Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hardcore bone breaks in MMA matches

Gene

Thats a nasty arm bone break . Dont they tell these guys in mixed martial arts to support there arm when being kicked by the shinbone roundkick or try and get out of the way ? Will we see more of these kind of breaks with legs and arms what about the elbow or the knee have any of them been broke yet ? Man im glad im a 45 year middle aged man and cant do nothing in martial arts anymore except with a staff or knife .

Slightly OT

An ear explosion. That's one ripe cauliflower.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Buck Pineau vs Pat McCrohan

Halloween 2015 at CES 31
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tap or snap

I had a hard time getting this vid to load. You'll have to follow the link to see if you can load it.

MMA fighter gets his arm broken when he refuses to tap out
    By WWOS staff
    8 hours ago

There was nothing amateur about this incident in the USA, which saw an MMA fighter walk away from a grapple with a broken arm after he failed to tap
    ’Snap’ – the sound an MMA fighter never wants to hear NOW

If you have a weak stomach approach with caution.

This video shows just how brutal mixed martial arts can be.

Two fighters grapple on the floor during a lower tier MMA bout and one of the fighters just doesn’t know when the right time is to tap out.

As their tangled bodies fight for the upper hand, one of the fighters gets himself into a dangerous lock with his arm hanging out waiting to get manipulated.

As they wrestle, the fighter in a more dominant position starts to pick apart his opponent, pulling on his arm to try and get leverage.

But instead of tapping out, the other guy decides to keep fighting despite being in a weaker position.

Usually when an MMA fighter finds himself in this situation, the logical move is to submit to avoid serious injury.

However, the dude with his arm out tries to fight on and gets it broken in the process.

The sound alone is enough to make you squeal.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT

It wasn't a bone 'break'.

Yes, that's a pun, a very bad pun. I am ashamed.

MMA fighter feared he had a 'broken' ***** after taking illegal kick to the groin
    By ARI GILBERG
    JUN 25, 2018 | 7:30 PM

Now that’s nuts!

An MMA fighter was taken to the hospital and needed his testicles examined after suffering an illegal kick to the groin during a fight.

Thiago Tavares was the victim of a low blow during his fight against Robert Watley at PFL 2 on Thursday. The kick was so brutal that the impact of Watley’s shin to Tavares’ cup resulted in a loud thumping sound being picked up by the cage-side microphones.

”I thought ‘My God, I’ll look at my ***** and it will be broken or something like that. Something happened,’” Tavares told MMA Fighting. “It was scary. ...I tried to stand back up but I felt so much pain I sat down again and the doctor stopped it.”

Thiago Tavares holds his grown after suffering a gruesome low blow. (PFL2 / PFL MMA Live)

Tavares, who fought in the UFC for nearly 10 years, was rushed to the hospital and told MMA Fighting doctors initially suspected he may have suffered a testicle rupture.

He was later deemed fine after a few hours.

Following the gruesome blow — which can be viewed at the 1:13:58 mark — Tavares was given five minutes to recover, but was unable to continue. The situation would normally result in the fight being ruled a no-contest under the United Rules of MMA. However, the Illinois State Athlete Commission has a different set of rules and, as a result, Watley was awarded a TKO win.

Tavares (21-8-1) disagrees with the result and told MMA Fighting he plans to appeal the decision.

”And they still rule it a TKO due to accidental low blow, man,” Tavares told MMA Fighting. “How can someone knock someone out with an illegal kick? And they still write it down in the result? It’s like a World Cup referee validating a goal with a hand and write it down that the player used his left hand. It makes no sense. If he thought he scored the goal with his head, okay, it’s only one mistake. A grotesque mistake, but only one, like giving this guy a TKO win. But they went ahead and actually made it official that the method was an accidental low blow.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ouch

I'm splitting a thread for Nasty Groin Shots in MMA from our Hardcore bone breaks in MMA matches.

Report: Sergei Kharitonov has a hemorrhoid as a result of Matt Mitrione groin kick at Bellator 215

By Mookie Alexander
    @mookiealexander Feb 16, 2019, 3:41pm EST

It was an unfortunate end to the Bellator 215 main event on Friday night, as Sergei Kharitonov took a brutal kick to the groin from Matt Mitrione, and he was rendered unable to continue just 15 seconds into the fight.

Kharitonov, who was writhing in pain the moment he hit the canvas, was taken out of the cage on a stretcher and transported to a hospital. The latest update is that he was indeed in enough pain that he had to go back into the hospital Saturday morning, per ESPN’s Ariel Helwani.

“Sergei Kharitonov was discharged from a local Connecticut hospital last night after getting kicked in the groin by Matt Mitrione, which resulted in a no contest, sources told ESPN,” Helwani reported. “However, he experienced more pain and discomfort this morning and was re-admitted to the hospital.”

“After another round of tests, the doctors determined he did not suffer from any internal bleeding. According to Bellator sources, he does have a hemorrhoid as a result of the kick and has been given topical and pain medication by doctors.”

Kharitonov has since been discharged again.

The accidental kick resulted in a no contest, officially the fastest NC in Bellator MMA history. Mitrione was apologetic in the aftermath, even offering up an immediate rematch against the Russian.

“I cannot begin to explain how sorry I am for everybody that paid to come to the fight to watch that fight between Sergei and I,” Mitrione said (via MMAjunkie). It would’ve been really dope – it would’ve been a great fight. Obviously, it was not intentional – the worst possible situation.

“… Sergei: I’m genuinely sorry. I’m apologetic as I could possibly be.”

“If Sergei is down to go, if he can do it, if his body’s good – hopefully he didn’t rupture a (testicle) – but if he can do it again, then obviously I’m 100 percent down,” Mitrione said. “He’s the only person I really want to fight in this situation because everybody, I think, deserves that. It would’ve been a great fight and a lot of fun. It just sucks, man.”

Oh yes, and you’ll never believe who one of Mitrione’s sponsors is. Ball Wash.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shoulda tapped...

JUST GIVE UP! Pat Sabatini has arm broken in MMA title fight and CM Punk has to tell crowd to stop booing winner James Gonzalez
    GRAPHIC WARNING
    By Alex McCarthy
    3rd February 2020, 3:05 pm
    MMA star Pat Sabatini may have earned a lot of respect at the weekend, but he lost his Cage Fury Fighting Championship featherweight title and had his arm broken.

Sabatini suffered a gruesome broken arm as he refused to tap out against James Gonzalez just 46 seconds into the first round of their contest.

UFC FIGHT PASS
    Pat Sabatini had his arm broken by James Gonzalez in a title fight

The bout, for which former WWE superstar and UFC fighter CM Punk was ring announcing, was only made six days ago as Gonzalez stepped in.

Sabatini was locked in an armbar, but he refused to tap. It took Gonzalez releasing the hold and alerting the referee to the injury to stop the fight.

Obviously, that is the highest level of toughness one can imagine, but it didn’t stop Gonzalez walking out as the champion and the crowd roundly booing him.

In fact, Punk stepped in and asked the crowd to stop booing the new champion.

Speaking after the encounter, Gonzalez said: “First I would like say, I wish that didn’t happen. I wish he could have tapped and saved his arm from breaking like that.

UFC FIGHT PASS
    You can see Pat Sabatini’s arm bending in ways that it shouldn’t

UFC FIGHT PASS

@UFCFightPass
    Yikes. #CFFC81

Embedded video
    7:19 PM - Feb 1, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    1,023 people are talking about this
    “I respect Pat Sabatini, he’s been on the circuit with me since I started and I always thought I was going to fight him sooner but we fought tonight and this is what happened.

“I wish him a speedy recovery and that’s all I got to say about that. I’ve been trying to get fights as much as possible.

“It’s really hard to find guys who want to fight me, in either weight class, and I guess you guys saw why.”
    THREADS
    Standing arm breaks... Slightly OT because it's the victim that's standing.
    Hardcore bone breaks in MMA matches
    CM Punk
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Payzutdin Aliyev

Russian Fighter Breaks His Neck And Is Left Paralyzed After Flying Armbar Goes Horribly Wrong
    February 11, 2020

Payzutdin Aliyev, 26, is heard in the video yelling in excruciating pain after landing hard on his head.

Aliyev was rushed to hospital from the Tinkoff Arena in St Petersburg, Russia, where he had been taking part in the Universal Fighters Open Cup

He was diagnosed with “a brain contusion, a closed craniocerebral trauma and a fracture of the cervical vertebrae with damage to the spinal cord”, said a Russian report.

