Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter

Street Fighter

A Jackie Chan clip with alot of Street Fighter 2 comedy.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=452

street fighter

any of you guys into street fighter?

they just released Street Fighter 2 HD Remix on xbox live.

i downloaded it yesterday and have been kinda having fun getting my ass handed to me while i re learn how to play. it was 1200 of those game point things, which is like 18 bucks or so.

its totally old school retro street fighter 2 with a nice new clean HD look. you can play online in a 'lobby' style thing. where you spectate on fights while you wait for your turn.

you can have fun talking **** to other guys on there when you beat em down or vise versa.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Don't suppose there is a free-demo option is there? I don't like spending xbox points on crap (as I have in the past....)
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

there is a free download demo thing. i did that but since i live alone and had no one over i couldnt try it because its only a 2 player demo. for some stupid reason you cant try single player on the demo.

so if you have a second controller you can try it out for free.

i went ahead and got it because i have a friend who comes over every now and then and in the past we have both liked to fight each other on street fighter games.

and also since you can play online against strangers it has some additional playablity.

except that i really suck so get my ass handed to me every fight online. but eventually ill be able to hold my own.

those **** Ryu's
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blast, only one controller. Curses!!!! Curses I say!!!

BTW: If you like RPGs at all check out Penny Arcade: On a Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

ya i only have one controller too.

down side of being anti social...

is that a downloadable game?

yes 12345
    Simon McNeil

cool, ill check that out.

work is so freaking slow today. im going insane.

i just grabbed this, must say i love it. still one of the best 2d fighters after all these years imo!

we should put together one of the online 8 person tournaments of people from the forum . . .

Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist

Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist to get theatrical premiere in Tokyo!
    Fran Wrigley 8 hours ago

The brainchild of martial arts expert and lifelong Street Fighter devotee Joey Ansah, live-action series Assassin’s Fist was finally released on May 23 this year. Of course, you could stay home and watch the episodes on YouTube via Machinama‘s official channel, but if you happen to be in Tokyo on August 2, you could take in a special screening of the entire series in one night!

The Human Trust Cinema in Shibuya is hosting the one-off event, which in addition to showing all episodes of the web-series on the big screen will also include a talk session with Kōichi Sugiyama and Tomoaki Ayano, producer and assistant producer respectively of Ultra Street Fighter IV.

▼ As you might remember, we got pretty excited when these production stills from Assassin’s Fist came out in May!

Adaptations stemming from the classic video game Street Fighter, which was released in 1987, have a chequered history. Joey Ansah, with his co-director Christian Howard, will no doubt be hoping to erase from our collective memory the widely-panned 1994 live-action film.

▼ Just, be cooler than Jean-Claude Van Damme, OK?

In an interview with self-proclaimed “nerd-orientated news site” Den of Geek, Ansah also revealed that his previous project Street Fighter: Legacy, although released as a fan-made production, was actually financed by the marketing division of Capcom, the game’s makers. Ansah says that Capcom “got cold feet” on seeing the trailer, and he was forced to remove all their branding from the movie. “The irony is”, he adds, “[Legacy] came out and broke YouTube records and had a 98.8% approval rating.”

Ansah has spoken of his aim, with Assassin’s Fist, of making a series that is faithful to the spirit of the original game: the martial arts moves are achieved without visual effects, and the attention to detail in plotline and costuming has been roundly praised.

Tickets for the August 2 screening, which average at 1,300 yen (around US$13) go on sale July 26 at the Human Trust Cinema, Shibuya, and can also be purchased online.

To whet your appetite, you can watch the official trailer again here:

And if you can’t make it to Tokyo in August, make sure to check out the series online and let us know what you think!
    You can see all the episodes for free here:
    Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist
    by Machinima 14 videos 5,075,213 views 15,513 likes 2 hours, 31 minutes
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Street Fighter: Resurrection – Coming March 2016!

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Street Fighter hanging coffee figures

Japanese drinks maker offers tiny Street Fighter V figures with cans of Umami Blend coffee
    Jamie Koide 43 minutes ago

Japanese beverage company DyDo is celebrating its new blend of canned coffee and the release of Street Fighter V with these awesome, hanging character figures.

To celebrate its 40 anniversary, Japanese beverage maker DyDo has come up with a unique blend of coffee, named Named DyDo Blend Umami Blend, which uses not only the bean but the flesh of the coffee fruit to give it the savory taste of its umami namesake. The new canned coffee will make its debut in convenience stores and vending machines starting February 29.

For those curious to try DyDo’s newest brew, we recommend holding off one more day until March 1, however. That’s when the brand, who recently teamed up with Capcom, the creators of the newly released Street Fighter V, will begin releasing a series of tiny collectable figures of the most popular characters from the game with each drink as part of a limited promotional campaign.

Together with Capcom, the company will offer five “hanging” figures of Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Vega (Balrog in Japan), and M. Bison (Vega in Japan) in their most popular attack poses that collectors can enjoy balancing off cans of Umami or other surfaces around the office and at home.

Figures will be available until supplies run out, so you’d better act fast before someone snaps up your favorite character first!

Source: Narinari.com
    Feature/insert images: DyDo
    Chun Li caught my eye. Speaking of which...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips