Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Vs. Smallville

Smallville is a much better show than "The Adventures of Lois and Clark" though that isn't hard. I mean... Dean Caine?

Tom Welling has arrogant self-righteousness down to such a perfect degree that he screams "superhero in training".

And I predict that he will don the cape...

In the series finale.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

lol ya, that was a pretty bad show.

they should just make an episode where batman beats the crap out of superboy and it ends the series.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Rumours of Bruce Wayne appearing in Smallville have been ongoing. Apparently it has been blocked by some sort of copyright issue. (Shrug)

DC acted like robber barons on their writers and artists over IP for years and now it's a tangled mess.

The show has, however, already had various DC alums appear including <spoiler>Green Arrow, General Zod, Brainiac, Aquaman, the Cyborg, the Flash, Doomsday, Supergirl, and a few minor supervillains whose names I forget but who are based on comic book characters
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

spammer fixed

Just a little link change from Sopranosbaby's self-promotional DVD selling site to the proper official show links (and spelling correction - Heroes has an E in it - spammers inherently can't spell because they need to get words like **** and ****sucker around the censors).

I'm moving this thread to media even tho it's marginally martial and banning Sopranosbaby.

And I'm addicted to Heroes, even though they totally lost it during the writer's strike and have been struggling to recover ever since. I watched a little Smallville when it first started, but I lost interest.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    banning Sopranosbaby.
    Now who's the real hero baby?!?!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Good job Gene!
    Simon McNeil

Thanks guys.

The other reason I like Heroes is Hayden - I have a soft spot for dancehall divas that are eco-active.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

its also nice to see a super hero show/movie/book that has something of an original thing going on.

its easy to take an icon and spin it on your finger and make millions. but to go out there and come up with a super hero theme that not only is unique, but stands alone against things like superman, batman, spiderman.

sure its not on THAT level, may never be. but it made it past the critical moments of success.

i dont like either really, smllville started out good but got worse and worse and last year was the worst, where the cw tried to get youg boys into the show by surrounding the character with annoying women. as for heroes i just cant get into it. it just reminds me of a wek ass xmen, just like lost reminds me of a jacked up giligans island. maybe its because i dont like jj abrams.lol. thebest show on network tv to me is supernatural, now thats something i could get into. but mostly i stick to shows like, the shield(which had the best ending ever), entourage, sons of anarchy, true blood. cable has the best shows right now, network tv is for sh!t.

My watch list:

Heroes - Already gave my thoughts on it.
    Smallville - Ditto
    Supernatural - Dipped a bit in the last season but this season has been dynamite.
    Dexter - Best show on TV, bar none.
    Fringe - It is rough around the edges but has potential. The actor who plays Walter is brilliant in the role and is carrying the show... but he is reason enough to watch.
    Gray's Anatomy - My wife loves this show. I found the first few seasons entertaining but the recent <spoiler> return of Denny Duquette as a ghost probably sweeps week related plot complication has caused me to lose faith in this doctor drama. Adding it to the HEAP of doctor dramas that I watched once, twice or for a few seasons before giving up on... like House and ER.
    Simon McNeil

i pop on nbc dot com to watch heroes once a week or so. and then i do the instant stream through netflix and have been watching 30Rock. which i find to be really really funny.

i only started watching heroes 4 episodes ago though so i have not seen the first couple seasons. only the newer stuff.

i like the character hiro. i like his power the most i think, since its pretty unique. hes like a time master. forward backward or frozen PLUS he can teleport.

i didnt like it the first time i saw it, but after a couple episodes it kinda drew me in. i could go forward never seeing another episode. the main reason i watch it is because i dont do the network or cable TV, i havnt for a few years now. So it kinda just draws me in.

If im at a friends house and the TV is on, sometimes i find myself mesmerized by even the most stupid commercial. its like hypnotism.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    The other reason I like Heroes is Hayden - I have a soft spot for dancehall divas that are eco-active.

Kristen > Hayden any day of the week.

Although I tend to prefer girls with dark hair and eyes I have to say Hayden > Kristen.
    Simon McNeil

give either one emerald green eyes and she wins, as it is...ill just have to settle for both.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Although I tend to prefer girls with dark hair and eyes I have to say Hayden > Kristen.

That, sir, is redonkulous. Seriously.

I wish there were an icon of my taking my glove off and slapping you in the face.

Midget over Chun Li?

Them's fightin' words boyeeeeeee.