The fighter’s arms and legs are paralysed as a result of the wounds, it has been claimed.

flying_armbar_gone_wrong
    What a brutal fall. I can hardly watch that vid.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Broken off

Former Olympic wrestler Khetag Pliev loses finger during MMA fight
    Middleweight’s left ring finger was torn off mid-fight
    Pliev, 37, represented Canada at the 2012 Olympics
    Injury occurred during co-main event of CFFC 94

Khetag Pliev placed 10th in the 96kg weight class at the London Olympics. Photograph: Steve Russell/Toronto Star/Getty Images
    Guardian sport
    Thu 1 Apr 2021 23.53 EDT

Khetag Pliev, the former Olympic freestyle wrestler turned professional MMA fighter, lost a finger during a Cage Fury Fighting Championships fight on Thursday night at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia.

Pliev, a four-time national wrestling champion known as ‘The Terminator’ who represented Canada at the 2012 London Olympics, suffered the gruesome injury during the first or second round of a middleweight bout with Devin Goodale in the co-main event of CFFC 94, which was broadcast live on the UFC’s Fight Pass streaming service.

Goodale was declared the winner by second-round technical knockout after referee David Osaghae discovered between rounds that Pliev’s left ring finger was no longer attached to his hand.

The official method of victory according to Sherdog.com was ‘Detached Finger’.

“They just made a PA announcement at #CFFC94 that they are trying to locate a fighter’s missing finger,” TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter tweeted. “It evidently fell off into his glove during the bout and is missing somewhere in the venue.”

Goodale failed to add any clarity to the bizarre situation during a post-fight interview.

“I can’t remember anything, I don’t know,” said Goodale, who improved to a perfect four wins from four as a professional. “I got hit by something big, I don’t remember what happened. I’m just being honest. I don’t remember what happened. I’ll have to watch the tape myself, I don’t remember anything.”

CM Punk, the former WWE star and UFC welterweight who was working as a color commentator for Thursday’s broadcast, was equally mystified in the immediate aftermath.

“I don’t understand exactly what happened,” Punk said. “We’re not going to replay it for you, ladies and gentlemen, but it wasn’t a compound fracture. It wasn’t a dislocation, a break, a laceration. His finger was just gone. It’s gone. It fell off, ripped off.”

Later Thursday, ESPN confirmed Pliev’s finger was recovered and re-attached by surgeons at a nearby hospital. CFFC president Rob Haydak said the detached digit had been lodged in Pliev’s glove.

The 37-year-old Pliev, who placed 10th in the 96kg weight class at the London Games, fell to 5-2 in mixed martial arts after Thursday’s bout, which was contracted at a catchweight of 180lbs, five pounds below the middleweight division limit.

He also fought six times as a professional boxer in the cruiserweight division from 2017 through 2019, compiling a record of five wins and one loss.
    threads
    Hardcore-bone-breaks-in-MMA-matches
    CM-Punk
    Olympic-MMA
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

WATCH : Chris Weidman leg break video , UFC 261

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Conor Mcgregor Breaks ANKLE/LEG in Main Event vs Dustin

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

21 yr. old Dylan Reischman suffers horrific leg break in his pro MMA debut

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT

The nose isn't quite a bone but this still counts.

MUAY THAI FIGHTER SCHNOZZ GETS JACKED UP IN FIGHT
    3/25/2024 7:33 AM PT

Quite possibly one of the grossest injuries in combat sports history went down over the weekend ... when a Muay Thai fighter had his nose completely wrecked during a bout -- and yeah, the video is disgusting.

The gruesome incident went down between Por Tor Thor Petchrungruang and Shayan Heydari in Thailand ... when the latter was rocked with a vicious uppercut in the second round of the contest.

Heydari's nose practically went sideways ... and it was immediately clear the thing was broken.

Heydari fell to his knees and covered his face as a result of the ailment ... and the fight was called off, with Petchrungruang getting the victory via TKO.

There have been a ton of nasty injuries in fighting -- former UFC champ Glover Teixeira's face getting beat up against Jamahal Hill in Jan. 2023 comes to mind -- but this one is way worse.

Heydari will certainly go under the knife to fix his rearranged face ... so he'll probably be out for a bit as he heals up.

Just another example of fighters being built different.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips