Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst BJJ Coach ever

Worst BJJ Coach ever

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M8QrppY4Qa8

Holds a choke until his blue belt student goes totally out once

Holds a choke until he almost goes out another time

Holds an inverted heel hook until it "snaps"
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

What's the big deal here?

I saw a very controlled training session. You know in Japan the traditional Judo Dojos train you to render a person unconsious and then teach you how to revive that person as well. Its part of the training. Just because you dont like it doesnt qualify this as a bad instructor video. I actually liked this vid and i dont usually like the ground play vids i see. Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    I saw a very controlled training session. You know in Japan the traditional Judo Dojos train you to render a person unconsious and then teach you how to revive that person as well. Its part of the training. Just because you dont like it doesnt qualify this as a bad instructor video. I actually liked this vid and i dont usually like the ground play vids i see. Peace,TWS
    Main Entry: mo·ron
    Pronunciation: \ˈmȯr-ˌän\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: irregular from Greek mōros foolish, stupid
    Date: 1910
    1: usually offensive : a mildly mentally retarded person
    2: The Willow Sword
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

But isn't the general idea that when you tap, you are submitting? And that it is implied that the aggressor cease? Why not just hold him in an arm bar til his elbow is torn to shreds? who cares if he taps, he needs to learn the right way right? I can't agree with that. The instructor, although probably skilled, showed complete douchebagery.

Don't Kill The Students

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

I'm all for training hard and with realism, but the heel hook was a bit much. Injuries mean you can't train, so where's the benefit in deliberately injuring your students? The key word here is training. Tapping means you acknowledge that you have been submitted. To go to this extreme in a training session is IMO unnecessary and dangerous. Perhaps the instructor was showing off for the video...I don't know. I had to turn the sound down, I hate that freakin' song.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Not respecting the tap makes you an a-hole.
    That said, maybe that student was in need of a lesson, in that case, just like any other MA, the beat down may have been appropriate.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

****ing DOUCHE BAG!!!
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

I would never train with that guy.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Wow, nothing like having an instructor who treats his students well.

"I submit."
    "TOO BAD!"

Jebus.

oh come on you hypocrits

You guys LOVE IT when some guy beats the hell out of and chokes out a guy in the cage matches or the freakin UFC. You guys grunt like gorillas when you see it happen. But lo and behold you get all nancyfied and goody two shoes when you see an instructor doing it to a student in a training vid.

gimme a break.

MasterKiller:

Word: wuss (wussy)
    n. Slang
    1. A person regarded as weak or timid and especially as unmanly: Ex. In a sentence "Masterkiller is a wuss."
    [Probably blend of wimp and pu$$y1.
    wussy adj.
    2. Masterkiller
    here is a pic of MK as well.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

The Word Is TRAINING

I have friends who are amateur MMA fighters. When they are training they respect the tap, they do not continue until the other guy is unconscious or a limb breaks. In an actual match when a fighter taps the match is stopped by the ref. The only time unconsciousness or breakage occurs is by accident or because someone was too stubborn/stupid to tap. Sorry dude, but your argument has been tapped out by the facts. The instructor in the clip is an ass plain and simple.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

BM is right on.

Unless this kid was making white belts pass out after they tapped and just had it coming, this is TRAINING, not fighting.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 12-02-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    You guys LOVE IT when some guy beats the hell out of and chokes out a guy in the cage matches or the freakin UFC. You guys grunt like gorillas when you see it happen. But lo and behold you get all nancyfied and goody two shoes when you see an instructor doing it to a student in a training vid.
    if you can't understand the difference between a student / teacher training relationship and a cage match between two opponents, then maybe you need to start tapping earlier in your sessions in order to prevent further brain damage...

BTW, that guy is playing w/fire - when he chokes the guy out and holds it past the tap, how is so sure that the guy is going to wake up? what a retard; he deserves to get jumped in the parking lot for that betrayal of trust
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 12-02-2008 at 07:42 PM.

When you have a studen/instructor relationship, you have a responsibility both ways. The student should respect his teachers always, and should readily show this respect. The student should also know that he is safe with his instructor and know that he will not hurt him in their training. The instructor excepts money from his students, and also has this obligation to see that his students do not get hurt or hurt one another. This is a bladent disregard for the well being of his students. If the student needed to be addressed for misbehavior there are more prudent ways to do so than to injure them. I know for a fact that a sleeper will kill you. And it can also render you a brain damaged idiot. It is something that should never be practiced other than to show the position and technique. The sleeper is different from a choke in that the choke cuts off the air supply, but the sleeper stops the flow of blood to the brain. I can render a person completely unconscious in only 4 seconds. Anything beyond that can cause serious problems.

BM is right on.

Unless this kid was making white belts pass out after they tapped and just had it coming, this is TRAINING, not fighting.
    That was my point, I know a few Blue belts that got that treatment, though not as bad as on the clip, when I was training BJJ.
    It was rare, but it happened.
    Actually, it happened more in TKD and Kyokushin than in BJJ and I don't recall it happening ever in Judo...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !