Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: resident evil

resident evil

resident evil: degeneration

a friend of mines had a few early copies of this dvd a few weeks ago, i passed on it cause i thought it was just a continuation of the ****ty movies series. but then i found out it was actually a cgi version using the game characters so i jumped on it and needless to say i was not disappointed and at the same time i was. let me explain, the thing that disappointed me was: why couldnt the movie be like this, this film blew away all three movies into nothing but cinder. in the film we have two of the games main characters throughout the series, Claire and Leon from the second game on i think, also introducing a new character angela.

Plot:
    after umbrella corp. is revealed to have been making bio chemical weapons its stock plummets and it is dismantled, enter wilfarma a company that looks like the next umbrella corp. dealing in the same business, its stock begin to plummet, at the crux of this is a senator with ties to wilfarma, who comes to a city amidst massive protest, also enter Claire one of our three hero's she also part of one of the prostest groups, everything seems fine until a zombie shows up at the airport then all hell breaks loose. im not gonna go into to much plot detail as it would reveal to much so i'll leave it there.

what i liked about this cg film was it played out like a FMVv from the game and in fact it almost made you feel like you had to reach for your controller, the three leads and our villian were solid in terms of acting, the senator character was a bit to muhc for my taste. while the cg wasnt know where near advent children it was still good. i think the makers of the series should pay close attention to this film and maybe it will garner a re-invention(i hate the term reboot, its movies not a ****ing computer) of the movie, anyway gonna leep it brief, i'll give this movie, 8 out of ten for overall enjoyment. pick up a copy i think its out now,

Just saw it

It was definitely a great ride. The movies were okay (part two being my personal favorite) but this movie is something else!

I played part II way back when and this brought back all kinds of great memories. The movie will please fans of the game and those who were displeased with the live action movies.

The feats that they had accomplished with the CGI were just amazing. The G Virus beast was awesome. I thought Nemesis in part II was good but this movie had some great action. The voice acting was really good. I was hoping for a Japanese track.

I totally agree with Doug. This movie deserves a watch.

Then go watch Advent Children all over again.

Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

i was told it sucked and was ok. but this was form people who didnt really like the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Slightly OT

Li Bingbing just joined RE5, according to Milla's tweet.

Milla Jovovich
    Drum roll please! So, Ada Wong in RE5 is being played by Chinese actress Li Bingbing! We're so excited! Check get out on imdb!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have the hots for Milla so, anything with her is all good
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Zombie mishap

Looks like the zombies didn't have a good day on set...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20119156.shtml

It's all about Milla

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I have the hots for Milla so, anything with her is all good
    So you gonna check out that new Musketeers flick, SJ? I love Dumas, but the recent cinematic interpretations have sucked. Milla is the only reason I might go, but I doubt I will.

Milla Jovovich Fights Like A Girl!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    So you gonna check out that new Musketeers flick, SJ? I love Dumas, but the recent cinematic interpretations have sucked. Milla is the only reason I might go, but I doubt I will.

Milla Jovovich Fights Like A Girl!
    Milla in a period piece? *drools*
    There is something just uber-sexy about a beautiful woman that has NOT had any plastic done or boob job or anything silly like that.
    And she actually pulls off the fighting.

Bingbing confirmed

Milla's tweet was spot on

Li Bing Bing to play Ada Wong in new "Resident Evil" film
    Posted: 13 October 2011 1617 hrs

Li Bing Bing in a promotional photo for her previous Hollywood outing "The Forbidden Kingdom".

TORONTO: Chinese actress Li Bing Bing will join the cast of the upcoming Hollywood sci-fi horror film "Resident Evil: Retribution", the fifth installment in the "Resident Evil" film series.

Hollywood actress Milla Jovovich, who plays the lead character Alice in "Resident Evil: Retribution", announced via Twitter on Tuesday that Li will play the mysterious secret agent Ada Wong in the film.

"Resident Evil: Retribution", which is directed by Jovovich's husband Paul Anderson, is expected to be released in September next year.

The "Resident Evil" films were inspired by a popular survival-horror video game series of the same name, that pits players against zombies, mutant dogs and various other abominations.

The films feature many characters from the games though their storylines differ quite significantly from that of the games.

"Resident Evil: Afterlife",the latest film in the series, grossed a whopping US$300 million (S$383 million) worldwide.
    As for Milla as Milady, well, that's a complex role for her. Can she play that kind of psycho like Faye did?

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I like Li's outfit in the next flick

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I really can't stand 3D, gotta be honest here.
    I actually avoid those movies unless I can see them in 2D.
    Of course I will see this one because I can do no less, my addiction to Milla is all encompassing !!

can't wait for the new resident evil movie. along with RE6 and the one in march for the xbox that has squad based combat. there is another cgi movie coming out also, ****ation.

I'll stick with The Walking Dead.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I'll stick with The Walking Dead.
    hope you mean the comics, because the tv show is balls. balls as in smelly and gross.

Speaking of the Walking Dead

I just gotta share this here now: The Walking Dead Alternate Intro.

I've never actually watched Walking Dead or Resident Evil. I live in America. I've had my fill of zombies.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips