Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Couple articles about Cung

wow, some serious accusations there.... Or am I naive to belive that other fighters havent been offrered bonuses to keep the fight up!?!

Becasue Cung Le is not a puncher he is good enough to be the standup champ that he is! On the extreme level, he need to work on BJJ (newaza) or similar groundwork strategies.

Cung Le has awesome leg work and extremely powerful legs also.
    Forget about Yesterday, Live for Today and Pray for Tomorrow
    www.Weaponsathand.com

half a millionm Chinese fans

Kung fu star wins big China audience
    Updated: 2012-07-03 14:49
    By Matt Erspanmer and Wang Kaihao ( chinadaily.com.cn)

Cung Le, a 40-year-old Vietnamese-born United States fighter, was surprised his micro blog became so popular in China.

In a matter of only 100 days, Le, who specializes in the sanshou kung fu style, or unsanctioned fight, managed to acquire 500,000 fans on his Sina Weibo account with regular updates including his recent acceptance into the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) tournament.

“UFC is like a flagship franchise,” said Le, whose face became well known to Chinese spectators via the nine-minute fight against Donnie Yen in the 2009 movie Bodyguards and Assassins. “It’s like getting into the major leagues.”

The UFC tournament, which was founded in 1983, is the world’s largest mixed martial arts competition. The multi-million dollar franchise broadcasts fights on television that are accessible around the world.

Le’s move into UFC fights, combined with his work in both American and Chinese films, has allowed him to garner a more international audience, especially in China.

While his trainer Scott Sheeley has been helping him stay focused as UFC 148 approaches on July 7, Le still got around to making a trip to China, where he just completed two projects. One of them was an American film called Man With the Iron Fists, by longtime filmmaker Robert Fitzgerald Diggs, who is also known as RZA. Le acts opposite big Hollywood names Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu as well as his director. The other project was The Grandmasters, directed by legendary Chinese filmmaker Wong Kar-Wai.

“I love participating in Chinese kung fu movies. It is Asian power,” he said, employing a phrase he often uses on his weibo account.
    "sanshou kung fu style, or unsanctioned fight"? That's a poor translation...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well, that got that old challenge match thread deleted

But the challenges go on...
    Cung Le Responds To Flores
    July 22, 2017

On July 21st the challenge pictured below was posted via Facebook. The details of this disagreement are confusing and has taken place over the past couple weeks. Online sources are reporting Mr. Flores has fought various masters and now has challenged Cung Le for perceived insults that never occurred.

We are confused why Mr Flores has not reached out to us directly, if he would like to he can by clicking HERE or visiting our contact form. Since this has gone viral across all social media, blogs and YouTube we have decided to address it. Additionally you can see the Facebook live video where Cung addresses Francois Flores in English and Vietnamese in detail at around 20 minutes into the video. You will also spend 30 minutes behind the scenes of the movie "Europe Raiders" starring Cung Le, Jeeja Yanin and other great actors. Cung Le's Statement Below.

"To my Fans and Fellow Martial Artists:
    Recently, it has come to a point where I wish to clarify any confusion in the media regarding myself and a Mr. Flores who has touted that I have “challenged” him. In fact, I do not know Mr. Flores or the Master Kiet he appears to be fascinated with. Therefore, I cannot comment on their disagreement or the legitimacy of their Martial Arts techniques or systems. I did however state in several different ways that Mr. Flores is using the platform of Martial Arts to bully. Period. I disagree with his tactics, disrespect, assumptions and blatant disregard of the Principles of Martial Arts. Martial Arts is a lifestyle comprised of aggressive, violent and sometimes lethal techniques. The flip side is using your intelligence to qualify the restraint, respect and use of those hard earned skills. Everyday I try to empty my cup and evolve into a more well rounded Martial Artist. No one is above defeat in a fight … but defeat does not mean failure … it is what you do with that lesson. I have always said “I win like a champion and I lose like a champion.”
    To the valuable and impressionable young martial artists in our community, be respectful but constantly evolve. Ultimately, you are your own Master … and never forget to Honor those who have helped pave the road you are on. If you believe something can be taught better, then teach it to your fellow Martial Artists. Stay hungry for more but humble.
    I would like to thank all my Fans! I love you and appreciate all your support. I will continue to grow in my own Martial Art’s walk and hope my evolution helps yours."

Cung Le on Pierre Francois Flores and Europe Raiders
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart