Thread: Where to buy Shuai Jiao uniforms???

Where to buy Shuai Jiao uniforms???

Can anyone list the different companies or direct wholesalers for Shuai Jiao Unifoms that they know of??

Thank you.

MP

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    someone may come up with something but in my search there seem to be two sources only

http://www.combatshuaichiao.com/merchandise.html

http://www.shuai-chiao.org/catalog/s...ao_jacket.html

The top from Master Lin is a lightweight rip stop material that seems to be the same material as rip stop bdu's. It has the weight and feel of a karate style top but cut to SC proportions

The top from Master Weng's group is of a similar weight to a triple weave judo uniform with a very heavy collar.

MAM used to cary them but discontinued due to lack of demand according to Gene.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I bought the ones from http://www.shuai-chiao.org/catalog/
    if you go to the manufacturer in Taiwan,Bokaido, (we have a friend who periodically goes there and picks them up for us) you can buy them wholesale from the company-otherwise these guys have the monopoly. They are expensive, but they are extremely durable and will last you many years, so they are an investment rather than a cost.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 12-08-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post

MAM used to cary them but discontinued due to lack of demand according to Gene.

well, since MMA is the new wave, and many Kung-Fu schools are adding some form of shuai-jiao (or judo, jiu-jutsu,bjj , hapikido,etc and calling it shuai-jiao) into their curriculum-perhaps GENE could start bringing them back.
    BTW-Weng sells only the jacket, you need to buy the belt and pants separately.
    (when you order from Taiwan,they give you the whole uniform)
    Last edited by TenTigers; 12-08-2008 at 09:29 AM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Bokaido's email address is:

bokaido@ms17.hinet.net

the website is in hanzi: http://www.bokaido.com.tw/

Your google fu is weak my son
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

according to Gene

'fraid that's so.

Shuai Jiao uniforms had already been discontinued when I started here and I'm coming up on my 10th year anniversary with Tiger Claw. We were big proponents of Shuai Jiao - one of the first to expose it to America in platforms of articles and video. There were practitioners here spread out is some of the major metropolises, and it bled into sanshou, so it looked very promising. But it never really became financially viable enough to sustain the uniforms. We still think shuai jiao is a fabulous discipline and have great hope for it's future. It just lacks the economic base for us to support carrying a whole line of uniforms for it anymore.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart