yee moves Shen is there" or the moment the Intention is set the Soul / life force is spontaneously arive......

NOThing psuedo science everything is clear and straight forward. But if one have no clue what is what then that is the problem. Not to mention, some go even further to become an ANTI party where ANTI CHi ANTi Jing....etc those are really really missing the point.

So, doesnt the Boxing has Jing? sure, look at the falling step what is that? Jing!
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

5, so what do one do when one practicing SLT?
    IMO, all I'm doing with SNT is reprogramming my body structure.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

IMO, all I'm doing with SNT is reprogramming my body structure.

That is totally absurd. No insult Pun. that is a wrong direction. IMHHHHO.

Reprogram to what? Can you live like yesterday? You body changes every second. your body is not a car or robot, it is a every changing flow of energy. Not to mention if you cant get into the silence, trying to clear the cell's memory is just hopeless.

are you standing there denying your nature and subject yourself to a fix drill call SNT according to your sifu's intepretation? that is absurd.

Does SNT teach one how to sit in the toilet in the perfect way?

See, IMHHHHO, SLT has two states.

1, get one to enter the gate of no gate which is the silence or the source or the limitless or get one out of one's Mind/body habitual box.

2. in that state, one practicing how the flow of force flow.

Thus, It said, Using Silence to lead the action. and only after one could enter into the silence, then one could lead the action. and lead the action is just handling the flow of force.

For the past 60 years, things just pile up or high and deep that everyone, me include, is totally lost. and keep fantasying something which is illusive.

The union of Body and mind is not about traing the body to totally controlled by the mind.

The union of the Body and mind is letting go of your body and mind such as when you enter into sleep and the body and mind union into the grace of GOD without intention.

That is the "Zen and Martial art becomes one or unify" . That is the Non dual. ( It is a Dual if either the mind or body is the master, Non dual means let go of both and the truth surface. )

and over there you flow effortless with

"comes accept, Goes return it back, let go thus forward, using the silence to lead the action."

further more,

When the chinese says Sum as in Kuen Choong Sum faat or punch source from heart.

That heart is not the mind, it is the buddha nature or the silence that "thing" which is beyond the mind and body. That " thing" which could be clearly know when both the body and mind are let go.

Try it and you sure will get there. but if you stuck at your mind and body level, you will never get there. and always limit or box by your mind and body.

There is no mind there thus there is no fear. there is no body there thus it is not subject to a certain fix way of movements... and Jing is just that flow. Thus, WCK is limitless and extremly simple.

Get the WHAT and how will surface by itself lively with unfix flow similar to the flow of the water. The water have a direction-- WHAT-- but the flow --HOW- is changes every instant and can be anything. Trying to fix a HoW such as to claim a perfect proper way to do Tan Sau is missing the point. That is trying to fix the How.

however, eventhought one can accept any type of How, one never forget or lost the What.

OK. you dont have to agree with me and I am not expecting you to. but I invite you to try this path and see for yourself. the path beyond the mind and body but not exclude the mind and body.

BTW, also forget about those ANTI Ching....etc. with those type of mentality one could not even relax oneself ; not to mention enter into the silence and attain advance martial art state. It cannot be done that way.

IE can one stuff oneself with hatre and practicing prayers? even if one do that one is going no where. When one practice prayer one needs to practice forgive or let go otherwise it wont work.

Otherwise, one is limited by that vengence, that hate , that....etc. if one's mind is stuck in those box. one's body by defaut stuck.

Praise the spring means enter into the silence and live beyond time and limit.

In Fact, even the mind, our mind is untrust worthy. it keeps changing and influence by our emotion. You dont have to believe me. Get into deep prayer then you will See for yourself. or go watch some horror movie or sexual movie or... see how your mind got influence.

Thus, silence is also LET GO LET GOD. only when one LET GO the Mind/body, Surrender everything, and LET GOD another paradigm surface. and that is entering into the silence or gate of no gate. Those are beyond imagination by the brain or mind but get get there by action.

Similar to falling into a sleep, can one think oneself into Sleep? no. but one can just drop it or let go and falling into a sleep. we do that every night without the mind. but then we keep think the mind is the master, NOPE, the mind is not.

Finally, the ancient Chinese says, " Use intention to direct Chi, with Chi one transport one's physical body. " Thus, while the chi transporting the physical body, Jing is activated. It can be transporting my own physical body or it can be other's physical body. but the process is clearly address. and Chi is just a medium at a certain level of flow. So there is no Chi-blast. there needs a wholistic flow which cause the BLAST.

that is the way of how things works. Simple stuffs

Forget about thinking those fighting thoughts, those fighting thoughts or selfdefence thoughts are just going to attract what you think--- fighting, defending. Think happy thoughts and happy comes. why so misserable keep thinking anti and fighting and defending? wasting all the energy. it is a waste of energy every day drill like in 1850 to anti qing and the qing never comes because it is 2010!

if one cant manage one's mind how can one manage one's force flow properly?
    Thus, SLT. Keep your mind Clean --- silence. SIU NIEM TAU.

DONT THINK bad thoughts, misserable thoughts, bad thoughts, struggle thoughts, poor thoughts....... Etc.

STAY in silience, peace and harmony and all is WELL. That is the way of SLT SNT.

Have a happy Thanks giving.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gZAzv1oXAfk
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Hi Hendrik,

I just came across this and whilst it is off-topic I think the debate between the traditionalists and the skeptics is worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TUz4idg-jA

***It is not intended to be insulting to you (or anyone else) for that matter.

Suki
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wei Wu View Post
    Hi Hendrik,

I just came across this and whilst it is off-topic I think the debate between the traditionalists and the skeptics is worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TUz4idg-jA

***It is not intended to be insulting to you (or anyone else) for that matter.

Suki

Fine with me.
    Free world. everyone is free to choose what they like. if you love to dream why not that is your choice.

Believe or athiest (sp?) doesnt matter, same old same old never ending debate since the begining of human kind.

believe or not believe still is within the realm of mind. those who believe today can become unbeliever tomorrow and switching back and fort.

For me this is a waste of life. debating within the duality and struggle to be right or wrong via one's ignorance mind is just living in suffering.

similar to debating who got the most proper tan sau, those are suffering.back to the topic.

so wat the heck is Jing?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 07:21 PM.

fa jin - power issuance.

the powers - short - long - falling

short power= percussive sharp shock

long power= steady increasing push

falling power = pressing short or pressing long

fa jin is demonstrated with force.

two structures can have the same appearance outwardly, but are not the same when it comes to exertion of force while maintaining correct structure.

corrrect structure, combined with rapid exertion of force = power issuance or fa jin.

It's not so hard to understand in the doing of it so much as it is trying to wrap your head around it when your only source is words on a page.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    fa jin - power issuance.

the powers - short - long - falling

short power= percussive sharp shock

long power= steady increasing push

falling power = pressing short or pressing long

fa jin is demonstrated with force.

two structures can have the same appearance outwardly, but are not the same when it comes to exertion of force while maintaining correct structure.

corrrect structure, combined with rapid exertion of force = power issuance or fa jin.

It's not so hard to understand in the doing of it so much as it is trying to wrap your head around it when your only source is words on a page.

For sake of discussion,

1, short power is not equal to percussive sharp shock. short and shock are two different things.

2, long power also doesnt egual to steady increasing push.

3, corrrect structure, combined with rapid exertion of force = power issuance or fa jin.

what is a correct structure? what is a rapid exertion of force?

5, So what is the different between Lek and Jing?

6, It's not so hard to understand in the doing of it so much as it is trying to wrap your head around it when your only source is words on a page. ---

Doing is certainly is better then fantasying.

most people like me love to think that way. however, thinking that way doesnt mean one knows what it is. IMHO. There are much much more then that layers and layers of training....etc

if some one think that is so simple,
    Take a look of the evident of , even if one's read most of the Taiji classic and doing Taiji for decades such as those Taiji practioners, how many of them knows fajing beside some demonstration which is only worthed for demonstration.

take a look at the old movie of the taiji and crane challenge in hongkong. see what is the reality. These people train and also read alots....
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-27-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Does SNT teach one how to sit in the toilet in the perfect way?
    Um there's a seat there that most people use.

I don't think there is a correct way to sit IN the toilet. Unless that's one of those Shaolin Temple secrets people keep telling (or rather, NOT telling) me about.

What a strange thread ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I just read an article that described "jing" as being able to "release" or "transfer" energy from your body (through good physics) into another body. Basically it is achieved, from my own experience through relaxation and proper structure in techniques achieved through repetition of good and proper training. Biu Jee works Jing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RGVWingChun View Post
    I just read an article that described "jing" as being able to "release" or "transfer" energy from your body (through good physics) into another body. Basically it is achieved, from my own experience through relaxation and proper structure in techniques achieved through repetition of good and proper training. Biu Jee works Jing
    Best answer i have heard thus far on this subject including Hendrik's usual Hocus Pocus.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 11-28-2008 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Um there's a seat there that most people use.

I don't think there is a correct way to sit IN the toilet. Unless that's one of those Shaolin Temple secrets people keep telling (or rather, NOT telling) me about.

What a strange thread ...

You are right.

if there is no a correct way to sit in the toilet but there are lots of nature way of shi*ting based on the body needs or condition, why practice SLT/SNT similar to a robot or practice some shaolin temple secrets or structure?

why even believe and following those who claim to know the most correct secret of doing SLT/SNT who doesnt know the nature of human being in a simple way such as Shi*ting which human body needs naturally everyday? does one needs to learn a secret structure on how to sit on the toilet?

Sure the thread is strange for those who keep his mind in a box and forget shi*ting is just a nature act needs to be address.

There is no different with Jing, Jin, Keng....etc
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-28-2008 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RGVWingChun View Post
    You got half of the story and still need to know atleast another half of the story. IMHO. keep up the good job!