Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Couple articles about Cung

Anderson Silva is my favorite fighter but I think Le would do better than some think simply because Silva has not fought anyone with a kicking game even close to Cung Le. Silva rarely goes for the takedown so it would be the clinch that Le would have to worry about. But his kicking would be his best chance.
    A unique snowflake

I don't know how Le will do with elbows to be honest.
    Silva has them to a level that Le hasn't seen before.
    He took Fryklund out with one.
    Otherwise, it should be a very entertaining fight to say the least.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Dude, Cung Le is not ready to face anyone close to Serra or any other fighter in the UFC! His ground game needs work, and though his win over Shamrock was nice, I did not feel as if he was truly tested! Time will tell. There is no hurry for him to jump into the big leagues!
    Jake
    I would love to see Cung fight butterbean
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjep2b224Go

I think Silva would win but Le would give him a MUCH tougher fight then people think. Le does have a kickboxing and San Shou background.

Dana White praises Cung Le

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

It would be a smart move for both Cung Le, and the UFC if Dana got him in because when EliteXC goes under Cung's gonna need a place to go. I would like to see him fight some guys in the UFC and get his name out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    It would be a smart move for both Cung Le, and the UFC if Dana got him in because when EliteXC goes under Cung's gonna need a place to go.
    I thought Cung Le was in Strikeforce still.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    I thought they were the same thing. Maybe I am wrong, it happens.

I've met a lot of fighters over the years. Cung Le is the only guy I ever met who just breathed fighting. Incredibly polite, nice guy and all the more threatening for it.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    He is. StrikeForce and EliteXC had a couple of copromotions where Cung Le faught.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Cung

He could definitely makes some waves in the UFC right now.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Couple articles about Cung

One in the link then follow to the MMAJunkie page.http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...urn=mma,125664

I just got this press release from Strikeforce

Cung Le Takes Center Stage On NBC

SAN JOSE, Calif. ?Strikeforce World Middleweight (185 lb. limit) Champion, Cung Le, will seize the spotlight during an all-new “Strikeforce on NBC” episode on Saturday night.

The special, 30-minute program, devoted entirely to the one-of-a-kind knockout artist, will showcase Le’s stoppages of Mike Altman and “Mr. Unbreakable” Brian Warren and will revisit his crushing knockouts of “The Ultimate Fighter” season three veteran, Sam “The Squeeze” Morgan, and Tony “The Freak” Fryklund.

Also included in the show is a feature segment that touches on the personal life of Le, who fled a war-torn Vietnam, just days before the fall of Saigon, as a baby in his mother’s arms in 1975.

Le’s victories over Altman and Warren were ranked number one and two, respectively, according to the results of an online poll that gave fans the opportunity to vote for their all-time favorite Strikeforce knockout on the promotion’s official website, www.strikeforce.com, last week.

A former junior college and high school wrestling star, Le has pioneered the Chinese stand-up fighting art of San Shou, which aided his run to a perfect 16-0 record in the sport of professional kickboxing and an International Kickboxing Federation (IKF) world championship. His kickboxing conquests, which included three victories in K-1 North America “Superfights,” have aired repeatedly on ESPN and ESPN2.

Two years after making his highly-anticipated mixed martial arts (MMA) debut, Le notched what is undoubtedly the greatest win of his career - a third round TKO of former UFC middleweight champion and MMA legend, Frank Shamrock on March 29th of this year. The live SHOWTIME televised victory earned Le the Strikeforce middleweight crown.

Le recently returned home from a two month stay in Berlin, where he completed his third acting stint for the silver screen, a supporting role in the science fiction thriller, “Pandorum,” which co-stars award-winning actors Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster (3:10 to Yuma, Alpha Dog). The film is slated for release next fall.

"Strikeforce on NBC," the first 52-week mixed martial arts series in network television history, airs every Saturday, immediately following NBC’s hit poker tournament series, "Poker After Dark" (check local listings). MMA legend Ken Shamrock and award-winning ESPN announcer, Lon McEachern, co-host each program and provide expert, play-by-play commentary.
    We've discussed Cung's move to films in my 2008 July/August cover story on him. We've also followed up on his films in the media forum.
    Pandorum
    Tekken
    Fighting
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

should there be a consolidated Cung Le thread?

just curious as to what others might think about doing that since he's the preiminent example of TMA in MMA at this time.

anyways, i just finally got a look at the Le vs. Shamrock vid and noted Cung's use of a side kick to continuously jam and post off of Shamrock. I thought it was interesting...and certainly not some sort of example of 'oooh, look at the CMA side kick' but you just don't see it used that often.

thoughts, anyone?

Le seemed to keep a little more of a sideways posture to his opponent vs. the usual, slightly more frontal posture many use.

this would make it easier to throw the side kick versus the front kick/teep due to the starting position of the hips...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Ive always wondered why people never used side kicks in MMA. of course the answer would be that its 'to risky' or 'not high enough success ratio'

of course all that means is not many have tried, out of fear of getting owned of course.

but cung shows us its very possible, and also very effective.

i remember it was his 2nd or 3rd mma fight where he just kept feeding the guy sidekicks, then got a TKO with a roundhouse to the body....side kick of course wearing down the guys body for the rh.

i vote for a cung thread for sure. hes my fav!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.